ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***OFFICIAL TYLER BRAY QBOTF HOPE THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272606)

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9645465)
Bray has all the talent in the world to be the next Brett Favre but he needs to do it consistently. He can throw a 80 yard bomb. Problem is his mentality. He always wants to throw deep. He needs to know that a 10 yard slant is better than to throw it into double coverage 50 yards down field.

Also he needs to put the work into studying and improving. If he actually puts in the time and film study my god watch out. He could easily suplant A Smith as the starter.

Wanting to throw deep is NEVER a liability after, well ****; just name any Chiefs QB to come right on down the ****ing historical pike.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2013 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9645616)
So is this project labeled the Stanzi Part Deux Project?

Its called the Raping Faces Project part one, because its never happened before. Go deep!
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 04-30-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9645304)
errrr, not quite

bart starr, though going in the 17th round, went 200th overall (much fewer picks per round)
roger staubach went at pick 129
trent green went pick 222
brad johnson went pick 227

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE GUYS WOULD'VE BEEN DRAFTED (254 total picks in a draft)

I have to disagree with your conclusions, at least with the earlier QB's. While yes, there were fewer picks per round, that is due to the fact that there were fewer teams. I checked the 1956 draft (Starr) and 1964 draft (Staubach) which had 12 & 14 teams respectively. The 1956 draft averaged 30 picks per team, while the 1964 draft averaged 20 picks per team. The 2013 draft averaged 7.9 picks per team (32 teams).

In 1993 (Green), there were 28 teams with an average of 8 picks per team. In 1992 (Johnson), there were 28 teams with an average 12 picks per team. Much closer to the 2013 draft in terms of picks by team.

To me, that means any of the four players listed would have to be have been picked before 7.9 x n (# of teams) in their draft year in order to not be considered a UDFA in comparison to a 2013 UDFA. For simplicity, I'll just round up to 8.

Starr:
8 (picks per team) x 12 (total teams) = 96
Picked at 200, he is well in to comparable UDFA range

Staubach:
8 (picks per team) x 14 (total teams) = 112
Picked at 129, he is also comparable to a 2013 UDFA

Green:
8 (picks per team) x 28 (total teams) = 224
Picked at 222, he just escapes being Mr. Irrelevant in 2013

Johnson:
Picked at 227, he just misses and becomes a UDFA

At least that's the way I see it. Let me know if I'm missing or overlooking something.

Mother****erJones 04-30-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexSmithDynasty (Post 9645099)
This guy is Ryan Leaf without the hype.

ROFL Alex Smith isn't a dynasty shitbrick

Mother****erJones 04-30-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9645639)
We have to remember that these are KIDS. How mature were we at 21? If I had been a stud QB in college, I'da been a drunked-out partier bangin' all the chicks I could. Last thing I'da been thinking was how to memorize the playbook. Especially if I had a 59 mph fast ball to go deep with.

Take 2 years for him to mature while getting coached up by Andy and he can be something. Going undrafted may have been the best thing for him.

Exactly. What kid at 21 doesn't do some head shaking shit? Not excusing it, but it's the perfect situation. Come in, no pressure and watch and learn under Reid.

Mother****erJones 04-30-2013 10:55 AM

If you have the arm, you want to throw it deep. Like Flacco. Lets see if we can coach him up and watch him develop.

Ebolapox 04-30-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9645918)
I have to disagree with your conclusions, at least with the earlier QB's. While yes, there were fewer picks per round, that is due to the fact that there were fewer teams. I checked the 1956 draft (Starr) and 1964 draft (Staubach) which had 12 & 14 teams respectively. The 1956 draft averaged 30 picks per team, while the 1964 draft averaged 20 picks per team. The 2013 draft averaged 7.9 picks per team (32 teams).

In 1993 (Green), there were 28 teams with an average of 8 picks per team. In 1992 (Johnson), there were 28 teams with an average 12 picks per team. Much closer to the 2013 draft in terms of picks by team.

