ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Restaurant bans tipping. Guess what happened? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275346)

Garcia Bronco 08-16-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9887668)

Well played

|Zach| 08-16-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9890766)
I don't cook, ever. Next time I go to a nice restaurant, I should ask if I can decline a server. Ask them if I can pick up my shit from the window and fill up my drink on my own. Then just watch their bewildered look

You're such a contrarian. Unique yet brave and hilarious.

|Zach| 08-16-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9890312)
No, nobody was pretending that it was completely removed from the equation. Quite the opposite. The restaurant was actually vocal to customers about the included 18%, and referred to that as justification for why they didn't accept tips. They weren't trying to pull the wool over anybody's eyes at all. Employees weren't "Golden" simply by removing tips. They still have to provide proper service, or they'll get fired. Tips aren't the sole reason for a waiter to provide proper service. That's complete fallacy.

A dynamic that existed before.

Bugeater 08-16-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9891127)
Did they let you look at their breasts in lieu of your tip share?

After dealing with those dumb bitches for 6 hours, the only thing I wanted to see at the end of the night was my fist punching their faces.

|Zach| 08-16-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9892162)
After dealing with those dumb bitches for 6 hours, the only thing I wanted to see at the end of the night was my fist punching their faces.

Yea, that is not an optimal situation.

Fish 08-16-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9891598)
A dynamic that existed before.

Did the word "Still" confuse you a bit there?

|Zach| 08-16-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9892491)
Did the word "Still" confuse you a bit there?

It is just funny hearing proponents of the no tipping thing remind us all the ways it is the same. I mean...before they go out of business that is.

Imon Yourside 08-17-2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9890753)
I tell you what clown I would be more than happy to substantiate mine with a claim from a franchisee in this area. Can you do that. Didn't think so.

Sure, I have 2 friends that are area managers for Pizza hut and you're claiming they pay minimum wage or more? The only company I know that does that is Sarpinos and they don't pay their drivers a penny for gas/car reimbursement. You claim that Dominos is the only pizza place that pays their drivers less than minimum wage?

kcchiefsus 08-17-2013 04:30 AM

Quote:

I don't cook, ever. Next time I go to a nice restaurant, I should ask if I can decline a server. Ask them if I can pick up my shit from the window and fill up my drink on my own. Then just watch their bewildered look

I've got a better idea. It involves murder-suicide with you and your family. Sound fun?

BigMeatballDave 08-17-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

I don't cook, ever.

Why not?

Stupid? Lazy?

Mr. Flopnuts 08-17-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9889924)
You're a ****ing cheapskate.

I often tip well over 20% and I NEVER do so to brag about it or feel good about myself. I do it because I've been there and I know how much that great tip can mean for the person that gets it.

I've never missed a single dollar that has gone to tipping.

Dude, he works in the insurance industry being shit on by everyone he comes into contact with, and lucky if he makes 40k a year. Let him act all high and mighty. This is the only place he gets the chance.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-17-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

LMAO So you talk about their lack of skills, but you can't fry an egg? At least you can assess what they're worth...