ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU **** OFFICIAL 2013-2014 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread **** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271595)

Ceej 06-07-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9735870)
For some reason, I'm about as cautious as I've been in quite some time. I feel a lot like I did in 2000 and 2006 when we brought in unreal classes but had little up top as upperclassmen. Both times we really struggled. People laugh at guys like Kevin Young and Brady Morningstar but those guys matter and they help you win at this level.

Hopefully Wiggins cancels out a lot of historical truths about young players, as Kentucky did a couple years ago (but which proved the truth last year)

Too bad nobody gives a shit.

RustShack 06-07-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9735480)
Rust, better hope your team is a lot better than last year. This KU team is going to be sick!

Well we return our front court and our backcourt will always be good under Fred. DeAndre Kane transferring in at PG will add a new dimension.. We havet had a PG who can drive to the rim since Diante Garret.

This team is going to offer more matchup problems than it did last year.

Prison Bitch 06-07-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9735896)
Too bad nobody gives a shit.

And of course, we all care deeply about your posts. In fact, I have a text alert set up everytime you weigh in.

ROFL

Ceej 06-07-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9735998)
Well we return our front court and our backcourt will always be good under Fred. DeAndre Kane transferring in at PG will add a new dimension.. We havet had a PG who can drive to the rim since Diante Garret.

Let us know when you guys have a post presence.

Ceej 06-07-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9736026)
And of course, we all care deeply about your posts. In fact, I have a text alert set up everytime you weigh in.

ROFL

Perry Ellis.

Prison Bitch 06-07-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9736046)
Perry Ellis.

Too easy:

http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/new...ears-tourney-/

Ceej 06-07-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9736090)

March 11th, 2013.

ROFL

Chiefspants 06-07-2013 01:53 PM

ROFL

Prison Bitch 06-07-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9736102)
March 11th, 2013.

ROFL

You're probably the same loser who brags about the Royals having a good September record each year.

Ceej 06-07-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9736376)
You're probably the same loser who brags about the Royals having a good September record each year.

Hardly.

Ellis was an intrical part of KU's run to help clinch their 9th straight regular season championship, the Big 12 tournament title and their run in the tournament.

But, go ahead and post a link based off before any of that. I don't need statistics to understand Ellis played his best under the biggest lights.

Dude can play ball and I look forward to three more years of him dawning the crimson and blue.

You just keep doing whatever it is you do.

Silock 06-07-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9735998)

Nobody is going to create more matchup problems than Wiggins.

Prison Bitch 06-07-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9736402)
Hardly.

Ellis was an intrical part of KU's run to help clinch their 9th straight regular season championship, the Big 12 tournament title and their run in the tournament.

But, go ahead and post a link based off before any of that. I don't need statistics to understand Ellis played his best under the biggest lights.

Dude can play ball and I look forward to three more years of him dawning the crimson and blue.

Intrical isn't a word. And no, he really wasn't much of a factor in the regular season title which was the point of the LJW article. You are correct he played well in the post-season. I would bet you will also be correct about him playing well in the future.

But we weren't talking about the future back in February. We were talking about the present. Just like we are right now with Moustakas. You can't watch Moustakas have a good September and say "A-ha! Don't you feel dumb for saying he sucked in May?" No - because he did.

RustShack 06-07-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 9736424)
Nobody is going to create more matchup problems than Wiggins.

Oh I know KU will be real good. OSU and ISU won't be far behind though.

RustShack 06-07-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9736045)
Let us know when you guys have a post presence.

Ejim lead the Big12 in rebounds and double doubles. We don't need a traditional post when teams have to adjust to our high scoring NBA spacing 5 guys at a given time who can hit threes.

Mr. Laz 06-07-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9736567)
Oh I know KU will be real good. OSU and ISU won't be far behind though.

aww ... look at the shortbus kid demanding that he's special too.

so cute

Ceej 06-07-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9736563)
Intrical isn't a word. And no, he really wasn't much of a factor in the regular season title which was the point of the LJW article. You are correct he played well in the post-season. I would bet you will also be correct about him playing well in the future.

But we weren't talking about the future back in February. We were talking about the present. Just like we are right now with Moustakas. You can't watch Moustakas have a good September and say "A-ha! Don't you feel dumb for saying he sucked in May?" No - because he did.

I'm not sure why you keep referencing the Royals.

Ellis was a huge contributor for the team's run whether you believe it or not.

Ceej 06-07-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9736571)
Ejim lead the Big12 in rebounds and double doubles. We don't need a traditional post when teams have to adjust to our high scoring NBA spacing 5 guys at a given time who can hit threes.

