ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs are releasing RT Eric Winston (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270822)

-King- 03-07-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9473893)
It would be a sad, sad day if we find out that the Chiefs released Winston for the sole purpose of creating a hole for Joeckel to fill.

"No place for Joeckel to play? We'll make one!"

Yep.

ShowtimeSBMVP 03-07-2013 01:21 PM

joshklingler ‏@joshklingler

Winston tells @dannyparkins @cdotharrison that he was not asked to take pay cut or change positions by #Chiefs - never came up

gblowfish 03-07-2013 01:22 PM

Move Baldwin to Tight End.
Move Manieri to Tackle.
Move Brandon Albert to Guard.
Move Cyrus Gray to Fullback.
Move McCluster to slot receiver.
Move Casshole to Arizona.
Trade first pick, for St. Louis' 1st and 1st,
or anybody elses 1st and 3rd.
Draft a tackle and a corner.
Take a wide receiver in the 4th.

Problem solved!

Frankie 03-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9473795)
People have such short memories.

Winston was nowhere near as bad as people are making it out. Bad was the 4-5 years prior to Winston.

Being less brown than a turd doesn't make something gold.

Sorter 03-07-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9473909)
joshklingler ‏@joshklingler

Winston tells @dannyparkins @cdotharrison that he was not asked to take pay cut or change positions by #Chiefs - never came up

Maybe they hate people with lisps or cleft palates?

gblowfish 03-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9473916)
Maybe they hate people with lisps or cleft palates?

Thay it isthn't tho!

unlurking 03-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9473867)
this Baldwin to convert to a TE stuff is hilarious...

Granted I missed a few pages, but I didn't see anyone wanting to convert Baldwin to a TE. Guess maybe I'll have to go back and read last nights posts.

Sorter 03-07-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9473913)
Move Baldwin to Tight End.
Move Manieri to Tackle.
Move Brandon Albert to Guard.
Move Cyrus Gray to Fullback.
Move McCluster to slot receiver.
Move Casshole to Arizona.
Trade first pick, for St. Louis' 1st and 1st,
or anybody elses 1st and 3rd.
Draft a tackle and a corner.
Take a wide receiver in the 4th.

Problem solved!

You forgot to move Tamba to NT.

gblowfish 03-07-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9473922)
You forgot to move Tamba to NT.

OK, so we can move Poe to fullback!
Even Bettah!

tyton75 03-07-2013 01:30 PM

I'll just say that this all looks like positioning for the Draft. No one knows who the hell we'll be wanting to take and might help boost the offers for people wanting to trade up.

Mav 03-07-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9473904)
I'm just going to give up predicting what this regime is going to do. I just don't understand what they're doing.

Oh, you know what they are going to do. It has been evident since the day the alex smith trade was announced. They were going to try to trade down, and if not, draft joeckel. Anyone confused as to what the chiefs have been planning, are fooling themselves.

The skill level from the top guy in this qb draft class, to the 10th guy, is minimal at best. With good coaching, there is no doubt that a Wilson, or Bray, can be better, or as good as Geno Smith, or Barkley.

patteeu 03-07-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9473882)
That's great and all but we were talking about some dufus on NFLN and his "accurate" predictions. Those guys are so hellbent on the Chiefs taking a LT that they keep getting more outlandish with their predictions.

I'm disagreeing with your comment that it didn't take a crystal ball. I haven't heard anyone else, either here or in the media, even speculating that Winston could be cut, much less predicting it. It doesn't mean he's right about everything, but he deserves credit (and a credibility bump) for this.

The Franchise 03-07-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9473949)
Oh, you know what they are going to do. It has been evident since the day the alex smith trade was announced. They were going to try to trade down, and if not, draft joeckel. Anyone confused as to what the chiefs have been planning, are fooling themselves.

The skill level from the top guy in this qb draft class, to the 10th guy, is minimal at best. With good coaching, there is no doubt that a Wilson, or Bray, can be better, or as good as Geno Smith, or Barkley.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The drop off from Geno Smith to say someone like Matt Scott or Alex Carder is minimal?

mcaj22 03-07-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9473921)
Granted I missed a few pages, but I didn't see anyone wanting to convert Baldwin to a TE. Guess maybe I'll have to go back and read last nights posts.

happens every day on here in at least one thread, its a pretty common "want," "idea," "theory" or whatever on what do with him. It's more of an "excuse" for Baldwin apologists to try and give him a free pass that he is good or will pan out as a player. So grasping at straws, and very dumb ones might I add. Just becauses hes big and tall doesnt mean he can play TE.

teedubya 03-07-2013 01:57 PM

Winston isn't a gladiator... I bet he thinks this whole ordeal is sickening. Good bye, beeeeyotch!

