ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU *** Official 2015-16 Mizzou Basketball Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293390)

gblowfish 11-23-2015 09:54 PM

I was at the Sprint Center tonight. All I can say is, Kimmy gotta go. That was beyond embarrassing. This is not a Division 1 basketball program. They will not win a game in the SEC. They can't shoot, can't pass, can't block out and rebound, can't shoot the three, can't handle the ball, all they can do is foul. At the two minute mark in the first half, Mizzou had 14 points and 10 fouls. The only game I can remember seeing Mizzou be this bad was under Snyder at Municipal, Creighton came in and kicked their ass about this bad. Quin was gone quickly after that. This was simply not acceptable. Blow up the basketball program, start over. Do it now.

BryanBusby 11-23-2015 09:58 PM

Kermit is absolutely gone by the end of the season. The stench of before will be gone by summer.

When he's fired, they need to send a dildo to every major booster and tell them to use it to **** themselves the next time they have an opinion.

duncan_idaho 11-24-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 11903207)
I was at the Sprint Center tonight. All I can say is, Kimmy gotta go. That was beyond embarrassing. This is not a Division 1 basketball program. They will not win a game in the SEC. They can't shoot, can't pass, can't block out and rebound, can't shoot the three, can't handle the ball, all they can do is foul. At the two minute mark in the first half, Mizzou had 14 points and 10 fouls. The only game I can remember seeing Mizzou be this bad was under Snyder at Municipal, Creighton came in and kicked their ass about this bad. Quin was gone quickly after that. This was simply not acceptable. Blow up the basketball program, start over. Do it now.

They ended the first half with 14 points and 15 fouls, I believe. Not a winning combo.

Time to flush this dumpster fire of a doomed experiment and start over. If the season is as bad as last year's, they will.

How bad is it? So bad the prospect of Lorenzo ****ing Romar seems like a home run hire.

Mizzou_8541 11-24-2015 09:37 AM

Last night's game was abysmal. Not sure I've been more apathetic about men's basketball than I am now, to include the Rickey Clemons era. Gant and Allen don't seem to give a shit. Maybe they do, but they looked like they'd rather be anywhere else than on the floor last night. I saw somewhere that we only have 25 games left of Rosburg so that's cool. Hopefully 25 games left of Anderson as well.

Spott 11-24-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 11903207)

What's worse about that is the SEC is awful in basketball. There are 13 crappy teams and 1 really good team. So they are literally the worst team in the worst conference. Quin Snyder/Frank Haith/Mike Anderson would have probably won 25 games against this creampuff schedule, but Kermit won't even break 10.

Mizzou_8541 11-24-2015 08:25 PM

How damaging would it be long term to fire a second year coach mid season? Not that Mizzou basketball can sink much lower, but still I'm curious.

Pepe Silvia 11-24-2015 10:19 PM

Mizzou is pretty much screwed forever in both major sports.

Pepe Silvia 11-24-2015 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 11905220)
How damaging would it be long term to fire a second year coach mid season? Not that Mizzou basketball can sink much lower, but still I'm curious.

Well lets put it this way, no coach wants to come here already because of the coaching carousel we've had in hoops, fire another one this quick and we have zero shot to land anyone. They're ****ed.

BWillie 11-25-2015 12:14 AM

Kim Anderson

Does he last until next year or does he get the can after this season?

I sure hope his student athletes are sitting up straight and enunciating their words correctly in the press conferences. This is important business.

BryanBusby 11-25-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 11905415)
Well lets put it this way, no coach wants to come here already because of the coaching carousel we've had in hoops, fire another one this quick and we have zero shot to land anyone. They're ****ed.

Nonsense. This mess is from another AD, and they can quickly wash their hands of kermit aids whenever with no blowback.

TLO 11-25-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 11893896)
Nothing to do with Mizzou but who cares really. Check out the "black top" court that Oakland has. Looks awesome.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CUIhsA9WsAA1YHP.png:large

Black courts matter.

Mizzou_8541 11-25-2015 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 11905415)

I have no doubt we are ****ed. It's just a matter of how many years it's going to take until we recover. Look at kU football. How many years has it been since Turner Gill destroyed them? We could be loping at 10-15 winds season for a few years.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-25-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 11905698)
I have no doubt we are ****ed. It's just a matter of how many years it's going to take until we recover. Look at kU football. How many years has it been since Turner Gill destroyed them? We could be loping at 10-15 winds season for a few years.

You can rebuild the depth of a basketball program in two years. It's not the same.

Prison Bitch 11-25-2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11905920)
You can rebuild the depth of a basketball program in two years. It's not the same.

I think that's wishful thinking, in terms of being a ranked team. Outside of Calipari, nobody would prove your theory.

Mizzou_8541 11-25-2015 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11905920)

Yeah, true. That was probably a bad comparison. I guess the quicker Anderson is in the rearview, the quicker I can hope to watch a decent team.

"Decent team." That's what I'm hoping for now. Anderson (and Haith, and Alden) have crushed my expectations.