ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Would you rather be 8-0 with Alex Smith or 3-5 with Geno? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278032)

Marcellus 10-28-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10135652)
As for the question... I think a 3-5 record is harsh. I'd probably say 4 to 6 wins with Geno at this point. Him and Alex both have 10 TDs on the season. Geno has 12 more turnovers though. That's fairly significant. We actually lead the league at +12 in turnovers, Geno would wipe that out by himself. Obviously those numbers wouldn't be exactly the same if you switched teams, but Geno has still made some costly decisions that have nothing to do with the talent he's playing with. So it's probably not unfair to say at least 4-4.

However, this isn't in a vacuum. If you're going to treat it like one... Geno isn't the only QB we'll ever be able to draft. He wasn't even taken in the 1st round. If you were talking about someone like Andrew Luck, then it might be better long term to be 3-5 with him. But you could say that the Chiefs can go 8-0 now and still acquire a similar talent in the late 1st round of the upcoming draft. Unless you believe that none of the QB's in the next 2-3 drafts are anywhere near Geno Smith, and you think Geno is an Andrew Luck type talent.

Great take on it.

-King- 10-28-2013 06:48 PM

People saying Geno would be better here because of Reid are ignoring the fact that Reid didn't even want him in the first place. So maybe Reid knew that Geno wouldn't be good in the first place even with this coaching staff and team.
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie 10-28-2013 07:02 PM

Everyone who voted for 3-5 needs to be banned immediately. Just for being ****ass reeruned.

BigCatDaddy 10-28-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10134938)
<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y7zLsEZ2qhw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

7 sec left at the 45 No time outs. No your right Jet wins without it. Dumbass!

Because nobody can get 10 yards and out of bounds in 7 seconds LMAO dipshit

If the Chiefs had the ball at the 45 with 7 seconds to go and no TO's with a field goal to win you shut the TV off? No. Not one mother ****er on the board says it's over, you bitch.

HonestChieffan 10-28-2013 07:22 PM

Geno will always be second rate. Get over it

Eureka 10-28-2013 07:56 PM

Geno sitting on the bench learning the offense behind Alex VS RT Fisher should be the poll.

ChiefsCountry 10-28-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10135120)
After you take away all the D/ST score the Chiefs O average 19.6 points a game. Do the same with Geno and the Jets average 17 points a game.

Chiefs still give up 12.3. Still looks like we would be winning.

AlexSmithDynasty 10-28-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10136201)

Geno's numerous pick 6's and turnovers putting the defense in bad positions would greatly inflate that number.

BossChief 10-28-2013 09:01 PM

Poll fail.

We wouldn't be 3-5 with him. At worst we would be 5-3.

The level of talent on NY is t even close to the level of talent we have in KC.

This defense and special teams could absorb a few turnovers.

If the question is "would you rather be 5-3 with Geno or 8-0 with Alex Smith" I'd have to chose option a.

Geno might throw some picks (some are just stupid, some are reasonable rookie mistakes) but he also tests defenses by attacking all parts of the field, not just throws within 5 yards of the LOS. Avery was past his man and open for long tds twice yesterday and Fasano was wide open in the endzone.

Personally, I think this team would be rallying around the kid BIG TIME if we had drafted him and that our running game would be far more effective because teams would need to play us honest.

Jerm 10-28-2013 09:05 PM

:facepalm:

Ace Gunner 10-28-2013 09:10 PM

Triplefacepalm.gif

BossChief 10-28-2013 09:41 PM

I know. It's bad to have patience in a rookie QB.

It is what it is. I'm happy with the direction of the team, but I would loved to have seen Geno under Reids coaching staff and with the talent we have in KC.

Fritz88 10-28-2013 09:46 PM

This poll is worth trolling.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ace Gunner 10-28-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10135652)
As for the question... I think a 3-5 record is harsh. I'd probably say 4 to 6 wins with Geno at this point. Him and Alex both have 10 TDs on the season. Geno has 12 more turnovers though. That's fairly significant. We actually lead the league at +12 in turnovers, Geno would wipe that out by himself. Obviously those numbers wouldn't be exactly the same if you switched teams, but Geno has still made some costly decisions that have nothing to do with the talent he's playing with. So it's probably not unfair to say at least 4-4.

However, this isn't in a vacuum. If you're going to treat it like one... Geno isn't the only QB we'll ever be able to draft. He wasn't even taken in the 1st round. If you were talking about someone like Andrew Luck, then it might be better long term to be 3-5 with him. But you could say that the Chiefs can go 8-0 now and still acquire a similar talent in the late 1st round of the upcoming draft. Unless you believe that none of the QB's in the next 2-3 drafts are anywhere near Geno Smith, and you think Geno is an Andrew Luck type talent.

good post. the only thing I would add is that if Geno Smith was behind this OL he'd probably be crap.

-King- 10-28-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 10136201)

Once again, you have to add in the points that Geno directly contributes to by his pick 6s and other turnovers.