He didn't show up against KU.

Great player there.

Mr. Plow 06-07-2013 05:10 PM

Quote:

Dumbass. LMAO

sedated 06-07-2013 05:17 PM

Im just shocked there are people who havent put PB on ignore yet.

We got rid of MU, why cant we shake that guy?

teedubya 06-07-2013 05:40 PM

Integral part. Not intrical. Lol

Ceej 06-07-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9736727)

Know what I mean, not what I post.

ArrowheadHawk 06-07-2013 07:06 PM

Here is what a post player looks like. Embiid is gonna be a beast.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMK87h1CcAMan7O.jpg:large

Mr_Tomahawk 06-07-2013 07:53 PM

Large.

Pants 06-07-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9736026)

ROFL

We do, in fact, care about his posts. The same posts that are infinitely more interesting and funny than yours.

I still can't believe you have the gall to show your face in this thread acting like your opinion is worth anything. Your opinion has no worth.

You're the poster who completely wrote off Perry Ellis despite his obvious elite talent. Naturally, once he started to show glimpses of that talent, you started to act like you were simply stating the facts at the time when he wasn't performing to his abilities. This could not be farther from the truth.

I say with utmost sincerity, can you please do everyone a favor here and just stop posting?

Pablo 06-07-2013 10:48 PM

PB is the worst. You're incredibly likely to never read an interesting and/or correct post from the guy. He's one of the few KU fans I wish would just switch alliances and start posting in the MU/KSU threads.

Not to mention he's a bat-shit gay.

Prison Bitch 06-07-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9540364)
There are very few KU players that I don't say "Man, another year would do wonders for this kid".....McLemore isn't one of them.

Brilliant analysis. Thanks.

ReynardMuldrake 06-07-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Bullshit. "We" weren't wrong about Ellis. YOU were. Don't try and pin that on us.

ReynardMuldrake 06-07-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9737330)

Care to point out where he's wrong?

Titty Meat 06-08-2013 01:18 AM

Lol what a silly argument. Ellis is one of the most underrated players in college basketball. He keeps maturing hell be one of the most fundamentally sound players in the game. That's really an overlooked aspect of the game in march.

Bambi 06-08-2013 10:00 AM

another National Champion

http://m.cjonline.com/sites/default/...sayVollmer.jpg

Prison Bitch 06-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9737332)
Bullshit. "We" weren't wrong about Ellis. YOU were. Don't try and pin that on us.

Did you contact the writer at the LJ World and tell him how you feel? I think you should, since he basically reiterated the arguments several of us were making in February. (Only he uses data which makes him different from you)

Email him your thoughts.

Chiefspants 06-08-2013 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9737673)
Did you contact the writer at the LJ World and tell him how you feel? I think you should, since he basically reiterated the arguments several of us were making in February. (Only he uses data which makes him different from you)

Email him your thoughts.

ROFL

teedubya 06-08-2013 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9736886)
Here is what a post player looks like. Embiid is gonna be a beast.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMK87h1CcAMan7O.jpg:large

Damn. That is exciting. KU is spoiled, man.

Chiefspants 06-08-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Email him your thoughts.

Weren't you making claims that Perry Ellis had no athleticism and would "suck" for the entirety of his playing career?

Prison Bitch 06-08-2013 01:06 PM

Hilarious

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9737332)

"He's looked overwhelmed all year long."

-ReynardMuldrake, Feb 24 2013. 6:28pm

Prison Bitch 06-08-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9737763)
Weren't you making claims that Perry Ellis had no athleticism

Yes.

Quote:

and would "suck" for the entirety of his playing career?
No.

Chiefspants 06-08-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9421982)
He sucks so bad I can't even believe how bad he sucks. I've never, ever, been more disappointed with a player in almost 40 years of watching KU basketball. He was so overhyped it's not funny - altho some recruiting analysts did warn us all he has no athleticism. They were dead on.

Just eat crow already, you signed off on this player when he was TWO MONTHS into his playing career. If you want to know why no one takes any of your analysis seriously, look no farther than your embarrassing insight and reaction to Perry Ellis' ascension through the last season.

Prison Bitch 06-08-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9737846)
Just eat crow already, you signed off on this player when he was TWO MONTHS into his playing career.

False.

"Thus far, he looks absolutely terrible. This really can't be denied. Will be turn out ok? He might, I have no idea either way."

Quote:

If you want to know why no one takes any of your analysis seriously, look no farther than your embarrassing insight and reaction to Perry Ellis' ascension through the last season.

