ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Rumor: Chiefs are signing Hollywood Brown (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352725)

ChiTown 03-13-2024 09:37 AM

IF it's at $15MM AAV, this seems like a no-brainer to me. :shrug:

TwistedChief 03-13-2024 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17440646)
Kind of getting nervous the more time that passes without confirmation, but just for the record, things this guy has nailed this free agency period:

- Burns trade

- Mooney to Falcons (down to the money)

- Ridley back to the Jags (not official, but all signs point to this)

I know I'll catch a lot of shit if this turns out to be wrong, but again, I acknowledge this is nothing more than a rumor until we get confirmation. You can't fault anybody for taking this guy's word when he's been right about everything else.

Counterpoint: he joined Twitter 3 days ago and he’s retweeting random people who are saying he’s such an unbelievable Twitter follow.

It’s probably going to be wrong but it’s at least sparked some good debate and you always said it was a rumor. I hope he’s right though.

staylor26 03-13-2024 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17440650)
Whatever man. Rumors and shit are all part of the fun either way.

No doubt, but it's annoying when a mod comes in trying to immediately discredit the source when there's no reason to.

How hard is it to acknowledge the guy is batting 1.000 so far?

ChiTown 03-13-2024 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17440646)
Kind of getting nervous the more time that passes without confirmation, but just for the record, things this guy has nailed this free agency period:

- Burns trade

- Mooney to Falcons (down to the money)

- Ridley back to the Jags (not official, but all signs point to this)

I know I'll catch a lot of shit if this turns out to be wrong, but again, I acknowledge this is nothing more than a rumor until we get confirmation. You can't fault anybody for taking this guy seriously when he's been right about everything else.

It's a message board, so who gives a shit. That's why we're all here, Brother!:)

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-13-2024 09:39 AM

Kelce, Rice, Brown and Ladd McConkey in the draft would be okey dokey

duncan_idaho 03-13-2024 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17440631)
It's the possibility of getting 500 yards on 50 intermediate/deep targets that makes him so intriguing to me.

That's all it would take to maintain that spacing in the passing game. 3 targets/gm at/beyond 10 yards. That'll get you those 50 targets. That'll get you those 500 yards.

Feed him another 2-3/gm underneath or at the LOS and that'll probably get you another 250 yards or so.

Is 5-6 targets/gm for 750-800 yards in a fashion that makes space for your other targets some earth shattering event? No, but it's awfully damn similar to what we got from MVS in 2022 and that was a pretty big part of having a damn good offense that year.

The rest that's missing (another developmental WR, a pass-catching RB) can be found in the draft.

A brick doesn't have to be a wall, gentlemen. And nobody's saying Hollywood Brown is a wall. He's just a brick.

Yup.

"Fixing" the WR position with Patrick Mahomes on this contract is going to look like this. You're rarely going to be able to load up with no-doubt stud targets with no question marks. You're going to be signing guys who fit a role and help make the whole offense operate better, and taking shots on guys with some sort of concern that keeps them from being a top-of-market player.

Now, when Kelce DOES retire (or if he significantly steps back before he does), you'll need to go land a no-doubt stud if you don't already have one. That's the time to make the big, aggressive moves. But, if you keep taking calculated shots in the mean time, the odds you're OK when he departs are much better.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-13-2024 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17440654)
No doubt, but it's annoying when a mod comes in trying to immediately discredit the source when there's no reason to.

****, its the offseason and you caveated that this may not be true but there's smoke... That's what message boards are for...

RealSNR 03-13-2024 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17440612)
Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry

Tillery?

No thanks

Mecca 03-13-2024 09:42 AM

I'd think people would be happy about this, he's a really good fit for the offense.

siberian khatru 03-13-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17440631)

A brick doesn't have to be a wall, gentlemen. And nobody's saying Hollywood Brown is a wall. He's just a brick.

:clap::clap::clap:

OnTheWarpath15 03-13-2024 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17440647)
i dunno. Can't claim to. Trying to encourage discussion in the hopes that someone else can figure that out.

Maybe it's a smaller catch radius that leads to more balls being labeled as off-target? Not impossible at all.

Good point, and I'm leaning this way. 5-9 isn't going to have the radius and he's not winning contested balls.

Quote:

Regarding DPJ - Liked him a couple years ago. No idea why he busted out so badly in Detroit. So has Jameson Williams, which is odd as I think Goff throws a really nice deep ball. Seems like both guys should be in a situation to succeed and haven't been.

My worry with Peoples-Jones is just that I think he's longer levered and stiffer. He's not a quick in/out of cuts guy as much as someone like Brown. So he may not fit as well in the offense IF you envision the possibility of Rice going more into a supercharged Watkins role and DPJ as a true Z.

Doesn't seem like they gave him much of a chance, but your point on Jameson is a great one. And yeah, DPJ isn't a 5-9 lightning bug in and out of his cuts. But you see he has no problems getting open or making the contested catch when he doesn't.

Quote:

I think that's what the Chiefs may be thinking here. Not that they want Brown to come in and be MVS. But that they want to maybe 'flatten' the distributions a bit. Think about the 2010 Eagles as an example.

Reid has talked about load managing Kelce next season a bit. So what if the idea isn't to get 140 targets to Kelce, 125 targets to Rice and 75 Targets to 'Replacement MVS'.

But rather to get 110 targets to Rice (Maclin) 95 targets to Brown (Jackson) and 80-90 targets to Kelce (Celek) with Kelce maybe absorbing some of those McCoy targets as well to kick that up nearer 100 targets.

People can be a replacement MVS - probably. But I think this would be a sign that that isn't what Andy WANTS to be doing. He wants to get closer to the sort of balance that the 2010 Eagles had. And may have to do so given Kelce's age and Reid's stated desire to leave a little in his tank for the 4th quarters/postseason.

I guess I don't see why that can only happen with Hollywood and not with DPJ. (or a draftee, FA, whatever)

All in all, good post and I appreciate the conversation.

BigCatDaddy 03-13-2024 09:50 AM

STaylor deceived, CP believed.

DaFace 03-13-2024 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17440654)

Dude, change your ****ing tampon. All I said was this before you went nuts defending this guy's honor like you're trying to get him to give you a hand job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17440439)
Seems more like wishful thinking than rumor.

TLO 03-13-2024 09:52 AM

DEAL IS DONE THE?

cmh6476 03-13-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17440331)
Not a huge fan of Brown's. Will keep my mouth shut and give him a chance though, especially if he runs on the cheaper side

the only hope we have is that our QB is a little better than Lamar or Kyler.