DaneMcCloud 03-07-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go to Hell (Post 9472391)
Dane, are you really this stupid? He was the best right tackle in football last season.

http://i.imgur.com/n4kp6aF.jpg

Andre Smith, OT: Smith was my first pick in SI’s Free-Agent Mock Draft earlier this week, so I don’t exactly anticipate his performance falling off a cliff next season. But teams must be wary of a player who carries questions about his conditioning and work ethic, then shines in a contract year.

http://nfl.si.com/2013/03/07/bargain...2_a6&eref=sihp

If I'm Dorsey and Reid, I'm not paying Andre Smith $9 million per year to be a right tackle.

The Franchise 03-07-2013 02:00 PM

Gosder Cherilus on the other hand might be a decent signing depending on the price.

patteeu 03-07-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9473885)
RTs are intentionally taken at #1 all of the time.

:doh!:

People keep saying this kind of thing and it's hard to understand why. If the Chiefs use 1.1 on a tackle, it won't be with the intent of landing a RT for the next 10 years. He'll be drafted to be a LT, even though he might play the right side initially while Branden Albert is still on the team.

unlurking 03-07-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9473969)
happens every day on here in at least one thread, its a pretty common "want," "idea," "theory" or whatever on what do with him. It's more of an "excuse" for Baldwin apologists to try and give him a free pass that he is good or will pan out as a player. So grasping at straws, and very dumb ones might I add. Just becauses hes big and tall doesnt mean he can play TE.

Weird. Haven't seen this. Maybe I just have these people on ignore.

Mav 03-07-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9473961)
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

The drop off from Geno Smith to say someone like Matt Scott or Alex Carder is minimal?

absolutely. And everyone outside of CHiefs planet has been trying to convince themselves of that. First reason is, because andy reid comes from philly where he had success with mobil qbs like mcnabb and vick, they think that because geno is mobile he is the same player. Hes not.

Second, you have to ask yourself this question.

Had lets say, aaron murray had come out this year, would you guys want geno or aaron?

The answer is simple. aaron murray. I have seen this expression used a lot on this board. a shined up turd is still a turd. FOr first round value, which of the qbs in this draft class would of went first round last year?

The answer is NONE.

Frosty 03-07-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9474029)
People keep saying this kind of thing and it's hard to understand why. If the Chiefs use 1.1 on a tackle, it won't be with the intent of landing a RT for the next 10 years. He'll be drafted to be a LT, even though he might play the right side initially while Branden Albert is still on the team.

Dorsey says they are working on a long term contract with Albert. If this is true, it makes Winston's comment sound like they are using a #1 to replace him at RT.

Yes, if they don't get a contract with Albert and they take a OT, then draft pick is the LTOTF but I was going off of what I quoted and what has been said previously about Albert's contract situation, not some general situation.

Ultra Peanut 03-07-2013 02:15 PM

lol xd

Frosty 03-07-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474053)
absolutely. And everyone outside of CHiefs planet has been trying to convince themselves of that. First reason is, because andy reid comes from philly where he had success with mobil qbs like mcnabb and vick, they think that because geno is mobile he is the same player. Hes not.

That's why Geno is being projected to go in the top half of the first round and Matt Scott is being projected to go in the second half of the draft, right?

Quote:

Had lets say, aaron murray had come out this year, would you guys want geno or aaron?

Nobody was clamoring for Murray when he was deciding whether to come out or not.

CoMoChief 03-07-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9473867)
this Baldwin to convert to a TE stuff is hilarious

even as a pass catching TE he would still be listed as a TE on the depth chart, and you always want your TEs to be able to block, play special teams, etc and he cant do ANY of that, never probably learned any of that his entire football career and has no fundamentals of that type of stuff. He's purely a WR with the mindset of a WR, run, jump, route tree, catch a 1000 balls in practice etc. You asking him to essentially start running drills with the offensive lineman, for at least one if not both practices.

