ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 25 Release tonight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275622)

GordonGekko 08-30-2013 09:56 PM

Rented this.

The gameplay is ok, a bit quicker than previous years.

The graphics seem like they've dipped a bit, could just be me.

No create-a-team, and the franchise mode is jacked up. You cannot sim to the end of preseason, or end of season, have to sim through each game individually which takes years to do. Not a fan of this.

Mav 08-30-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9927833)
Rented this.

The gameplay is ok, a bit quicker than previous years.

The graphics seem like they've dipped a bit, could just be me.

No create-a-team, and the franchise mode is jacked up. You cannot sim to the end of preseason, or end of season, have to sim through each game individually which takes years to do. Not a fan of this.

Did you try doing it by the schedule? If you scroll to the right, I believe you can. I haven't because I like progressing my guys each week.

GordonGekko 08-30-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9927837)
Did you try doing it by the schedule? If you scroll to the right, I believe you can. I haven't because I like progressing my guys each week.

Yup. I looked it up on the internet to just to be sure. I can't believe they won't let you do this anymore. I understand there is so much RPG point stuff and development between games, but it take 20 solid minutes of simulating to get to the first draft. I like to draft a lot, always have.

Also, why no create-a-team? That is just bizarre.

AussieChiefsFan 08-30-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9927266)
How can a company get it SO WRONG SO CONSISTENTLY.

Exclusive license.

New World Order 08-31-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9923923)
Seriously, everything takes so damn long in this game

Nothing will touch ps2 madden. Madden 08 on the pc is similar to ps2 and it has online play with updated rosters. I need to get into this...

http://www.maddenpcnetwork.com/

Buck 08-31-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9923923)
Seriously, everything takes so damn long in this game

This has me wondering if the next gen is going to be optimized for SSDs if you wanna swap on in.

Rasputin 08-31-2013 09:49 AM

Would I be better off buying last years edition and save a few bucks?

Is it any better than last years to make it worth going out and get? I'd have to make roster and coach changes but for game play experience is it any better?

Mother****erJones 08-31-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9927878)
Yup. I looked it up on the internet to just to be sure. I can't believe they won't let you do this anymore. I understand there is so much RPG point stuff and development between games, but it take 20 solid minutes of simulating to get to the first draft. I like to draft a lot, always have.

Also, why no create-a-team? That is just bizarre.

Their create-a-team always sucked IMO. Symbols were all bullshit. They didn't put anything new in it.

Mother****erJones 08-31-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9928408)
Would I be better off buying last years edition and save a few bucks?

Is it any better than last years to make it worth going out and get? I'd have to make roster and coach changes but for game play experience is it any better?

IMO no. They took out import a draft class that was stupid.

Buck 08-31-2013 10:09 AM

Wow. I could not stop the Eagles at all. On their first drive I got a 3 and out, but on my first play I fumbled and they scored on the next play.

Luckily they couldn't stop me. I had no punts and when I scored a TD with 18 seconds left to make it 42-41 Philly, I went for 2 and converted to win 43-42.

Thig Lyfe 08-31-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9928455)
Wow. I could not stop the Eagles at all. On their first drive I got a 3 and out, but on my first play I fumbled and they scored on the next play.

Yeah, Eagles are way too good in this game.

Buck 08-31-2013 10:41 AM

I can't ever win the practice scenarios.

GordonGekko 08-31-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 9928443)
Their create-a-team always sucked IMO. Symbols were all bullshit. They didn't put anything new in it.

Yeah, it really did.

I just like that expansion team feel, where I know I will get high draft choices for a few years, and build a team up. Create-a-team gave me that expansion team feel. It was last seen in Madden 2012.

Mav 08-31-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9928455)

Luckily they couldn't stop me. I had no punts and when I scored a TD with 18 seconds left to make it 42-41 Philly, I went for 2 and converted to win 43-42.

adjust your sliders. Makes a world of difference Buck.

Seriously. I haven't had this much fun with madden since 05 when they introduced the hit stick.

Buck 08-31-2013 12:51 PM

This game is so life-like, Ryan Mathews broken collarbone week 3.