ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals ***Official Royals @ Indians game thread 4/24*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283198)

lewdog 04-24-2014 03:56 PM

The players aren't performing. It's on them. Ned Yost is playing our "best" players. What more do you want him to do? He can't swing the bat for these turds. If all of them continue to suck then it's on our GM as these players suck.

Players/GM, that's the blame.

And **** David Glass.

lewdog 04-24-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10583120)
Yost is obviously sabotaging them, somehow

Yea, he should bench every one of them and play.....errrr....you know.........the other guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C3HIEF3S 04-24-2014 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10583357)
Yea, he should bench every one of them and play.....errrr....you know.........the other guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Play anybody!!!
Anybody could do better!!!!!

chiefsfan987 04-24-2014 04:12 PM

5-10 vs. the AL Central so far. I really don't like the way we matchup with these teams. Cleveland, Chicago, and Minnesota aren't going to have a lot of trouble outscoring us most nights and Detroit has better pitching.

Prison Bitch 04-24-2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987 (Post 10583400)
5-10 vs. the AL Central so far. I really don't like the way we matchup with these teams. Cleveland, Chicago, and Minnesota aren't going to have a lot of trouble outscoring us most nights and Detroit has better pitching.

If we're having trouble matching up against shitty teams in this division, which is probably the worst in MLB, then we must really suck ass. I said 79 wins before the year because we weren't going 15-4 vs Minnesota again. I may have overshot.

Strongside 04-24-2014 04:58 PM

Chen to the pen, please.

Unsmooth-Moment 04-24-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 10583322)
Aoki hasn't impressed me much.

I agree. It feels like he either gets a multi hit game or he goes opher with some strike outs.

Halfcan 04-24-2014 05:13 PM

Last place-feels familar...

alnorth 04-24-2014 05:21 PM

I'm slowly progressing from optimistic to snarky about this damned powerless lineup. Its still April, but after June the next step is surrender and selling at the deadline. Yesterday was a nice little flurry, but they still haven't shown the consistent power needed to not waste our pitching.

alnorth 04-24-2014 05:26 PM

Oh, and we're mediocre in what is by far the easiest month on our schedule. If we're really a playoff team, then we were supposed to kill it out there and build a nice lead to defend. Next month doesn't look particularly tough, but it'll be harder than April.

Three7s 04-24-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10583528)
I'm slowly progressing from optimistic to snarky about this damned powerless lineup. Its still April, but after June the next step is surrender and selling at the deadline. Yesterday was a nice little flurry, but they still haven't shown the consistent power needed to not waste our pitching.

The only guy in the lineup with the ability to hit the ball out of the ballpark is Moose. That's really it.

lewdog 04-24-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 10583541)
The only guy in the lineup with the ability to hit the ball out of the ballpark is Moose. That's really it.

And he's the worst at making consistent contact.

**** Our Lives.

:facepalm:

alnorth 04-24-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 10583541)

If we consistently stroked line drives for doubles I'd probably accept that, with our pitching we could probably make it work, but we're not doing that much either.

CoMoChief 04-24-2014 05:53 PM

Our "studs" that we've been waiting for to produce from their minor league glory days haven't been able to transition that to the big leagues on a consistent basis. The guys were hyped up....but they're not who we all thought they were unfortunately.

We have a bunch of contact hitters. There's ZERO power in this lineup. There's not a pitching staff out there that's afraid to pitch to us. Maybe afraid isn't the correct word...but there's no one on this offense that pitchers have to worry about. I mean it's been over a decade since we've had someone crack the 30HR mark. There's no positive spin you can possibly put on that, it's just sad...esp in the day where 30HR's really isn't anything special anymore.

Prison Bitch 04-24-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 10583528)
Its still April, but after June the next step is surrender and selling at the deadline.

We don't have anything of value to sell at the deadline, outside of Shields. And DM is loathe to do that because that trade defines his stint. We could get something for Gordon I suppose but he's pretty punchless at the plate too. He's basically a Rusty Greer at this point and those guys don't bring much - look at what little Hunter Pence brought back.