Of course, nobody takes you "seriously" either. It's a message board. We aren't discussing solutions to world peace here. Besides, I'd rather have a professional sports writer for the LJ World agree with me than an internet idiot such as yourself.

Chiefspants 06-08-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9737896)
False.

"Thus far, he looks absolutely terrible. This really can't be denied. Will be turn out ok? He might, I have no idea either way."

Except you didn't say "thus far," in fact, you never say "thus far", you always speak in hyperbolic absolutes.

"He's the most overhyped prospect in the last 40 years"

Lol, Perry Ellis will forever be your Scarlet Letter.

Prison Bitch 06-08-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 9737905)
Except you didn't say "thus far," in fact, you never say "thus far", you always speak in hyperbolic absolutes.

"He's the most overhyped prospect in the last 40 years"

Lol, Perry Ellis will forever be your Scarlet Letter.

Actually, that's my direct quote. Go search it. I know it sucks that what you thought I said, wasn't true. You're a liar so it's expected.

I don't make future predictions on players, whether it's Perry or Mike Moustakas or whoever. I can't predict the future, I just call it at the point in time. You are only pissed because you are a homer who hates anyone criticizing poor play from his beloved teams. I see the same stuff on the Royals thread re: Moustakas and his .180 average.

ReynardMuldrake 06-08-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Email him your thoughts.

Does the LJ World post on ChiefsPlanet under the name Prison Bitch? Because that's who I was addressing.

ReynardMuldrake 06-08-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9737824)
"He's looked overwhelmed all year long."

-ReynardMuldrake, Feb 24 2013. 6:28pm

Nice cherry-picking. Cite the whole quote, douchebag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9433658)
I think Ellis just needs to build his confidence. He has the ability, but he's looked overwhelmed all year long.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9421982)
Anyone wanna defend that utter piece of shit Perry Ellis today? It was mildly amusing watchig him bobble a perfect lead pass downcourt out of bounds wide open on a break. Dribbling the ball out of bounds driving to the hole in the 2nd was the coup de grace.

He sucks so bad I can't even believe how bad he sucks. I've never, ever, been more disappointed with a player in almost 40 years of watching KU basketball. He was so overhyped it's not funny - altho some recruiting analysts did warn us all he has no athleticism. They were dead on.

Which one of us was wrong, now?

Pants 06-08-2013 03:54 PM

What a ****ing dumbass. ROFL

ReynardMuldrake 06-08-2013 04:00 PM

I have no respect for people who lie and spin their way out of the truth instead of admit that they were wrong. None at all.

Fansy the Famous Bard 06-08-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 9736678)
Im just shocked there are people who havent put PB on ignore yet.

We got rid of MU, why cant we shake that guy?

At least stop quoting him so those of us that have aren't forced to still see the drivel.

Braincase 06-08-2013 05:44 PM

Congrats to thr University of Kansas Women's Track and Field Team, 2013 NCAA Outdoor Champions!

Follows up their 2nd Place finish in the Indoor Season.

ArrowheadHawk 06-08-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9738154)
Congrats to thr University of Kansas Women's Track and Field Team, 2013 NCAA Outdoor Champions!

Wait, I thought Manhattan was title town?

sedated 06-08-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9738199)

The yankees havent won a title in a few years.

Ceej 06-08-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

I would think any national title would trump any conference title by a wide margin.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-08-2013 07:04 PM

The most successful athletic program in the state does not come from KSU.

Bambi 06-08-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9738294)
The most successful athletic program in the state does not come from KSU.

K State wins alot in the regular season but always spits the bit when it counts. They are the KC Chiefs of the 1990's-early 2000's. Nothing more.

Bambi 06-08-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9738154)

Time to shift some stuff over in the trophy case. Even though it's a bit full now. With all the Big 12 money coming in I guess we could build another wing.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-08-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 9738308)
K State wins alot in the regular season but always spits the bit when it counts. They are the KC Chiefs of the 1990's-early 2000's. Nothing more.

Prior to this year...which was very impressive, what had they accomplished in the last decade?

Bambi 06-08-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

I don;t think KSU has won a National Title in anything......ever.

But I could be wrong.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-08-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9738314)
Prior to this year...which was very impressive, what had they accomplished in the last decade?

It's all about national titles. And they have none.

CoMoChief 06-08-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9738220)
I would think any national title would trump any conference title by a wide margin.

Really?

You think a Women's Outdoor Track National Title is more important than Men's basketball winning it's 10th straight conference title at the Univ of Kansas?

Ceej 06-08-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9738359)
Really?

