ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** The Official The Chiefs vs. The Rams Game Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318948)

htismaqe 11-19-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13900896)
Yeah, the weird thing about this game is not that it has immediate and powerful playoff implications for us. It's no more or less important than other games. However, this game is more important as a psychological win. If (when) we win, it swings the Super Bowl gate wide open, and will usher in a level of confidence that we're the favorite. If something flukey happens, or if the refs call forward progress a few times, then we'll fall back into a pack of contenders hoping that the breaks fall our way.

They own the tiebreaker against Pitt and New England has 3 losses.

If they lose this game, virtually nothing changes. It doesn't factor into the playoff picture at all unless the Chiefs lose another game afterwards.

Hammock Parties 11-19-2018 02:31 PM

No GIFs tonight friends. I'm going to enjoy the game with other friends.

Sorry.

CupidStunt 11-19-2018 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 13900890)
If we lose this game, we IMMEDIATELY fall back in to the "good but not great/can't beat contenders"-narrative. Had we not already lost to the Pats, we could probably avoid it, but it's too late for that now.

I get why you say this, but only the most superficial analysis could lead anyone to this conclusion. I realize that's 99% of the media.

Where the games are played is a big deal. Rams get us at home. They got the Vikings and Packers at home - not even elite teams, but still. They've played 1 tough road game and got punked. The Saints got the Rams at home. They haven't played anyone else of note - the Vikes, Eagles, and certainly not on the road.

Chiefs have played @ 7-3 LAC, @ 7-2-1 PIT, @ 7-3 NE and @ 9-1 LAR. It's a great test for our team, but I'd love to see any of those teams try to take us at Arrowhead. I guess we'll see the Chargers soon - and we'll whip that ass. And then it's all about the playoffs. Suddenly I bet anyone doubting us for losing regular season road games at the best teams in the league (IF it even happens) won't pick against us at home.

ptlyon 11-19-2018 02:33 PM

That's a ****ing lie! You don't have friends!

Simply Red 11-19-2018 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13900910)
No GIFs tonight friends. I'm going to enjoy the game with other friends.

Sorry.

AT LEAST get out there and do some twitter tard'in to find out Sammy's status, sheesh!

htismaqe 11-19-2018 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 13900916)
I get why you say this, but only the most superficial analysis could lead anyone to this conclusion. I realize that's 99% of the media.

Where the games are played is a big deal. Rams get us at home. They got the Vikings and Packers at home - not even elite teams, but still. They've played 1 tough road game and got punked. The Saints got the Rams at home. They haven't played anyone else of note - the Vikes, Eagles, and certainly not on the road.

Chiefs have played @ 7-3 LAC, @ 7-2-1 PIT, @ 7-3 NE and @ 9-1 LAR. It's a great test for our team, but I'd love to see any of those teams try to take us at Arrowhead. I guess we'll see the Chargers soon - and we'll whip that ass. And then it's all about the playoffs. Suddenly I bet anyone doubting us for losing regular season road games at the best teams in the league (IF it even happens) won't pick against us at home.

:clap::clap::clap:

KC_Lee 11-19-2018 02:44 PM

Getting the feeling that this game is not going to be Goff vs. Mahomes but Gurley vs. Hunt. LA and KC are 22nd and 21st against the run.

RunKC 11-19-2018 02:46 PM

From Peter King’s MMQB article:

Quote:

On Saturday, talking to Sean Payton during my time with the Saints, I mentioned to him that I’d been in Kansas City last Sunday, and I didn’t think there was a player like Hill in football. Payton smiled and nodded, and looked around to find Drew Brees.

“Hey Drew, tell Peter who’s the most dangerous player in football right now,” Payton said.

“Tyreek Hill,” Brees said.
Damn

Pointer19 11-19-2018 02:46 PM

In for the game of the season. Win over the last Missouri straggler fans.

pugsnotdrugs19 11-19-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 13900936)
From Peter King’s MMQB article:

Damn

I’m not sure it’s even a question really.

Chris Simms brought up something really interesting when he said that if he were still a QB in the NFL and could have one WR of his choice to play with, he said he would pick Hill. I think I would too. He just does so much for an offense.

RINGLEADER 11-19-2018 03:05 PM

Getting ready to head out in an hour.

If Chiefs do their thing properly, no can defend.

Whichever defense can get a couple of stops or make a couple of plays will win. Not expecting much will slow down either offense but I do think our defense will make the plays it needs to give the ball to Mahomes so he can destroy the Rams.

Chiefs by double-digits.

The Franchise 11-19-2018 03:07 PM

Michael Thomas isn’t too bad either.

Mahomes and Hill vs Brees and Thomas. That’s a ****ing epic SB matchup.

KChiefs1 11-19-2018 03:07 PM

A little bit of trivia for the game tonight.

The last Monday Night Football game played in the LA Coliseum was October 28, 1985. The Royals won the World Series vs the Cardinals in game 7 on October 27, 1985.

I found that interesting.

Stewie 11-19-2018 03:10 PM

The nut starts the thread... Chiefs win!

CupidStunt 11-19-2018 03:18 PM

I have NEVER, in my existence as a Chiefs fan, had legitimate confidence in a game like tonight - going into the opposing stadium of an elite, unquestioned top 3 NFL team. Not once. Closest would've been in 2003 but the D was an issue; the rules being what they are today make that a different story. Now it's all about your QB.

http://etsn.fm/files/2012/08/Whiteho...jpg?w=980&q=75