ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football First openly gay NFL player to come out soon? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271468)

Brock 03-26-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9530607)
Show me a gay dude willing to shut the **** up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

I could show you several, but you'd still be a moron.

Marcellus 03-26-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530488)
Do you think straight men disrespect boundaries with women sometimes?

I think you guys are swinging and missing on what Detox is trying to say.

I was in the military with a a guy who we all assumed was gay, he couldn't be open about it because at the time it was an exit out, but we were fairly sure he was gay.This was an infantry unit mind you. The guy didn't have any issues because he knew better than to mess with anyone or push the issue. Even though we knew he was gay, he was not ostracized or anything. The guy was an E-6 so it didn't appear he was being held back in any way either.

I have also worked with openly gay people in the civilian workplace where a few specific gay people would go out of their way to make you uncomfortable with it on purpose. Push things to see how far they could get away with it because if anything was said they cried discrimination.

I think whether gay or straight, there are boundaries at work. End of story.

And yea the boundaries may not be the exact same for gay and strait people because boundaries are determined by what is deemed offensive and that is also up to the person involved. Just like any other sexual or workplace harassment issue.

You always need to know your environment and your audience.

That is called life.

My sister is a fairly outspoken lesbian, we have had some very interesting discussions on these types of things.

Spott 03-26-2013 12:28 PM

Whoever it is, I hope he plays for the Packers.

ptlyon 03-26-2013 12:29 PM

Pics Marcellus!

ToxSocks 03-26-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9530637)

And yea the boundaries may not be the exact same for gay and strait people because boundaries are determined by what is deemed offensive and that is also up to the person involved. Just like any other sexual or workplace harassment issue.

Truth.

patteeu 03-26-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9530637)
I think you guys are swinging and missing on what Detox is trying to say.

I was in the military with a a guy who we all assumed was gay, he couldn't be open about it because at the time it was an exit out, but we were fairly sure he was gay.This was an infantry unit mind you. The guy didn't have any issues because he knew better than to mess with anyone or push the issue. Even though we knew he was gay, he was not ostracized or anything. The guy was an E-6 so it didn't appear he was being held back in any way either.

I have also worked with openly gay people in the civilian workplace where a few specific gay people would go out of their way to make you uncomfortable with it on purpose. Push things to see how far they could get away with it because if anything was said they cried discrimination.

I think whether gay or straight, there are boundaries at work. End of story.

You always need to know your environment and your audience.

That is called life.

My sister is a fairly outspoken lesbian, we have had some very interesting discussions on these types of things.

And you don't think this happens between some men and the women they're around?

Imon Yourside 03-26-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Show me a gay dude willing to shut the **** up without telling the world he sucks dick and throwing a parade and l'll be impressed.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3mG-T9ocF_U?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Canofbier 03-26-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

I'll bet you already interact with those people on a regular basis, and you just don't know that they're gay. Believe it or not, most gays aren't parading around in rainbow capes, lisping at people indignantly.

seaofred 03-26-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9530683)
And you don't think this happens between some men and the women they're around?

I don't think anyone is saying, it doesn't happen between men and women. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are saying it ALSO happens between men and men.

bowener 03-26-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Are you ****ing serious or just a dumbass?

If you're going to follow along the lines of ridiculous stereotypes, then I will to. From your post it is easy to see that you are actually a closeted gay man that is angry at other gay men for having the balls and pride to come out to the world and their family and friends. You just hide pouting and full of self indignation. Grow up.

Dayze 03-26-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 9530652)
Whoever it is, I hope he plays for the Packers.

LMAO

this thread has some gold moments.

patteeu 03-26-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 9530710)
I don't think anyone is saying, it doesn't happen between men and women. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are saying it ALSO happens between men and men.

Then what's the point of bringing it up in this thread? It's not a characteristic related to being gay.

Prison Bitch 03-26-2013 01:20 PM

I want him paraded around NYC with Goodell, to discuss how to work with other males without harrassing them. I want Gloria Allred at a presser, talking about how "concerned" she is with potential sexual harassment in the workplace. And of course, I want him role-playing harassment situations with a licensed & trained "diversity trainer" who will show him the way to interact appropriately with others.

My wish, for you, is that the diversity training turns into all you wanted to. (Of course, the NFL will do the exact opposite and put the other 1500 players into THEIR OWN diversity training)

ChiefsCountry 03-26-2013 01:23 PM

No smear the queer jokes?

loochy 03-26-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9530777)
No smear the queer jokes?

no because soon tackling will not be allowed in the NFL