You think a Women's Outdoor Track National Title is more important than Men's basketball winning it's 10th straight conference title at the Univ of Kansas?

It was in reference to Titletown's basketball and baseball championships.

And wasn't this year #9?

Braincase 06-08-2013 07:44 PM

The point is that KU reeled in their 12th or 13th National Championship in something. KSU has yet to reel in anything outside of debate, bass fishing or soil judging.

Chiefspants 06-08-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 9738380)
The point is that KU reeled in their 12th or 13th National Championship in something. KSU has yet to reel in anything outside of debate, bass fishing or soil judging.

...And we have five debate national championships.

Chiefs Pantalones 06-08-2013 07:54 PM

Big news for us. Andrew Wiggins will train with KU rather than play for the Canadian National Team. He'll arrive on campus early next week.

ArrowheadHawk 06-08-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9738394)
Big news for us. Andrew Wiggins will train with KU rather than play for the Canadian National Team. He'll arrive on campus early next week.

Nice!

Chiefs Pantalones 06-08-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9738406)
Nice!

I was hoping he'd change his mind for chemistry purposes. Glad he's doing this because the rest of the team is back on campus I'm sure.

Mr. Laz 06-08-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

good sign

putting the team ahead of himself during whatever time he does have here

CoMoChief 06-08-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9738369)
It was in reference to Titletown's basketball and baseball championships.

And wasn't this year #9?

Oh I'm talking about this next season. Though I guess track is in the springtime of this same school season. damn seems like college hoops ended a year ago.

Im ready for MOAAAAR. Excited about this incoming class....gonna be the shit just like the 2005-06 frosh class.

CoMoChief 06-08-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9738406)
Nice!

Whats the point in playing for Canada in basketball when you're going to get much better training/practice at KU in the USA. And you're gonna get stomped by USA in these pan am games or whatever the hell they are during the summer.

And are any of those games on TV? It seems there have been a lot of KU, MU, KSU players that have played in these games in the offseason as well with other good college players and I never get to see them. Like didn't KU beat the Swiss national team or something? I wanna watch that shit on TV man.

Bambi 06-08-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Championship programs command this.

Mr. Plow 06-09-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9737330)

LMAO

Mr. Plow 06-09-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Email him your thoughts.

Oh, was he & everyone else calling Ellis a piece of shit & the worst basketball player ever to play at KU?

Mr. Plow 06-09-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 9738042)
I have no respect for people who lie and spin their way out of the truth instead of admit that they were wrong. None at all.

Seems like a good time to use a sig for the first time in my time on CP.

Ceej 06-09-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9739509)
Seems like a good time to use a sig for the first time in my time on CP.

ROFL

Game, set and match.

Baby Lee 06-09-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9736402)
Hardly.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9736727)

Both you grammarians missed dawning =! donning.

Ceej 06-09-2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9739524)

I knew I should have stuck with one to two syllable words.

ArrowheadHawk 06-09-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 9739524)

I think you mean !=

Prison Bitch 06-09-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9739499)
Oh, was he & everyone else calling Ellis a piece of shit & the worst basketball player ever to play at KU?

Go read the article and it'll answer your question.

Baby Lee 06-09-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 9739547)
I think you mean !=

Never claimed to be a math leet. ;) [crossing fingers hoping the pun isn't missed]

Mr. Plow 06-09-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 9739556)
Go read the article and it'll answer your question.

Look, I'm not going through this with you again. You were wrong. Your basketball IQ after watching "almost 40 years of KU basketball" is seriously low. So low that I really believe that you are lying about watching basketball for 40 years - I think a closer guess would be in the 5ish years. It's literally like you turned on the TV one day and saw KU playing and went "Hey, watching hockey isn't all that bad after all."

Pants 06-09-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9739719)
It's literally like you turned on the TV one day and saw KU playing and went "Hey, watching hockey isn't all that bad after all."

ROFL

Prison Bitch 06-09-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 9739719)
Look, I'm not going through this with you again. You were wrong. Your basketball IQ after watching "almost 40 years of KU basketball" is seriously low. So low that I really believe that you are lying about watching basketball for 40 years - I think a closer guess would be in the 5ish years. It's literally like you turned on the TV one day and saw KU playing and went "Hey, watching hockey isn't all that bad after all."

And you think Self and Zenger are lying to everyone about playing MU, lulz

Bambi 06-10-2013 10:01 AM

Good to see ADSZ get his first National Championship under his belt. Now additional projects can be pushed forward with less resistance. Congrats to Zenger, you've done well sir.

Ceej 06-10-2013 07:16 PM

KU Boobs will be no more after June 12th.

:(