ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL Team Official: Michael Sam Is ‘Not A Really Good Athlete’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283541)

Sandy Vagina 05-10-2014 05:48 PM

I don't care if he's gay or if anyone is, but I sure don't want to have to see that shit on TV like we did... I was eating at the time too. :shake:

Easy 6 05-10-2014 05:48 PM

Why are people all up each others asses over this?

SAUTO 05-10-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10621210)
Him being drafted and playing is important for the cultural significance of the milestone, regardless of what Michael Sam thinks.

Some things are bigger than an individual, but an individual becomes an avatar for the event. This is one of those times.

People worrying about Sam kissing his significant other or smushing cake in his face is precisely why it matters. Viewing it as noteworthy is why it needs to be seen and why it is important to discuss.

Does the rams drafting him at a stacked position and with their ties to the university cheapen it some?
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze 05-10-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10621181)
Why is it important? Michael Sam doesn't think so, and doesn't want you to think so. Michael Sam football player got drafted in the 7th round. That's the story.

Dude, while it's not exactly Jackie Robinson, he is a part of an oft discriminated against group of people who has broken down a barrier. We've been hearing plenty of reports from anonymous GMs saying they wouldn't want an openly gay player. That's discrimination on an organizational level. Not to mention the macho, tough guy stereotypes that create their own difficulties. I agree that Sam's story has been co-opted by a controversy hungry media, but to claim this isn't significant news is absurd.

SAUTO 05-10-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10621214)

HE'S GAY! where you been?
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 05-10-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10621205)
are you suggesting that Sam has control of everything else?

He doesn't have to allow people to use his likeness for pro-GLBT fundraisers nor does he have to consent to appear on camera kissing his BF.

RNR 05-10-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10621214)

Strange description unless the pun was intended~

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-10-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 10621219)
Dude, while it's not exactly Jackie Robinson, he is a part of an oft discriminated against group of people who has broken down a barrier. We've been hearing plenty of reports from anonymous GMs saying they wouldn't want an openly gay player. That's discrimination on an organizational level. Not to mention the macho, tough guy stereotypes that create their own difficulties. I agree that Sam's story has been co-opted by a controversy hungry media, but to claim this isn't significant news is absurd.

You do realize that gay Defensive players tackle like girls , right!

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10621212)
I don't care if he's gay or if anyone is, but I sure don't want to have to see that shit on TV like we did... I was eating at the time too. :shake:

"I don't care if he's gay just as long as he acts in a way that I want him to act."

KcMizzou 05-10-2014 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10621212)

LMAO Clearly, you do care.

Baby Lee 05-10-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10621210)
Him being drafted and playing is important for the cultural significance of the milestone, regardless of what Michael Sam thinks.

Some things are bigger than an individual, but an individual becomes an avatar for the event. This is one of those times.

People worrying about Sam kissing his significant other or smushing cake in his face is precisely why it matters. Viewing it as noteworthy is why it needs to be seen and why it is important to discuss.

So you admit, regardless of his wishes he is relegated to mascot status.

Because what, some things are more important than individual autonomous dignity.

jspchief 05-10-2014 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10621158)
You guys celebrating this big story about 'a gay' being drafted and kissing his significant other as the most important thing to happen do realize that you're disappointing Michael Sam as much as anyone, don't you?

I don't really see many people "celebrating" in here.

But yes I'm sure Sam and many other gays wish it wasn't a story. I'm sure they would prefer that it didn't matter. But society isn't there yet.

'Hamas' Jenkins 05-10-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10621217)
Does the rams drafting him at a stacked position and with their ties to the university cheapen it some?
Posted via Mobile Device

If that's the only reason why they did it. Do you think that's why it happened?

Baby Lee 05-10-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 10621219)

So a controversy hungry media is more important than Michael Sam?

Easy 6 05-10-2014 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10621222)
HE'S GAY! where you been?
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by RNR (Post 10621224)
Strange description unless the pun was intended~

Intended.

But I wish the guy well, hope he does great, people in here being all angry with each other about it is the silliest thing I've seen all day.