Even Gronk and Hernandez on the Pats still know how to line up on the LOS and know how to run block. You magically think Jon Baldwin is going to be able to block some big huge DE or fast OLBer the guy cant even beat the strength of a 5'9 CB jamming him at the line

i was kidding btw

Mav 03-07-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9474065)
That's why Geno is being projected to go in the top half of the first round and Matt Scott is being projected to go in the second half of the draft, right?

Nobody was clamoring for Murray when he was deciding whether to come out or not.

hes being projected because the free agent market is terrible, the qb draft class is terrible. THink about what you just said.

FIRST HALF OF THE DRAFT??????

if he was that good, wouldnt he be a sure fire number one overrall pick for a team that despartely needs a qb? If he was that sure of a player, there is no way the chiefs trade for alex mediocre smith. (thats me saying that, not playing along).

rate the top 10 qbs in this draft.

Geno,
Barkley,
Glennon,
Wilson,
Manuel,
Nassib,
landry jones,

thats 7. can you tell me that from that list, there is a clear cut talent difference in any of them, or do they all come with big big question marks?

compared to last years.

Luck,
Griffin,
Tannenhill,
Weeden,
FOles,
Wilson,
would the best qb from this years draft class pass over anyone but say weeden?

Not, EVEN, CLOSE.

CoMoChief 03-07-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

The answer is simple. aaron murray. I have seen this expression used a lot on this board. a shined up turd is still a turd. FOr first round value, which of the qbs in this draft class would of went first round last year?

The answer is NONE.

Absolutely this

Frosty 03-07-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474081)
THink about what you just said.

Maybe you should read what I actually wrote?

The Franchise 03-07-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

hes being projected because the free agent market is terrible, the qb draft class is terrible. THink about what you just said.

if he was that good, wouldnt he be a sure fire number one overrall pick for a team that despartely needs a qb? If he was that sure of a player, there is no way the chiefs trade for alex mediocre smith. (thats me saying that, not playing along).

Geno,
Barkley,
Glennon,
Wilson,
Manuel,
Nassib,
landry jones,

thats 7. can you tell me that from that list, there is a clear cut talent difference in any of them, or do they all come with big big question marks?

compared to last years.

Luck,
Griffin,
Tannenhill,
Weeden,
FOles,
Wilson,

Not, EVEN, CLOSE.

I would take Geno Smith over Ryan Tannehill every day of the week.

SAUTO 03-07-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9474096)
I would take Geno Smith over Ryan Tannehill every day of the week.

me too, geno would be third on the list last year.

alex smith fan guy is a drooling mongoloid

Mav 03-07-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9474089)

yeah, first half of the first round. I mistyped it, and again, okay, ill break down a different way.

In a draft where the FIRST TWO DRAFT PICKS in the draft as it stands right now, the chiefs and the jags, having horrid qb situations. They arent exactly fighting over geno smith.

If this were the draft order for last year, would there be any doubt that andrew luck, and rg3 would go 1, 2?

well, if geno smith is as good as people here think, why isnt he a lock to one of them?

There are no free agent qbs out there worth starting this year, there were really only two trade options, alex smith, and matt flynn. NO one wants flynn. There was enough of a market for the niners to get the 2nd pick in the second round, in a league that treats draft picks, not like gold, but more like platinum.

So, either Andy Reid is a complete moron, or he knows what everyone else seems to know.

This draft class, is extremely weak. Maybe the weakest since the 2004 draft, or the 2002 draft was considered to be.

SAUTO 03-07-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9474089)

he isnt too good at reading it seems

Mav 03-07-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474103)
me too, geno would be third on the list last year.

alex smith fan guy is a drooling mongoloid

Why? Tannehill had absolutely no body to throw to last year.

If they get Tannehill either greg jennings or mike wallace, we will revisit this next season.

Im so insulted. A turd calling me names. Geno Smith isnt even the number one prospect in a draft that is considered deep, but doesnt have one definite franchise player.

Please, i wouldnt take advice on how to cross the street from someone like you, so you really think i care what you think about my thoughts on football?

PUH, AND LEASE.

Mav 03-07-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474106)
he isnt too good at reading it seems

absolutely. and not once have you made a mistake while typing correct?

Eat a nice big round dick. after all, you are what you eat.....

Frosty 03-07-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474104)
yeah, first half of the first round. I mistyped it,

That "mis-type" negated you whole argument. LMAO

SAUTO 03-07-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474108)
Why? Tannehill had absolutely no body to throw to last year.

