ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher:Prodded by Andy Reid, Chiefs QB Alex Smith learning to be more aggressive (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273618)

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780121)
I've watched plenty of 49ers games over the past few years.

The statistical breakdowns only confirm what I saw on the field.

There is literally no way anyone can defend a QB who sucks on third down and doesn't throw the ball down the field.

It's a recipe for disaster.

SO disastrous that he led his team into overtime in the NFC Championship with crap wide receivers.

SO disastrous that he had the highest QB rating in the league before injury last year.

Yeah, you're right: That's disastrous. I'd just hate to see the same thing happen in Kansas City.

Mav 06-27-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780129)
I sure do, Dave.

I used to be one.

And instead now, you are just a major douche bag who hopes that his team fails because they didn't get the qb he wanted.

Id rather be the homer than the douche bag.

Mav 06-27-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780131)
SO disastrous that he led his team into overtime in the NFC Championship with crap wide receivers.

SO disastrous that he had the highest QB rating in the league before injury last year.

Yeah, you're right: That's disastrous. I'd just hate to see the same thing happen in Kansas City.

Also first in the league in YARDS PER ATTEMPT......

Ace Gunner 06-27-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9780118)
Honestly, I'd have to review it but there are a few factors such as letting your gameplan dictate the play call, player error, poor route design, as well as what you'd mentioned. I'll try to look at it and provide some cut ups of the route designs and the coverages if A) people are interested and B) the plays are in fact different.

eh, he was seeing similar formations/personnel -- not the same play calls tho. scroll the video I posted and the plays are at the end there.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9780138)

Irrelevant/GoChiefs

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9780138)

I've already debunked this idea that his high yards per attempt indicated anything positive. It didn't. Because he didn't throw the ball down the field. Literally threw fewer passes over 15 yards than MATT CASSEL.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780142)
I've already debunked this idea that his high yards per attempt indicated anything positive. It didn't. Because he didn't throw the ball down the field. Literally threw fewer passes over 15 yards than MATT CASSEL.

Debunked?

LMAO

How in the world can you deny that you've created a false narrative?

Have you lost your mind?

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780129)
I sure do, Dave.

I used to be one.

Yes, back before you knew shit about football.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780147)
Debunked?

LMAO

How in the world can you deny that you've created a false narrative?

Have you lost your mind?

Have you?

Alex Smith isn't good at any of the things that take teams to championships.

The ****er takes more sacks than...MATT CASSEL.

RunKC 06-27-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

It's funny you cite short passes as Geno Smith was the king of them.

It's also funny that overlook that a QB can be successful doing that. Hell Tom Brady threw 18 of his TD's from 10 yards or less. 18.

Big Ben threw 20 TD's from 0-20 yards downfield.

Mav 06-27-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

anything positive? 19-5-1? That seems pretty damn positive to me.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maverick91579 (Post 9780153)
anything positive? 19-5-1? That seems pretty damn positive to me.

27-7, baby!

Destruction. Enjoy it.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780150)
Have you?

Alex Smith isn't good at any of the things that take teams to championships.

The ****er takes more sacks than...MATT CASSEL.

And yet somehow, he had the highest QB rating in the league last year.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780175)
And yet somehow, he had the highest QB rating in the league last year.

How did that gosh darned Matt Cassel get a high QB rating in 2010?

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780158)
27-7, baby!

Destruction. Enjoy it.

False narrative.

Alex Smith is not Matt Cassel.

Andy Reid is not Todd Haley.

Need I go on?

New World Order 06-27-2013 05:15 PM

Dane and Alex Smith Fan will be eating shit after the year is over. I can't wait until Succop sets the record for most points in a season, which was previously set by David Akers of the 49ers, and who was quarterbacking the team during that year?

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780179)
False narrative.

Andy Reid is not Todd Haley.

Need I go on?

Say no more, homer. Your position is crystal. And will be shattered in due time.

RunKC 06-27-2013 05:17 PM

I wanna make a bet with Clay.

Alex Smith will score 25 TD's this year, barring injury.

You down?

BossChief 06-27-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

While that is true, it also shows that his short and midrange accuracy as well as his command of the offense were OFF THE CHARTS good to get that ypa while not consistently chucking it deep to achieve that stat.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:19 PM

No. Turds can hit 25 TDs. Especially athletic turds who can run scores in. It's a possibility.

