ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational Fears (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271583)

Chiefshrink 03-30-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9541341)
I probably have an irrational fear of sharks.

When I saw Jaws back in 70's, I was immediately fascinated by sharks and read every book I could find on the subject. When the Discovery Networks began airing Shark Week back in the early 90's, I was fixated.

Yet when I'm in the ocean more than waist deep, I know that there are sharks everywhere (especially Great Whites in the Pacific) and immediately move in closer, for fear of being attacked.

No, you have a rational fear based on what you know about sharks:thumb:

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 9541349)
No, you have a rational fear based on what you know about sharks:thumb:

Well, it feels like it's irrational.

It didn't help when in 2006, I came face to face with a 5 foot long Atlantic Barracuda that bared its teeth at me while snorkeling in Mexico.

I'd never swam so fast in my life as I did that morning. There were people on the shore that saw it coming at me, too.

Good times. :doh!:

Rausch 03-30-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9541371)

It didn't help when in 2006, I came face to face with a 5 foot long Atlantic Barracuda that bared its teeth at me while snorkeling in Mexico.

I'd never swam so fast in my life as I did that morning. There were people on the shore that saw it coming at me, too.

You could be a pu$$y.

Have you been checked?...

DaneMcCloud 03-30-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9541374)
You could be a pu$$y.

Have you been checked?...

Dude, it was freakin' scary. That fish was literally 10 inches from my face, opened it's mouth and freaked me out. Like I said, people on the shore saw it happen (this was in a lagoon) and I had about 5 people pull me out of the water.

I really don't want to end up as fish food.

bevischief 03-30-2013 01:21 PM

Swimming in anything outside a swimming pool. Go watch River Monsters.

MOhillbilly 03-30-2013 02:42 PM

Man you guys ever go noodle or hand frog at night?

Bowser 03-30-2013 02:56 PM

Not sure if it is a fear, per se, but I cannot stand people drinking out of my water bottle. Get your own, dammit.

mlyonsd 03-30-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9541371)

I don't blame you. I've seen what those things can do, and they usually travel in packs.

cdcox 03-30-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 9541583)

I don't have any irrational fears because I avoid crazy stuff like noodling.

Bowser 03-30-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Hell no

EagleRob 03-30-2013 03:06 PM

Quote:

Hot blonde at work from TN does this when she goes back home. Something irrationally scary and at the same time unspeakably appealing about a hot blonde with her arm down a fish's throat.

EagleRob 03-30-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9541630)
Hot blonde at work from TN does this when she goes back home. Something irrationally scary and at the same time unspeakably appealing about a hot blonde with her arm down a fish's throat.

I know, pix or its worthless but not happening.

Gonzo 03-30-2013 03:12 PM

I have several rational fears but nothing irrational.
I do dislike Clowns, most bugs and snakes of course... I don't know if I'm really afraid of snakes. I mean, one time I was grouse hunting in the sand-hills and I came up on 2 huge rattlers. I blew them away with bird-shot, grabbed my dogs, broke camp and drove 350 miles home and have never hunted that area again.
Ok, maybe I was startled a bit.

Well, come to think about it, one time Lumpy was working in the yard and she dug up a little garden-snake. I grabbed my 10 lb maul-axe and chopped it in several pieces, then threw the remains in the burn barrel, dumped a full container of lighter fluid on it and watched it burn for two days.

Oh then there was the time I had to do community service after kicking the shit out of a thirteen year old for hiding a rubber snake in my mailbox.

Afraid? Nah...

Sorter 03-30-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9541640)
I have several rational fears but nothing irrational.
I do dislike Clowns, most bugs and snakes of course... I don't know if I'm really afraid of snakes. I mean, one time I was grouse hunting in the sand-hills and I came up on 2 huge rattlers. I blew them away with bird-shot, grabbed my dogs, broke camp and drove 350 miles home and have never hunted that area again.
Ok, maybe I was startled a bit.

Well, come to think about it, one time Lumpy was working in the yard and she dug up a little garden-snake. I grabbed my 10 lb maul-axe and chopped it in several pieces, then threw the remains in the burn barrel, dumped a full container of lighter fluid on it and watched it burn for two days.

Oh then there was the time I had to do community service after kicking the shit out of a thirteen year old for hiding a rubber snake in my mailbox.

Afraid? Nah...

That's ****ed up bruh.

bevischief 03-30-2013 04:08 PM

Some of you are weird.