If they get Tannehill either greg jennings or mike wallace, we will revisit this next season.

Im so insulted. A turd calling me names. Geno Smith isnt even the number one prospect in a draft that is considered deep, but doesnt have one definite franchise player.

Please, i wouldnt take advice on how to cross the street from someone like you, so you really think i care what you think about my thoughts on football?

PUH, AND LEASE.

go **** yourself

you are here to suck off alex smith. that says all anyone needs to know about you

The Franchise 03-07-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474123)
go **** yourself

you are here to suck off alex smith. that says all anyone needs to know about you

That and people over at the 49ers board don't want him either.

Frosty 03-07-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

go **** yourself

Super Iggy is made for jokers like this. He makes BlackBob look smart. :rolleyes:

Mav 03-07-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

go **** yourself

yup, because i have said numerous times.

"alex smith is the chiefs savior, he is going to be here for the next ten years, win super bowl after super bowl."

yes, im sucking him off. Slurp slurp slurp.

I wipe my ass with what you dick wads on this board think. The ones who at least can respect my opinion, yeah i care what they think. THose of you who show on a daily basis that you really dont know shit, yeah, toilet paper......

Mav 03-07-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9474128)
Super Iggy is made for jokers like this. He makes BlackBob look smart. :rolleyes:

I really dont give a shit about what you think especially. You are the clown that some how thinks that geno smith being projected to go in the TOP HALF OF THE FIRST ROUND OF A DRAFT that has no qbs really to speak of, and because he is mobil which is quickly becoming the new trend of the nfl, some how makes him godly.

Yeah, your opinion is important. Lol.

I cant wait until the chiefs take joeckel at one, or trade down to grab milliner, and you and the rest of your inbred hermaphodites melt down. That is going to be a riot to watch. And here is what ill be doing.....nlm

SAUTO 03-07-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474134)
yup, because i have said numerous times.

"alex smith is the chiefs savior, he is going to be here for the next ten years, win super bowl after super bowl."

yes, im sucking him off. Slurp slurp slurp.

I wipe my ass with what you dick wads on this board think. The ones who at least can respect my opinion, yeah i care what they think. THose of you who show on a daily basis that you really dont know shit, yeah, toilet paper......

i dont think anyone really respects your opinion.

you arent a guy like beeker who seems quite sensible.

you havent EARNED anyone's respect. you have spewed a bunch of homeristic takes about alex smith, that about it.

go **** your mom

cookster50 03-07-2013 02:56 PM

If you ignore the troll, eventually the troll goes away.

Frosty 03-07-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474148)
go **** your mom

in Zimbabwe.

Mav 03-07-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474148)
i dont think anyone really respects your opinion.

you arent a guy like beeker who seems quite sensible.

you havent EARNED anyone's respect. you have spewed a bunch of homeristic takes about alex smith, that about it.

go **** your mom

would you like to point out just ONE homeristic take?

Let me type some of them so you can easlily bold them for me.

Alex Smith doesnt turn the ball over.

Alex Smith isnt going to lose games, he wont win them, but wont be the cause for losing them.

Alex Smith is a true leader, and wont mind training his replacement.

Alex Smith is mentally tough, and will be able to take the boos, along with the cheers without them affecting him.

Alex Smith cant pass deep accurately, but can read a defense pre snap, and get the team in the right play.

Alex SMith developes a great relationship with his tight ends. He has no ego with handing the ball off.

Alex SMith deflects all praise to teammates, and accepts blame withouth throwing teammates under the bus.

ALex SMith is a true team player, and true professional.

That is all I have ever said about alex smith.

Please, find my homerism.....

btw, id rather **** YOUR mom......

Mav 03-07-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookster50 (Post 9474155)
If you ignore the troll, eventually the troll goes away.

If i were a troll, that might be true. Im not, and besides, if they would stop talking to me period, we wouldnt be having this problem. I will always give the truth, and my opinion whenever it presents an opportunity.

mr. tegu 03-07-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

The answer is NONE.

You are inventing arguments nobody is making. NOBODY thinks Geno is the same type of QB as those guys. He is mobile like Rogers and Big Ben, meaning he moves well in the pocket and buys time. He is not a running QB at all.

HolyHat 03-07-2013 02:58 PM

This clowndick has been on my ignore list for the last week. It's B-E-A-UTIFUL.