Chris Meck 06-27-2013 05:20 PM

John Dorsey is not Carl Peterson or Scott Pioli.
Andy Reid is not Romeo Crennel, Todd Haley, Herm Edwards, Gunther Cunningham, Dick Vermiel or Marty Shottenheimer.
Geno Smith is not Andrew Luck.

To some, none of this registers.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9780192)
While that is true, it also shows that his short and midrange accuracy as well as his command of the offense were OFF THE CHARTS good to get that ypa while not consistently chucking it deep to achieve that stat.

That is true.

RunKC 06-27-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780195)
No. Turds can hit 25 TDs. Especially athletic turds who can run scores in. It's a possibility.

No running TD's. All have to be passes.

Sorter 06-27-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9780140)
eh, he was seeing similar formations/personnel -- not the same play calls tho. scroll the video I posted and the plays are at the end there.

1st down: Alignment: diamond Twins RT. Playcall: Zr 22 ace with built in Z screen. (I'm trying yo use basic terminology so bear with me). James runs a dive play with crabtree having a built in screen.

2nd down: Alignment: gun pats right(bunch). Personnel : Detroit (1back, 2te, 2wr). Playcall: x slant, y corner z diagonal.

3rd down: alignment: 9 slot tight, FAT(motion by crabs out of backfield) Playcall: x fade, and then a spacing concept in which the y(Davis) runs a corner and the z runs a desigjed pick to free crabs running the diagonal.

4th down: Alignment: pistol 1 out slot Playcall: sticks concepts with z fade.

Simpathy, you powerful ****ers, this is on a phone and not including coverages. As to the belief they ran the same play repeatedly, both the 2nd and 3rd down calls feature similar concepts.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780207)
No running TD's. All have to be passes.

Oh well in that case, I accept. Alex Smith doesn't have a prayer of throwing 25 TDs.

This will be an avatar + username bet. The winner has rights to the loser's set for one calendar year.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780187)
Say no more, homer. Your position is crystal. And will be shattered in due time.

My position is clear? What is my position?

I've been debunking your nonsense. Anyone with a brain that knows anything about football (which is rare on Chiefsplanet these days) can see right through the false narrative you've created.

For the record, I've never endorsed the Alex Smith trade although I think he was the best available QB this off season. I've never stated that Alex Smith will be a Top 15 QB nor have I stated that he will win a playoff game.

The only definitely statement I've made is that he is NOT Matt Cassel. That and the fact that you have created a narrative based on PFF stats only, pimped it, massaged it and convinced the dummies like SDH that it's true.

It's not.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9780181)
Dane and Alex Smith Fan will be eating shit after the year is over. I can't wait until Succop sets the record for most points in a season, which was previously set by David Akers of the 49ers, and who was quarterbacking the team during that year?

You must be related to SDH because you're just as clueless.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:28 PM

You took a position that Alex Smith is better than the QB he actually is. You scoff at the evidence I present, because you are a homer and want to believe in this QB. No other reason to treat these facts with such disdain.

RunKC 06-27-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780214)
Oh well in that case, I accept. Alex Smith doesn't have a prayer of throwing 25 TDs.

This will be an avatar + username bet. The winner has rights to the loser's set for one calendar year.

Alrighty, but on one condition. Alex Smith gets hurt and all bets are off.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780230)

Agreed.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780224)
You took a position that Alex Smith is better than the QB he actually is. You scoff at the evidence I present, because you are a homer and want to believe in this QB. No other reason to treat these facts with such disdain.

Oh, give me a break.

The mere fact that he's had a winning record the past two seasons and led the NFL in QB rating contradicts all of your "facts", which of course, you've hand-picked.

He's not Matt Cassel, yet you continually refer to him as if he IS Matt Cassel.

You make claims such as his presence won't improve the defense over last year, that he can't throw the ball downfield, etc. and so on, yet it's all untrue.

False narrative.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:33 PM

Winning seasons:

Matt Cassel - 2
Alex Smith - 1.5

Would you like to know more?

