ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Justified (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=224875)

Mav 04-15-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 11438355)
I missed the show for years and then watched all five seasons in a couple of weeks prior to this one. Very good stuff.

It's going to be missed

Bowser 04-15-2015 06:55 PM

Time Warner ****ed me again. My DVR recording of the finale is for shit and unwatchable. Any tips on where on the webs I can watch the finale since on demand won't air it until Sunday for some dipshittery reason?

Tribal Warfare 04-15-2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11439129)
Time Warner ****ed me again. My DVR recording of the finale is for shit and unwatchable. Any tips on where on the webs I can watch the finale since on demand won't air it until Sunday for some dipshittery reason?

Pennywise 04-16-2015 09:01 AM

Quick question and maybe I missed something but how was Boyd planning on finding the money if he would have had bullets and shot Ava with the Uncle already dead?

Baby Lee 04-16-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise (Post 11440023)
Quick question and maybe I missed something but how was Boyd planning on finding the money if he would have had bullets and shot Ava with the Uncle already dead?

First off, Goggins said Boyd knew there were no bullets when he pulled on Ava. He was hurt by her reason for shooting him, but loved her too much to kill her.

Second, he was most likely going to take the time to scour the mountain over time.

Beef Supreme 04-16-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pennywise (Post 11440023)

How was Boyd out of bullets, but the slide wasn't open?

DC.chief 04-16-2015 09:48 AM

Everyone says they loved the finale but I guess I'm alone on this one. I didn't much care for it. Still loved the show though. It was better than the ending of The Shield at least

Mav 04-16-2015 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11440133)
Everyone says they loved the finale but I guess I'm alone on this one. I didn't much care for it. Still loved the show though. It was better than the ending of The Shield at least

The three lived. I think that's what made this one special.

Chiefnj2 04-16-2015 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 11440133)

Are you kidding? The Shield was phenomenal.

KevB 04-18-2015 12:36 PM

Great last season, really good last episode. The last standoff between Raylan and Boyd didn't quite provide the sharp back and forth I'd hoped, but can't really complain. So sad this show is over. I'd be hard pressed deciding whether Justified or GOT is my favorite show of the last several years.

kcchiefsus 04-18-2015 03:17 PM

Justified and SOA both ending back to back is a real kick in the gut. Or perhaps that's the pain from my hernia surgery, I'm not sure.

Molitoth 04-19-2015 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcchiefsus (Post 11443930)
Justified and SOA both ending back to back is a real kick in the gut. Or perhaps that's the pain from my hernia surgery, I'm not sure.

I've moved on to three other good shows,

The Blacklist
Better Call Saul
Orange is the new Black

and I have True Detective and House of Cards waiting on the sideline which I've heard is fantastic.

keg in kc 04-20-2015 03:30 PM

Try as I might, I can't think of a way they could've ended that better.

Tribal Warfare 04-20-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11448111)
Try as I might, I can't think of a way they could've ended that better.

Boyd:"We dug coal together Raylan"

Raylan: "Yeah, we did"

giving a look, like that doesn't mean shit anymore.

kcchiefsus 04-21-2015 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 11444801)
I've moved on to three other good shows,

The Blacklist
Better Call Saul
Orange is the new Black

and I have True Detective and House of Cards waiting on the sideline which I've heard is fantastic.

I just finished The Wire and The Shield so I'm in the market for some new material too. I suppose I can get caught up with Walking Dead and Mad Men as well as continuing to watch GOT but I wouldn't mind something new or fresh.

Baby Lee 04-21-2015 03:17 AM

Yeah, with a lot of shows ending or going on hiatus, I'm thinking about adding one, probably NOT two, to catch up on.

Considering [haven't started watching, unless indicated otherwise]

Broad City
Portlandia
House of Cards
Fortitude
Enlightened [saw season one]
Orphan Black
Secrets and Lies [SOLELY on the reviews given it here, nothing more]
Gotham [saw series premiere]
Daredevil
Peaky Blinders
Penny Dreadful
Spoils of Babylon

Anything stand out as must see?

Tribal Warfare 04-21-2015 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11449410)
Yeah, with a lot of shows ending or going on hiatus, I'm thinking about adding one, probably NOT two, to catch up on.