Nightfyre 03-07-2013 02:59 PM

LMAO Alex Smith Fan. I mean really, doesn't the username aptly reflect the intelligence of the poster?

Mav 03-07-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9474162)
You are inventing arguments nobody is making. NOBODY thinks Geno is the same type of QB as those guys. He is mobile like Rogers and Big Ben, meaning he moves well in the pocket and buys time. He is not a running QB at all.

Mcnabb wasnt a running qb either. He was mobile, used his athleticsm to extend plays.

Not my fault if people cant distinquish and correlate the meaning of the post.

HolyHat 03-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9474165)
LMAO Alex Smith Fan. I mean really, doesn't the username aptly reflect the intelligence of the poster?

Yes, yes it does. Everyone make it your duty to put him on mega-ignore.

cookster50 03-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474159)

I don't know who this YOUR guy is, but man, does his mom get a ton of action from CPers!!!

Mav 03-07-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9474165)

hmmm, careful with things like that.

Hmmm, you are from alabama. You sleep with your mother........

Your dad is probably your brother. See how that works?

Assumptions make asses out of you and me.

Nightfyre 03-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474173)
hmmm, careful with things like that.

Hmmm, you are from alabama. You sleep with your mother........

Your dad is probably your brother. See how that works?

Assumptions make asses out of you and me.

Especially you, since I am not FROM alabama. It just happens to be where my military training is located.

Frosty 03-07-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9474170)
Yes, yes it does. Everyone make it your duty to put him on mega-ignore.

I had to dump the Super Ignore script because it blocks anyone that even quotes him. You miss out on some funny stuff when that happens.

SAUTO 03-07-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474159)
would you like to point out just ONE homeristic take?

Let me type some of them so you can easlily bold them for me.

Alex Smith doesnt turn the ball over.

Alex Smith isnt going to lose games, he wont win them, but wont be the cause for losing them.

Alex Smith is a true leader, and wont mind training his replacement.

Alex Smith is mentally tough, and will be able to take the boos, along with the cheers without them affecting him.

Alex Smith cant pass deep accurately, but can read a defense pre snap, and get the team in the right play.

Alex SMith developes a great relationship with his tight ends. He has no ego with handing the ball off.

Alex SMith deflects all praise to teammates, and accepts blame withouth throwing teammates under the bus.

ALex SMith is a true team player, and true professional.

That is all I have ever said about alex smith.

Please, find my homerism.....

well trying to say the BENGALS have a better team sans QB than the 49ers while trying to argue for smith is the first one that comes to mind.

and you not knowing the difference between SOME and ALL shows how stupid you are.

and my mom doesnt like people who suck off shitty players so you would be out on that front

Mav 03-07-2013 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9474176)
Especially you, since I am not FROM alabama. It just happens to be where my military training is located.

shakes head. Well, i guess all military men cant have decency.

hmmm, well, since you too are army, i guess ill let this go. Mos?

13B here.

Nightfyre 03-07-2013 03:08 PM

I am reluctant to post personal information on a public forum.

Mav 03-07-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474179)
well trying to say the BENGALS have a better team sans QB than the 49ers while trying to argue for smith is the first one that comes to mind.

and you not knowing the difference between SOME and ALL shows how stupid you are.

and my mom doesnt like people who suck off shitty players so you would be out on that front

The bengals for the past two years have made the playoffs. They have had one of the top defenses, and one of the best olines in football. and a player that many consider to be a top 5 wr in football in aj green.

Before the last two years, when has alex smith ever had that?

Never. And in the playoffs both years, when the opposing team took away aj green, dalton has crumbled and played like shit both years.

Alex Smith, is a better player than Andy Dalton, imo.

Mav 03-07-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474179)

way to completely skate the true issue at hand.

Tell me though, where is my homerism? Hmmm, where did i say that Alex Smith was great? Or even good for that matter?

Hmm, tell me, im slurping over here. slurp slurp slurp

nlm

you cant, because you are a bitch.
You are just a sheep jumping on someone elses bandwagon thinking that if you try to verbally punk me on a message board, that i will run and hide.

im not that guy. Keep trying. Your best bet, is to ignore me, because ill be right about alex smith and the chiefs, and the more right i am, the more i will tell you about it.