Quote:

he can't throw the ball downfield
He can't. He's been consistently terrible at it over the course of his career.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780239)
Winning seasons:

Matt Cassel - 2
Alex Smith - 1.5

Would you like to know more?

He can't. He's been consistently terrible at it over the course of his career.

Unbelievable.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 05:35 PM

I know, I can't believe Matt Cassel has had more winning seasons!

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780246)
I know, I can't believe Matt Cassel has had more winning seasons!

No, that you would include his stats from previous seasons.

You know, because THAT'S the guy Dorsey and Reid traded for in February.

:rolleyes:

Sandy Vagina 06-27-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9779979)
Just because Alex Smith didn't throw downfield very much doesn't mean he sucks at it.

Yep!

Did anyone ever really read this long article?

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/5...verages-part-3
Alex Smith - The Long Ball (Trends and Averages: Part 3)

Quote:

So it seems pretty settled, he didn’t throw the long ball much by anyone’s standard. But, how did he do (comparatively) when he did throw it?

Alex Smith is right there at the top in all six charts. (in extensive comparison to others like Flacco, Rodgers, Brady, and even Cassell for fun)

He had to "trend" his way to the top in his short game, but...
He has always been near the top in his throws over 20 yards (up there with Rodgers). Hmmm....

TD% doesn’t seem to be driven by "Arm Strength" but by talent. Rodgers and Brady lead in both categories. This shoots some holes in the theory that "weak armed" QBs have a harder time with late game drives or needed big plays.

Alex is right in the middle (above Cassel and Flacco) in both the short and long throws, but below our elites.

Smith is right at Flacco level in the LOS and 11-20 range.
Smith has "trended" to the upper level in his 1-10 yard throws
Smith is second behind Rodgers in 30-40 yard throws
Smith is second behind Flacco is over 40 yard throws
Aaron Rodgers is the frickin’ man. Period. We should get that guy.
So Smith completed the ball, but did he move the ball down the field?

Smith is again in the top half
Smith is right near Flacco in the short game and AAYPA, but well above him in the +20 yard range.
This stat - Like TD% - seems to be driven more by talent than arm strength
So, in terms of actually throwing the long ball, completing his throws, scoring TDs, and affecting the team by moving the ball, Alex Smith is all right in the long game. He is not elite, but these charts show that his long game actually appears more efficient than his short game, which has really improved over the years. Arm talent certainly does matter, but not quite as much as I would have thought before I did this analysis.

BigMeatballDave 06-27-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780230)

Don't worry. Clay will be gone when they win their 9th game. :)

Marcellus 06-27-2013 05:48 PM

LMAO

Clay is awesome at ****ing his own argument he has tried this shit before.

Only that jacking off idiot could claim having the highest yards per pass attempt is a bad thing. LMAO

****ing clueless idiot. LMAO

BossChief 06-27-2013 05:56 PM

I posted this a few months ago, but it BEGS to get repeated...

If you take Alex Smiths average per attempt and touchdowns per attempt for 2012 and multiply them by the amount of attempts Eagles quarterbacks had last year...here's what you get:

4989 yards
37 tds

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9780271)
LMAO

Clay is awesome at ****ing his own argument he has tried this shit before.

Only that jacking off idiot could claim having the highest yards per pass attempt is a bad thing. LMAO

****ing clueless idiot. LMAO

I never claimed it was a bad thing.

All I claimed was - and this is accurate - is that it doesn't mean what people think it means.

He doesn't throw the ball down the field. His YPA is deceptive.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780250)
No, that you would include his stats from previous seasons.

You know, because THAT'S the guy Dorsey and Reid traded for in February.

:rolleyes:

I only included his stats from 2011 and 2012.

In those seasons -

shitty on third down

doesn't throw down the field

sacked more than anyone else in the NFL

All that for 2 2nds!

Sandy Vagina 06-27-2013 07:08 PM

3rd down conversions fall on the TEAM and playcalling, yeah?

Is it the QB's fault if it is 3rd and 15 and the playcall is a designed clear-out that is meant to get YAC that just doesn't happen? Harbaugh and Roman called lots of those plays... because they figured at best, convert... at worst, better field position to punt. Is that type of failed conversion the QB's fault?