Considering [haven't started watching, unless indicated otherwise]

Broad City
Portlandia
House of Cards
Fortitude
Enlightened [saw season one]
Orphan Black
Secrets and Lies [SOLELY on the reviews given it here, nothing more]
Gotham [saw series premiere]
Daredevil
Peaky Blinders
Penny Dreadful
Spoils of Babylon

Anything stand out as must see?

Black Sails

Mav 04-21-2015 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 11449414)
Black Sails

I want to see that.

Baby Lee 04-21-2015 09:44 PM

:huh::deevee:

raybec 4 04-24-2015 07:52 AM

House of Cards is fantastic

Bowser 04-24-2015 10:47 AM

Not quite the bloodbath I was expecting (or that FX was hyping), but I enjoyed the finale.

Baby Lee 01-20-2016 08:02 AM

For Wynn Duffie fans, an extended interview with Jere Burns. Bunch of shop talk with fellow actor Kevin Pollack. But should be good for on-set anecdotes and insights into the character, etc.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eN9h2gAIbAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 05-01-2016 12:55 AM

Trying to finish Season 6 and halfway through, I'm finding it extremely tedious.

It's run a season too long.

Direckshun 05-01-2016 02:51 AM

Shut the **** up, Donnie.

Jamie 05-01-2016 03:24 AM

I felt like it did run too long, but that season 5 was the shit season. 6 was pretty good.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-01-2016 05:53 AM

Completely lost interest during 5

Sully 05-02-2016 07:45 AM

There's a show on TBS or USA or something called "The Detour."
It's just flat out awesome, and it stars Natalie Zea. if you get a chance, like funny shit, and like to look at Natalie Zea, then check this out. Start from the beginning. it really is a very well written show.

DaneMcCloud 05-13-2016 12:13 AM

The series finale was without any mystery or surprises.

I suppose that if Raylen and/or Boyd died in a shootout, or Ava was a crossfire kill, people would have been upset but for me, it would have infinitely more satisfying.

That said, it would have been nice to see an edgier ending.

Winona's attraction to the latest boyfriend wasn't believable and no mention of Jason Gedrick's lackeys was lame.

Rausch 05-14-2016 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12228942)
The series finale was without any mystery or surprises.

I suppose that if Raylen and/or Boyd died in a shootout, or Ava was a crossfire kill, people would have been upset but for me, it would have infinitely more satisfying.

That said, it would have been nice to see an edgier ending.

Winona's attraction to the latest boyfriend wasn't believable and no mention of Jason Gedrick's lackeys was lame.

I liked it.

If there were a two hour special a few years from now I'd tune in. There's enough there (loose ends) to make one...

Bowser 05-14-2016 09:38 AM

It definitely went out with a pop and not a boom, but it worked for me. Thought it could have been more climactic, but no real complaints.

DaneMcCloud 05-14-2016 11:36 AM

It wasn't horrible, it's just that we go through six seasons of all of that, why?

The only "unhappy" ending was that Raylan didn't end up with Winona. No one seemed any wiser for the journey, either.

Oh well, every show can't end like Breaking Bad.

:D

Bowser 05-14-2016 03:12 PM

The other thing I thought when it was over was that they left it wide open for a revisit if they ever wanted to do a movie or a miniseries down the road. Perhaps that's why it ended like it did?

Baby Lee 09-12-2016 11:36 PM

Conflicting info.

Crackle sent me a video that all episodes of Justified streamed on their site free, but the video doesn't play and the Crackle site doesn't list any episodes.

Hope it's just a timing thing and the episodes will be up soon. Who knows, maybe it went the other way and the rights contracts fell through.

http://www.crackle.com/justified

DaneMcCloud 09-13-2016 08:56 AM

Amazon has the Exclusive Rights to Justified last I had heard

Baby Lee 01-31-2018 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 12211697)
There's a show on TBS or USA or something called "The Detour."
It's just flat out awesome, and it stars Natalie Zea. if you get a chance, like funny shit, and like to look at Natalie Zea, then check this out. Start from the beginning. it really is a very well written show.

In the new season, Natalie's character is working in a breasturant asstropub called 'Whale Tails' up in Alaska.

hummina hummina.

