ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith expresses his desire to return to Chiefs in 2018 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312982)

Halea41 01-07-2018 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 13340753)
ROFL

You don’t think we had elite defense the last five or six years?

Halea41 01-07-2018 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigeRRUppeRRcut (Post 13340183)
Alex had the most total yards per game of any QB in the league.
The best TD-INT ratio
The highest rating in 20+ yard passes
The most 40+ yard touchdowns

“Best td-int ratio”

Mostly from week 1 - 5

“Highest rating in 20 + yard passes”

Also one of the lowest air yards

“The most 40+ yard touchdowns”

All to a WIDE open tyreek Hill. Where was that the previous 4 or 5 years?

kcpasco 01-07-2018 01:22 AM

He lost to a mediocre Titans team at home. He can go get ****ed.

Chiefshrink 01-07-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13340635)
As much as I love Terez for being accessible to the common Joe Schmo fan, you're a fool of you think he's not parroting out the narrative 1 Arrowhead Drive wants him to parrot out.

You can honestly say that the Titans the year before when they beat us during the season were the originators giving the blueprint to the Steelers in their playoff appearance against us only for the Steelers to use it again on us this year during the season only for the Titans to comeback and use it again this year in the playoffs. Full circle and what is the common denominator between the Titans and Steelers ? Dick LeBeau !!

Tomlin 2016: "Hey Dick ! Dude you are still the guru of creating the best customized schemes for those high powered big play offenses. Thx again for the playoff win in KC man !!

LeBeau 2016: "Hey Mike, glad you still know that I am King of DCs!! Just always remember that when playing AS and the Chefs, they are weak in the trenches thus you can stop their run while pass rushing at will putting the game on Alex which he then turns into "Chicken Little". Dude refuses to throw downfield into tight windows attempting to throw receivers open when you play zone. Advantage both you and I !!! Now that Mahomes kid is whole nuther different bird but thank God Andy is his coach calling the plays which will neuter Patrick significantly so I think we are still okay with "Sideways Andy".

Tomlin 2017 season game: "Hey Dick, I am going with your same plan regardless of KH and the further development of TH at WR.

Lebeau 2017: Mike you have learned well from me never to deviate from what was effective prior unless their has been significant changes. And with Andy in charge and Alex still the QB, Rinse and repeat!!

Tomlin today: Hey Dick, congrats today !! When will Andy stop repeating the definition of insanity on the football and expecting something different when in reality nothing ever changes. LOL !!

Lebeau today: "Grasshoppa, you just keep enjoying the wins" !!!!:thumb:

Chiefshrink 01-07-2018 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halea41 (Post 13340756)
You don’t think we had elite defense the last five or six years?

Elite ? You are insane IF you do !!

Coach 01-07-2018 01:30 AM

Who gives a shit if you're a Alexsexual or not. This bullshit about arguing over Alex Smith is done. He’s done in KC, and his tenure wasn’t a success in terms of playoffs 5 playoff games here in Kansas City, and only one playoff win. Against Brian ****ing Hoyer.

Chiefshrink 01-07-2018 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13340783)
He lost to a mediocre Titans team at home. He can go get ****ed.

This is where many CPers along with Rodney Harrison are waaaaay off. I can't tell you why specifically they really struggled this year almost falling off the rails missing the playoffs BUT this team is talented and especially in the trenches.

Everyone and their grandma were expecting bigger things this year from the Titans and actually winning the AFC south. What happened ? Who knows specifically only Jesus does IMHO. BUT just because they were off the rails a lot this season still does not diminish the fact they are very talented team who found their mojo again in the 2nd half against us without Murray as well.

kcpasco 01-07-2018 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13340803)
This is where many CPers along with Rodney Harrison are waaaaay off. I can't tell you why specifically they really struggled this year almost falling off the rails missing the playoffs BUT this team is talented and especially in the trenches.

Everyone and their grandma were expecting bigger things this year from the Titans and actually winning the AFC south. What happened ? Who knows specifically only Jesus does IMHO. BUT just because they were off the rails a lot this season still does not diminish the fact they are very talented team who found their mojo again in the 2nd half against us without Murray as well.

18 point lead

Chiefshrink 01-07-2018 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 13340802)
Who gives a shit if you're a Alexsexual or not. This bullshit about arguing over Alex Smith is done. He’s done in KC, and his tenure wasn’t a success in terms of playoffs 5 playoff games here in Kansas City, and only one playoff win. Against Brian ****ing Hoyer.

Exactly.

We cannot afford to keep him when we have a sieve for a defense and need draft picks immensely. I don't think Alex's stock was hurt too bad because I think the narrative will be on Andy's play calling and not Alex's play. So let's get a King's ransom in picks I say !!!:clap:

jd1020 01-07-2018 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13340791)

The Chiefs defense has ranked 5, 2, 3, 7 in the previous 4 years. This year is the only year they werent top 10, coming in ranked 15th with arguably their best and most impactful player being sidelined for 15 games. What would it take to consider the defense Alex has had in the 5 years hes been in KC elite?

kcpasco 01-07-2018 01:38 AM

The not so great defense only gave up 22. Alex and Andy still ****ed up and lost.

Halea41 01-07-2018 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 13340791)

7th ranked defense at 19 point a game in 2016, including best special teams.
3rd ranked defense at 17.9 points a game in 2015
2nd ranked defense at 17.6 points a game in 2014

Right, I’m insane. Straight psycho.

Halea41 01-07-2018 01:41 AM

Alex smith vultures off the defense for four years. Then his fan boys blames the defense the one year they’re average or just peripherally good.

Chiefshrink 01-07-2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 13340805)
18 point lead

You don't come back from an 18pt deficit in a playoff game unless you are talented regardless of the Andy/Alex deficit. I didn't feel comfortable at halftime after what I saw last year against the Titans and their bitch slapping us in the trenches with their superior running game that they abandon for some weird reason. Had they not abandon it last year they would have beaten us handedly not needing a last second FG to win. Well this year they learned to stay with their talented strength. Andy and Alex panicked especially Andy when he knew TK was out for the rest of the game and then went sideways when he didn't have to IMHO.

gold_and_red 01-07-2018 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halea41 (Post 13340811)
7th ranked defense at 19 point a game in 2016, including best special teams.
3rd ranked defense at 17.9 points a game in 2015
2nd ranked defense at 17.6 points a game in 2014

Right, I’m insane. Straight psycho.

So why is the majority here calling for Sutton to be replaced? Surely he can get us back on track in 2018.