ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Elvis Dumervil has agreed with the Ravens. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271428)

DaFace 03-25-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9527928)
It's unfortunate that someone has returned... the forum has been a good place for a few months. And, honestly - to me, the Elvis loss is way too overblown around here. If the Broncos had resigned him and I pumped up his return as much as you're pumping up his loss... well, you'd tell me I was crazy for thinking it mattered as much.

Agreed.

Garcia Bronco 03-25-2013 09:37 AM

And Elvis has left the building...for another building.

Mile High Mania 03-25-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9528141)
I think the losses of Anquan Boldin, Ray Lewis, Dannelle Ellerbe, Ed Reed, Bernard Pollard, Paul Kruger and Bobbie Williams all starters by the way is a lot for a team to lose in a single offseason.
Ellerbe was suppose to take Rays place. So they lost their HOF LB and his replacement. Not to mention both of their starting safeties in Reed and Pollard. Boldin may not have great numbers but they are solid and there are a lot of clutch catches in there.

I think they will be ok, not as dominant on paper, but they will still be a force and 10 or more wins is still likely.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-25-2013 10:14 AM

Kruger might be the biggest loss of them all, too.

Mother****erJones 03-25-2013 10:18 AM

Dumervil is as good as Kruger so thats a wash

RunKC 03-25-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9528260)
Dumervil is as good as Kruger so thats a wash

I'd rather have Kruger. Dumervil is terrible in run defense. Absolutely terrible.

Codered 03-25-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9528262)
I'd rather have Kruger. Dumervil is terrible in run defense. Absolutely terrible.

That's what I think is being overlooked here. Dumervil was a force in the pass rush, but Denver looks to be replacing him with a potential capable pass rusher. It's a loss, but not like Von Miller would have been.

Marcellus 03-25-2013 10:23 AM

If the Ravens had this money why didn't they keep Bolden?

MagicHef 03-25-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9528262)

Kruger was subbed out for Upshaw on running downs, statistically he was worse against the run than Doom.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-25-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9528302)
Kruger was subbed out for Upshaw on running downs, statistically he was worse against the run than Doom.

Yup. Factor in that Dum is a far superior pass rusher and the Ravens come out like bandits.

Denver's left with either the corpse of Freeney or Abe and allows an AFC Power to get better all because of incompetence.

Garcia Bronco 03-25-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 9528269)
That's what I think is being overlooked here. Dumervil was a force in the pass rush, but Denver looks to be replacing him with a potential capable pass rusher. It's a loss, but not like Von Miller would have been.

Dumervil has become much more accomplished in the running game than say 4 years about as an OLB in a 3-4.

mcaj22 03-25-2013 11:07 AM

you do realize that

Jones Ngata Canty/Spears
Doom - McClain - McClellan - Suggs

> Elerrbe, Ray Lewis, Kruger and pals.

McClain had 79 tackles last year and McClellan had almost 50. And that's both of them playing 2nd and 3rd string behind Ray Lewis and Ellerbe, and when Ray got hurt they stepped in fine, both of them are easy cheap replacements at MLB, that have been groomed to take over. Ellerbe is not that big of a loss when they have guys in house that can do the same thing, maybe not at the same level, but they dont have to overpay for them, which is the Ravens Way. So they went out and stacked their pass rush instead. Canty and Spears might not even START. think about that.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-25-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9528270)
If the Ravens had this money why didn't they keep Bolden?

They know when it's time to move on, IMO.

tooge 03-25-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 9526260)
Bottom line is that he wasn't worth the contract that Josh gave him and they tried to fix it. It didn't work... Now they move on.

Not really the bottom line. the bottom line is this:

the brocos defense was what it was, because opposing teams had to decide which side to double team, and had to leave one guy one on one. Also, opposing QB's didn't have much time to pick on the old man playing corner or the lame safeties, so the pass defense was solid simply because of two players. Now, one of them is gone and old Freeney and old Abraham aren't anywhere near the pass rushing talent that Dumerville is.

This was a huge loss for the Donks, similar to when the chiefs let Jared Allen walk.

mcaj22 03-25-2013 11:16 AM

yea now you only have one guy to gameplan for on the entire Broncos defense

how easy is that