Frazod 01-31-2018 01:29 PM

I really miss this show. :(

Baby Lee 01-31-2018 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13392566)
I really miss this show. :(

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2...oom1.gif?w=650

Frazod 01-31-2018 02:18 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vrasUVrRhIA" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

sully1983 01-31-2018 03:00 PM

This was a damn good show and I dug the Kentucky setting.

Also, why in the hell isn't Timothy Olyphant a household name by now?! its truly baffling . That dude is cooler than the other side of the pillow and is great in literally everything. He SHOULD be a leading man in big Hollywood films imo.

Baby Lee 01-31-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13392879)
This was a damn good show and I dug the Kentucky setting.

Also, why in the hell isn't Timothy Olyphant a household name by now?! its truly baffling . That dude is cooler than the other side of the pillow and is great in literally everything. He SHOULD be a leading man in big Hollywood films imo.

Some of his film choices were less than optimal, Hitman, Catch and Release.

Made a good early impression in Go, though. And I thought his villain in Live Free or Die Hard, even if the movie sucked overall.

But Deadwood and Justified is as good a 1-2 punch on a TV resume as you get.

He's kind of a redneck Jon Hamm, really good when called on, but a little too 'pretty' to be taken seriously for some executives in charge of blockbusters.

Molitoth 01-31-2018 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13392892)

Made a good early impression in Go, though. And I thought his villain in Live Free or Die Hard, even if the movie sucked overall.

He's kind of a redneck Jon Hamm, really good when called on, but a little too 'pretty' to be taken seriously for some executives in charge of blockbusters.

I liked his character in "The Girl Next Door" too.

Frazod 01-31-2018 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13392892)

I remembered him from a supporting role he had in an HBO movie called When Trumpets Fade, where he played a young officer in World War II who eventually wigs out after most of his company is wiped out. Normally I only notice people from small roles if I see the film again later, but his performance and those intense, crazy eyes really made him stand out.

He does great work and definitely should be better known than he is.

Bowser 01-31-2018 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13392527)
In the new season, Natalie's character is working in a breasturant asstropub called 'Whale Tails' up in Alaska.

hummina hummina.

Didn't Columbia have a place like that once not long ago? Honey Bunnzz, or something? You could see it from the highway. I legit thought it was a pastry shop at first, lol.

Baby Lee 01-31-2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 13393606)
Didn't Columbia have a place like that once not long ago? Honey Bunnzz, or something? You could see it from the highway. I legit thought it was a pastry shop at first, lol.

There's tons of them. Hooters of course. Then Tilted Kilt, ShowMes, Twin Peaks, Mugs'n'Jugs, etc.

On the other . . . . proclivity, St. Louis is getting a Hamburger Mary's, too.

MahiMike 01-31-2018 07:00 PM

Shoot, I thought this show was back since it got bumped.

Raiderhater 01-31-2018 07:00 PM

I own all 6 seasons and revisted the series earlier this month. One of my all time favorite shows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-K5RlyKcfo

Rausch 02-01-2018 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 13393681)
I own all 6 seasons and revisted the series earlier this month. One of my all time favorite shows.

Ditto.

I didn't like the ending but I didn't feel cheated either.

It was, ok...

Buehler445 02-01-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13394432)
Ditto.

It was, ok...

I thought the ending worked. Far better than most series.

Raiderhater 02-02-2018 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 13394432)
Ditto.

It was, ok...

I wasn’t crazy about it the first time around either but found a little bit of appreciation for after revisiting it. Except for Raylan and Winona not ending up together after what she told him the last time we saw them together. That was just stupid. But otherwise I liked it better the second time around.

Chiefnj2 02-02-2018 03:55 PM

we dug coal together

Pitt Gorilla 02-03-2018 11:28 PM

One of the best ever.

Deberg_1990 01-14-2022 10:26 AM

What? Hell yes!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">High noon approaches. Timothy Olyphant returns as Raylan Givens for FX’s Justified: City Primeval, an all-new limited series. <a href="https://t.co/x6BgJpQpIv">pic.twitter.com/x6BgJpQpIv</a></p>&mdash; Justified (@JustifiedFX) <a href="https://twitter.com/JustifiedFX/status/1482020078061162500?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

InChiefsHeaven 01-14-2022 10:42 AM

Hell yes!!!! Can't wait for this. I'll even buy FX or whatever...