Mav 03-07-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9474178)
I had to dump the Super Ignore script because it blocks anyone that even quotes him. You miss out on some funny stuff when that happens.

please dont ignore me, my life, ruined. my fun? Gone......despair. PLEASE GOD NO

nlm

SAUTO 03-07-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474196)
The bengals for the past two years have made the playoffs. They have had one of the top defenses, and one of the best olines in football. and a player that many consider to be a top 5 wr in football in aj green.

Before the last two years, when has alex smith ever had that?

Never. And in the playoffs both years, when the opposing team took away aj green, dalton has crumbled and played like shit both years.

Alex Smith, is a better player than Andy Dalton, imo.

in 09 the 9ers had the #4 d in points against

in 2010 they were 16th

in 2011 they were 11th.

in 2012 they were 2nd.

he has had a pretty good d for at least the last 4 years.

why did they suck in 09?

offense.

Mav 03-07-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9474210)
in 09 the 9ers had the #4 d in points against

in 2010 they were 16th

in 2011 they were 11th.

in 2012 they were 2nd.

he has had a pretty good d for at least the last 4 years.

why did they suck in 09?

offense.

you mean the same season that shaun hill started the first 7 games of the season? the same season that michael crabtree was a rookie and held out the first 6 weeks of the season? that season? the offense got better that year WITH alex smith, lol. Really bad choice of seasons. 16th? thats good? thats average?

SAUTO 03-07-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474224)
you mean the same season that shaun hill started the first 7 games of the season? the same season that michael crabtree was a rookie and held out the first 6 weeks of the season? that season? the offense got better that year WITH alex smith, lol. Really bad choice of seasons. 16th? thats good? thats average?

he played 11 games in 09

11 in 2010 too

why?
oh yeah he's always injured too.

FML

SAUTO 03-07-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474224)

crabtree played 11 games in 09 too.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-07-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9473035)
Now if we release Cassell we will fully be gone of the patriot way.

Smith, Teblow, and Cassshole; be ready.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief 03-07-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9474104)
yeah, first half of the first round. I mistyped it, and again, okay, ill break down a different way.

In a draft where the FIRST TWO DRAFT PICKS in the draft as it stands right now, the chiefs and the jags, having horrid qb situations. They arent exactly fighting over geno smith.

If this were the draft order for last year, would there be any doubt that andrew luck, and rg3 would go 1, 2?

well, if geno smith is as good as people here think, why isnt he a lock to one of them?

There are no free agent qbs out there worth starting this year, there were really only two trade options, alex smith, and matt flynn. NO one wants flynn. There was enough of a market for the niners to get the 2nd pick in the second round, in a league that treats draft picks, not like gold, but more like platinum.

So, either Andy Reid is a complete moron, or he knows what everyone else seems to know.

This draft class, is extremely weak. Maybe the weakest since the 2004 draft, or the 2002 draft was considered to be.

Common sense has been completely given up on around here because the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB in the first rd for so long, people are wanting that to happen so bad they're willing to accept anyone, and more than ever now because we have the #1.

Sad thing is...there's no QB this season that warants the pick. It's Chiefs luck unfortunately.

Internet Tough Guy 03-07-2013 04:03 PM

So im guessing this means we sign a OT at #1? oh gawdd lol

Wildcat2005 03-07-2013 04:07 PM

super ignore is a real thing?

I just assumed it was some sort of inside joke

RealSNR 03-07-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9474288)
Common sense has been completely given up on around here because the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB in the first rd for so long, people are wanting that to happen so bad they're willing to accept anyone, and more than ever now because we have the #1.

Sad thing is...there's no QB this season that warants the pick. It's Chiefs luck unfortunately.

Chiefs fans don't want to draft a QB at 1 only because they're desperate. They want to do it because it makes sense.

1. Criticisms against Geno Smith are ****ing out of control. For example, Mayock's "I like 70% accuracy, but can he make throws consistently? That is a problem." WTF does that mean? Merril Hoge watched 5 games and said, "Dude sucks. 3rd round." And the criticisms against the other QBs in this class are ****ing out of control as well.

2. KC has never had the #1 overall pick. I'm pretty sure Chiefs fans like you are so ****ing clueless about what to do with it that if you were in charge, you would draft Pat Buchanan.

3. We FINALLY have a QB-friendly coaching staff. It's one thing to reach on a QB under Crennel and Daboll. Quite another to take a guy who's going to work with Andy Reid and Doug Pederson.