To me, that means any of the four players listed would have to be have been picked before 7.9 x n (# of teams) in their draft year in order to not be considered a UDFA in comparison to a 2013 UDFA. For simplicity, I'll just round up to 8.

Starr:
8 (picks per team) x 12 (total teams) = 96
Picked at 200, he is well in to comparable UDFA range

Staubach:
8 (picks per team) x 14 (total teams) = 112
Picked at 129, he is also comparable to a 2013 UDFA

Green:
Picked at 222, he just escapes being Mr. Irrelevant in 2013

Johnson:
Picked at 227, he just misses and becomes a UDFA

At least that's the way I see it. Let me know if I'm missing or overlooking something.

did you miss the fact that there were 254 picks in this this draft? you must have. both johnson and green would've been drafted easily. as per staubach, he's an outlier--he would've been picked much higher had he not had the whole navy thing. he's an outlier. now, bart starr? he would've been a late-round flier (as he essentially was for the packers). started for freaking alabama and flashed at times--he was a bit bradyesque, actually--not that impressive a college career, but flashed and didn't do that well before the draft.

Setsuna 04-30-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9645494)
Please link to said crap....

Pretty sure I had a bray signature too.

Enjoy Matt Scott.

Alright I couldn't find anything, BUT I knwo one thing. You pimped the hell out of Tyler Brokedick Wilson as long as you possibly could until the Senior Bowl, ONLY THEN did you have a Bray sig when you realized how much he sucked. And even then it wasn't just Bray, it had Geno in it and another QB. You still wouldn't hitch your guns to him even after the fact. So the fact you wanted Wilson over Bray is grounds enough that you get no damn say in the thread. You bandwagon'd Bray. Nice try prick.

Bowser 04-30-2013 12:18 PM

**** this thread

unlurking 04-30-2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9646095)
did you miss the fact that there were 254 picks in this this draft? you must have. both johnson and green would've been drafted easily. as per staubach, he's an outlier--he would've been picked much higher had he not had the whole navy thing. he's an outlier. now, bart starr? he would've been a late-round flier (as he essentially was for the packers). started for freaking alabama and flashed at times--he was a bit bradyesque, actually--not that impressive a college career, but flashed and didn't do that well before the draft.

Did you miss the fact that there were only 28 teams when Green and Johnson were drafted? 254 picks in this draft (~8 picks per team) equates to 222 picks in the years that Green and Johnson were drafted. Doing the same comparison with Starr and Staubach means UDFA.

nychief 04-30-2013 12:28 PM

Ted White > Tyler Bray

Chief Faithful 04-30-2013 12:46 PM

Really good to see the Chiefs bring in a guy with all the measurables, but my hope for Tyler Gray QBOTF starts the day he beats out Stanzi and Tanney and makes the final roster. Very intriguing prospect, very surprising he was not drafted and even more surprising he chose KC. I am so ready to see KC start attempting down field passes again.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-30-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9646096)
Alright I couldn't find anything, BUT I knwo one thing. You pimped the hell out of Tyler Brokedick Wilson as long as you possibly could until the Senior Bowl, ONLY THEN did you have a Bray sig when you realized how much he sucked. And even then it wasn't just Bray, it had Geno in it and another QB. You still wouldn't hitch your guns to him even after the fact. So the fact you wanted Wilson over Bray is grounds enough that you get no damn say in the thread. You bandwagon'd Bray. Nice try prick.

Bray is a Chief, not a Jaguar.

Enjoy Matt Scott.

The Franchise 04-30-2013 03:47 PM

Bray at least made me laugh in his Gruden Camp.

Gruden: The thing about Peyton Manning, was he could never beat who?

Bray: Florida.

Gruden: What about Tyler Bray? Who could Tyler Bray never beat?

Bray: The entire SEC.

ROFL

Abba-Dabba 04-30-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9645617)
Thanks for sharing. He also had terrible coaching. Dooley wasn't his coach, lane left after Tyler went there. He's only 21 and will be good under Reid.

Million dollar arm. 2 bit brain. He went from a 3rd round prospect to an UDFA because he is as dumb as a box of rocks.