ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Batman: Arkham Knight (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281935)

bowener 06-25-2015 11:07 PM

While driving gets really annoying at times, I found that going into the game options and setting "battle mode" to ON has helped a great deal. Now Reverse for the car is L2, which is a whole hell of a lot more natural feeling than square. Not sure why it isn't the default.

However, for me to change that setting I first had to leave the game, start an AR mission with the Batmobile, then go into game options and toggle it to on. Before I did that the option wouldn't even show up in the actual game options while playing the story. I hope that helps those that have no tried this option yet.

Gonzo 06-25-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 11567121)
While driving gets really annoying at times, I found that going into the game options and setting "battle mode" to ON has helped a great deal. Now Reverse for the car is L2, which is a whole hell of a lot more natural feeling than square. Not sure why it isn't the default.

However, for me to change that setting I first had to leave the game, start an AR mission with the Batmobile, then go into game options and toggle it to on. Before I did that the option wouldn't even show up in the actual game options while playing the story. I hope that helps those that have no tried this option yet.

Yep... "Toggle Mode" on the ps4 I believe.

007 06-25-2015 11:27 PM

Went ahead and took the ebay deal for $50 to get it for my son on his birthday. Hopefully I'm not throwing the controller when I drive.

mnchiefsguy 06-26-2015 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 11567131)
Went ahead and took the ebay deal for $50 to get it for my son on his birthday. Hopefully I'm not throwing the controller when I drive.

I suck at driving games, and I have done okay with the driving so far...it helps that the Batmobile is pretty much a tank...so if you do run over stuff, you tend to plow through and keep going.

So far the game looks fantastic. Did not play a lot tonight as I was setting up my PS4, but so far the story is good and the action is good.

millz 06-26-2015 01:47 AM

I've only played about 20 percent of the game but I haven't been this engaged or memorized in awhile by a game.

This is easily my favorite title for the PS4..I might even like it more than Bloodborne. It's just so beautiful and amazing..I'm speechless.

007 06-26-2015 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millz (Post 11567150)
I've only played about 20 percent of the game but I haven't been this engaged or memorized in awhile by a game.

This is easily my favorite title for the PS4..I might even like it more than Bloodborne. It's just so beautiful and amazing..I'm speechless.

memorized eh :)

Mother****erJones 06-26-2015 12:08 PM

Driving it definitely takes time to get used to. But I like it. I wish the brake was L2 and battle mode was square but it's ok. I really dig the game so far and it's subtle additions. I just wish they'd do more with the riddler and have him as a villain you go against and play with to mess around with Gotham with. I still like to fly around town. I like the addition of the momentum glide by triple tapping X.

Mother****erJones 06-26-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 11567121)

Oh I didn't see that. I'm switching asap lol.

ragedogg69 06-26-2015 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 11566688)
So.... better to get ripped off than not?

better to have the choice to buy the game than for them not to release it at all.

mdchiefsfan 06-26-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 11567684)
Oh I didn't see that. I'm switching asap lol.

Same here. I am sick of trying to brake only to switch to battle mode.

hometeam 06-26-2015 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11568157)
better to have the choice to buy the game than for them not to release it at all.

Wont go down like that anyways. AAA titles will always have ports, especially now that the 'next-gen' consoles have straight up PC hardware in them.

They just need to pay ****ing attention to what they release.

ragedogg69 06-27-2015 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 11566808)
SO I was able to play 17 minutes
the beginning and first fight scene okay
but when iI got in the batmobile, it was ****ing undrivable

My PC handles GTA V max no problem
but this POS
designed and ported from same ****ing consoles
BULLSHIT

I3
GTX 770
16 gig of ram
about .5 TB of hard drive space

same. :(

Mr. Laz 06-27-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 11568157)

If the game is going to be a steaming pile of shit then don't release it at all.

CoMoChief 06-28-2015 11:02 PM

This game is the tits. Plays great on PS4...heard PC gamers were having some problems...really surprised they even decided to release it for PC considering the problems they have w/ it.

I'm not a huge gamer like I used to be. Time/life gets in the way now I guess. Only usually own/play about 6 games

GTAV
MLB:The Show'15
Arkham Knight
PGA'15 (coming soon)
Madden'15 (coming soon)
Star Wars Battlefront (coming soon)

Swanman 06-29-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 11569933)
If the game is going to be a steaming pile of shit then don't release it at all.

I went ahead and refunded my purchase on Steam. I will spend time on Witcher 3 and wait for the inevitable price drops either on PC (if it ever comes back out) or console.