ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU No candy for fat kids this Halloween (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278108)

Rain Man 10-30-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10141188)
Yeah, I had an argument with a friend about this recently. He's 5-11 280 of pure fat and he was trying to tell me its all about exercise LMAO I had to explain to him that the 400 calories he burned in his evening run could be negated by one shitty choice in snack food. 1 hour of work destroyed in 3 minutes; it really is incredible.

When I did my big weight loss plan a few years ago, I did the math and 80% of my weight loss was diet, while 20% was exercise. And I was getting a lot of exercise.

kysirsoze 10-30-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 10140752)
I'm sure smokers made the same argument and yet, non smokers forced their will upon them.

As long as taxpayers have to foot the bill for fat people when they become too fat and sick to work, it IS her business.

Because this woman decides these kids are overweight, you are assuming they are heavy to the point of lifelong, crippling obesity. Not only has your point been refuted in this very thread about the cost to taxpayers of heavy people, it is still none of your ****ing business what is going on in the life of a child with weight problems. This presumptuous, awful woman is using Halloween as an excuse to be a bully. Again, as has been said, if she really gave a shit she'd give out healthy options.

Insulting a kid and his parents will do nothing to change their situation. Weight is often tied to self-esteem. Openly insulting these kids will not encourage a positive change. She will be dismissed as the terrible person she is and the kid will be embarrassed and hurt. I don't know why you have so much anger against overweight people and enjoy the idea of them being marginalized. Whatever the reason, it's pretty ****ed up.

notorious 10-30-2013 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10141188)
Yeah, I had an argument with a friend about this recently. He's 5-11 280 of pure fat and he was trying to tell me its all about exercise LMAO I had to explain to him that the 400 calories he burned in his evening run could be negated by one shitty choice in snack food. 1 hour of work destroyed in 3 minutes; it really is incredible.

I educated myself on food intake years ago. It's amazing how much I learned by simply writing down what I ate, calories, gr of fat, carbs, protein, etc.

When I dropped my weight I was at 2500 calories/200 protein/<15gr fat a day.

I never got hungry. I ate a shitload of food during the day, but it was good food.

My one weakness was diet soda. It got me through a few sweet-attacks.

FlaChief58 10-30-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 10141218)
Because this woman decides these kids are overweight, you are assuming they are heavy to the point of lifelong, crippling obesity. Not only has your point been refuted in this very thread about the cost to taxpayers of heavy people, it is still none of your ****ing business what is going on in the life of a child with weight problems. This presumptuous, awful woman is using Halloween as an excuse to be a bully. Again, as has been said, if she really gave a shit she'd give out healthy options.

Insulting a kid and his parents will do nothing to change their situation. Weight is often tied to self-esteem. Openly insulting these kids will not encourage a positive change. She will be dismissed as the terrible person she is and the kid will be embarrassed and hurt. I don't know why you have so much anger against overweight people and enjoy the idea of them being marginalized. Whatever the reason, it's pretty ****ed up.

You fat brah?

Skyy God 10-30-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10141192)
No, I wasn't. I was making the point that if you don't want to break the bank when you buy fruits and veggies (which is hardly the case, but I'm humoring the idea), then make sacrifices. A lot of people like to drink cheap beer, so I used that as an example.

Btw, I love medical euphemisms for fat..... well developed/nourished is my favorite.

Cephalic Trauma 10-30-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10141219)
I educated myself on food intake years ago. It's amazing how much I learned by simply writing down what I ate, calories, gr of fat, carbs, protein, etc.

I never got hungry. I ate a shitload of food during the day, but it was good food.

:thumb:

Kudos to you, man. That's a recommendation I see many physicians and dietitians suggest, but it doesn't always work (obviously).

Cephalic Trauma 10-30-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10141288)
Btw, I love medical euphemisms for fat..... well developed/nourished is my favorite.

ROFL

So true. Our charts are littered with them.

Most H&P's start with "Pt. X is a well-nourished male/female who presents today with..."

mikeyis4dcats. 10-30-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 10141208)
$20 at a farmers market also gets you twice as much as it would in the store. We usually come home with 5 grocery bags full of produce. $20 at walmart gets you maybe 2-3 bags

you do realize a large portion of the country doesn't have regular farmer's markets, and those that do are seasonal.

And here at least, the market isn't substantially cheaper than the grocery store. Some, but I'd never get 5 bags full of veggies for $20.

Fire Me Boy! 10-30-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10141304)
you do realize a large portion of the country doesn't have regular farmer's markets, and those that do are seasonal.

And here at least, the market isn't substantially cheaper than the grocery store. Some, but I'd never get 5 bags full of veggies for $20.

Agreed. Same here.

Beef Supreme 10-30-2013 01:14 PM

I just don't give any kids candy, fat or otherwise. **** 'em.

Skyy God 10-30-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10141296)
ROFL

So true. Our charts are littered with them.

Most H&P's start with "Pt. X is a well-nourished male/female who presents today with..."

If you're really lucky, they'll have a pannus. ;)

ThaVirus 10-30-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10141212)
When I did my big weight loss plan a few years ago, I did the math and 80% of my weight loss was diet, while 20% was exercise. And I was getting a lot of exercise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10141219)

That's pretty incredible, Rain Man, and I applaud you both.

I've never struggle with weight loss, but I'd be willing to bet parting with your favorite snacks, meals, portion sizes is actually more of an issue than getting motivated to go to the gym 3-5 times a week.

FlaChief58 10-30-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10141304)

I guess I'm spoiled then. Living in a warm climate does have it's perks and that's one of them.

I'm not made of money either and for many years I thought that quality food was simply too expensive until I started going to the FM. Processed foods are a thing of the past in our household with a few exceptions. Again, it takes a bit more effort but I would much rather cook with fresh ingredients when possible but, I totally understand that not everyone has the same options as I do.

ptlyon 10-30-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10141137)
Exercise is a very small part of weight loss. The cals burned in a 30 minute stroll can be replaced by an one oreo and these ****ers eat them by the bag full.

My point was on the base of luvs. As a kid, we would be outside playing from morning until the street lights came on, with only being home for dinner cuz we had to.

We had all these things the kids have today. McDonalds, pop (a lot better & sugary than you get nowadays), chips, dip, candy, all that.

I guess you can argue that us being out riding our bikes, playing football, baseball, kick the can, ditch em, sledding, etc means less time to defile a bag of oreos. But who hasn't demolished a tub of chips & French onion dip when they were a kid and got yelled at by mom I'm the process?

Kids nowadays sit & play video games & watch TV more than we ever did growing up. I guess that was my point.

Strongside 10-30-2013 01:31 PM

http://i.imgur.com/PhOIs.gif