4. The surrounding non-QB positions are the worst I've ever seen at the top of a draft in quite some time. You may as well draft strictly for position at the top of the draft instead of going by some mythical religion that states "BPA every pick!"

5. Look at all these offseason moves. Getting Jackson and Dorsey re-signed. Going after Canty. Pursuing CBs in free agency. The Chiefs clearly don't want to draft any of those positions at 1.1

6. Your relationship to common sense is like Manti Te'o's relationship to his dead girlfriend.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-07-2013 04:18 PM

BOOM.
Posted via Mobile Device

tooge 03-07-2013 04:20 PM

So, did Winston say anything else on Parkins show?

Sorter 03-07-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildcat2005 (Post 9474353)
super ignore is a real thing?

I just assumed it was some sort of inside joke

It's a legend. A myth.

The Franchise 03-07-2013 05:12 PM

So I know that AustinChief brought it up....but I wonder if they sign Jake Long to play RT. That way if contract talks on Albert don't work out....they could always move Long to LT after next year (assuming he stays healthy).

DaneMcCloud 03-07-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9474369)
Chiefs fans don't want to draft a QB at 1 only because they're desperate. They want to do it because it makes sense.

1. Criticisms against Geno Smith are ****ing out of control. For example, Mayock's "I like 70% accuracy, but can he make throws consistently? That is a problem." WTF does that mean? Merril Hoge watched 5 games and said, "Dude sucks. 3rd round." And the criticisms against the other QBs in this class are ****ing out of control as well.

2. KC has never had the #1 overall pick. I'm pretty sure Chiefs fans like you are so ****ing clueless about what to do with it that if you were in charge, you would draft Pat Buchanan.

3. We FINALLY have a QB-friendly coaching staff. It's one thing to reach on a QB under Crennel and Daboll. Quite another to take a guy who's going to work with Andy Reid and Doug Pederson.

4. The surrounding non-QB positions are the worst I've ever seen at the top of a draft in quite some time. You may as well draft strictly for position at the top of the draft instead of going by some mythical religion that states "BPA every pick!"

5. Look at all these offseason moves. Getting Jackson and Dorsey re-signed. Going after Canty. Pursuing CBs in free agency. The Chiefs clearly don't want to draft any of those positions at 1.1

6. Your relationship to common sense is like Manti Te'o's relationship to his dead girlfriend.

And yet despite all of that, Andy Reid chose to give up at least one second round draft choice for Alex Smith.

Unless you think Andy Reid is a complete and utter moron, he saw enough of each and every QB available in the 2013 draft and decided that he would be better off with Alex Smith as his starting QB in 2013.

Rasputin 03-07-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9474541)
And yet despite all of that, Andy Reid chose to give up at least one second round draft choice for Alex Smith.

Unless you think Andy Reid is a complete and utter moron, he saw enough of each and every QB available in the 2013 draft and decided that he would be better off with Alex Smith as his starting QB in 2013.

No other team in the NFL was going give up a 2nd rounder yet we do. We must have the smartest coach in the NFL to do this.

Let's see how this works out like it hasn't the last 30 years with retreads.

bevischief 03-07-2013 05:45 PM

So wtf is happening with Eric Winston? I am not reading 69 pages to figure it out. I have been on the road all day.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-07-2013 05:46 PM

Quote:

Geno,
Barkley,
Glennon,
Wilson,
Manuel,
Nassib,
landry jones,

compared to last years.

Luck,
Griffin,
Tannenhill,
Weeden,
FOles,
Wilson,

Not, EVEN, CLOSE.

Geno would have easily been the 3rd QB taken last year you dumb sumbitch.

Mother****erJones 03-07-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 9474623)
So wtf is happening with Eric Winston? I am not reading 69 pages to figure it out. I have been on the road all day.

He was released. Saving 3.5 mil cap wise

DaneMcCloud 03-07-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9474587)
No other team in the NFL was going give up a 2nd rounder yet we do.

Yeah, right. I'm sure you've polled the remaining 31 teams for verification.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-07-2013 05:51 PM

Sadly all signs point to Jokell. I am going to be sick.

RealSNR 03-07-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9474640)
Sadly all signs point to Jokell. I am going to be sick.

Joeckel is soft and doughy, and I'm not convinced he can be an NFL lineman if his QB doesn't run around like a methed-up midget.

Reid's gonna want Fisher or Johnson, who are much more physically gifted than Joeckel.