InChiefsHeaven 01-14-2022 10:48 AM

Sucks, I can't find a release date, or even an approximate one...

Scorp 01-14-2022 11:55 AM

My most favorite scene ever! Best show there ever was!

"Now get out of my way, I didn't come here to talk about hats!"

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hU2rVVrO4N8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiderhater 01-14-2022 12:57 PM

I have actually been rewatching this the past couple of weeks. One of the all time great shows.

I’m happy with a return but, I’m also happy that it is a limited series. I fear for the quality of anything beyond that.

Frazod 01-14-2022 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16074128)
I have actually been rewatching this the past couple of weeks. One of the all time great shows.

I’m happy with a return but, I’m also happy that it is a limited series. I fear for the quality of anything beyond that.

Agreed. This show stayed awesome and engaging through its entire run, never jumping the proverbial shark. The regular cast was great, but probably more than any other show I've ever seen, the supporting cast/seasonal bad guys were always first rate. And the dark, twisted humor that permeated everything really put it over the top. Also, it just seemed like everybody involved in the show was having a blast working on it.

Really looking forward to the new one. I wonder if they'll figure out a way to bring Boyd back?

Buehler445 01-14-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorp (Post 16073965)
My most favorite scene ever! Best show there ever was!

"Now get out of my way, I didn't come here to talk about hats!"

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hU2rVVrO4N8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mine is "Next one's coming faster"

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fcfNK3D7TiE" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I could ever be anywhere near cool enough to come up with something on the fly so good as tossing a bullet at a dude and saying "next one's coming faster." Holy shit. ROFL

Rausch 01-14-2022 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 16073766)
What? Hell yes!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">High noon approaches. Timothy Olyphant returns as Raylan Givens for FX’s Justified: City Primeval, an all-new limited series. <a href="https://t.co/x6BgJpQpIv">pic.twitter.com/x6BgJpQpIv</a></p>&mdash; Justified (@JustifiedFX) <a href="https://twitter.com/JustifiedFX/status/1482020078061162500?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I missed this. Excellent.

I can't say I knew much about Tim before Deadwood but I'm pretty sure he could single handedly bring back Westerns. He found his groove there...

Raiderhater 01-14-2022 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16074179)
Agreed. This show stayed awesome and engaging through its entire run, never jumping the proverbial shark. The regular cast was great, but probably more than any other show I've ever seen, the supporting cast/seasonal bad guys were always first rate. And the dark, twisted humor that permeated everything really put it over the top. Also, it just seemed like everybody involved in the show was having a blast working on it.

Really looking forward to the new one. I wonder if they'll figure out a way to bring Boyd back?

I think they could have put season six in place of five and ended it there. The Crowes were just ok bad guys. It was still plenty entertaining but, I definitely consider it the weakest season and felt like they were hitting that point of starting to run out of ideas.

Though, while we’re throwing out favorite scenes, one of my favorite from that season that I always think of whenever I see someone mention the “21’ rule” (on my phone right now so link only) -

https://youtu.be/KDOOKWKM3wM

Frazod 01-14-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 16074674)
I think they could have put season six in place of five and ended it there. The Crowes were just ok bad guys. It was still plenty entertaining but, I definitely consider it the weakest season and felt like they were hitting that point of starting to run out of ideas.

Though, while we’re throwing out favorite scenes, one of my favorite from that season that I always think of whenever I see someone mention the “21’ rule” (on my phone right now so link only) -

https://youtu.be/KDOOKWKM3wM

LMAO

That was great. In some ways, the shit that happened in this show was like a Road Runner cartoon, except the coyote of the day actually died. :D

Raiderhater 01-14-2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 16074752)
LMAO

That was great. In some ways, the shit that happened in this show was like a Road Runner cartoon, except the coyote of the day actually died. :D

That’s a great analogy.

Buehler445 01-14-2022 07:43 PM

ROFL

I forgot that one.

Raiderhater 01-14-2022 10:25 PM

Here is another favorite. Although I consider this to be more of a Wynn Duffy moment but, thats alright. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s0B5mGxN6dA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>