How about a dropped pass in and out the hands of a receiver on 3rd down?
How about a receiver that runs his route a yard shy?
How about a RB that runs into a brick wall and can't get his 2 yards needed?
How about a receiver that runs the wrong route or can't beat a jam?
How about OL pass pro failures?

All of these things factor in..

It's really a shame that your mind is so incredibly poisoned against Smith. It will leave with only two avenues. (1) Smith plays well and you will hate him for it. (2) Smith plays poorly and your team sucks.

Either way, you lose. Your level of hate for this guy is epic. As a supposed Chiefs fan, you should really be ashamed of yourself. You sound like a butthurt loser throwing a fit because KC didn't follow your gameplan... and DaneMcC and others have helped to make you look utterly pathetic.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780363)
I only included his stats from 2011 and 2012.

In those seasons -

shitty on third down

doesn't throw down the field

sacked more than anyone else in the NFL

All that for 2 2nds!

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 07:17 PM

I know, right?

What's not to like?

At his PEAK...this guy was a check down artist that got sacked a shit ton.

RunKC 06-27-2013 07:21 PM

You could also say he was sacked a lot because his OL as a whole sucked ass for most of his career and Harbaugh purposely told him to take sacks.

BossChief 06-27-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780428)
You could also say he was sacked a lot because his OL as a whole sucked ass for most of his career and Harbaugh purposely told him to take sacks.

:facepalm:

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780428)

No.

RunKC 06-27-2013 07:35 PM

Interesting. In 2011, PFF ranked the 49ers OL as the 26th best pass blocking OL and said G's Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder were dumpster fires.

I guess Harbaugh didn't want them back in 2012 because of Alex Smith making them look bad.

FYI, they were still dumpster fires in Arizona last year.

Sandy Vagina 06-27-2013 07:35 PM

RunC does speak truth here, though Alex has to take some blame on occasion. Our OL pass pro leaves much to desire, and often gets overrated because of their run blocking. Kaepernick's obviously superior in evading sacks... making our pass pro look better than it is.. but Alex did a lot of this as well. The pass pro was a contributing factor into why we didn't throw more deep passes. It was as if during every huddle, the OL would discuss and decide which one was gonna screw up the next block attempt. Things did get better once Boone was inserted at RG, but he wasn't without growing pains.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780456)
Interesting. In 2011, PFF ranked the 49ers OL as the 26th best pass blocking OL and said G's Chilo Rachal and Adam Snyder were dumpster fires.

I guess Harbaugh didn't want them back in 2012 because of Alex Smith making them look bad.

And last year it was 7th.

And Alex Smith was on pace for 50 sacks.

He LOVES to take sacks. When he gets up in the morning, the first thing he does is take a sack.

RunKC 06-27-2013 07:50 PM

It sounds an awful lot like Alex Smith will be making more throws, but most of the throws will be short or intermediate.

RunKC 06-27-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780499)

He LOVES to take sacks. When he gets up in the morning, the first thing he does is take a sack.

Sure his coach telling him to take sacks has nothing to do with this.

LoneWolf 06-27-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780499)

What was their ranking before Kaepernick took over and they started running the spread option? I'd be willing to bet it wasn't 7th.

Sandy Vagina 06-27-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780512)
Sure his coach telling him to take sacks has nothing to do with this.

Yep!

Quote:

Today, offensive coordinator Greg Roman echoed what Smith said Wednesday – there are worse things than sacks. And the worst alternative is a turnover, which is to be avoided at all costs.

It’s clear Smith has been instructed to err on the side of caution when he’s under pressure, which helps explain all those sacks
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/09...t-take-a-sack/

Damn you, QB, for listening to your coaches!!!! :p

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 07:56 PM

You idiots. We already went over this MONTHS AGO. Alex Smith was the most sacked QB in the NFL on a per-snap basis last season.

HE LOVES GETTING SACKED. IT'S A HOBBY OF HIS.

RunKC 06-27-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780535)
You idiots. We already went over this MONTHS AGO. Alex Smith was the most sacked QB in the NFL on a per-snap basis last season.

HE LOVES GETTING SACKED. IT'S A HOBBY OF HIS.

Well yeah of course he gets sacked. Anytime he was pressured, his coach demanded he take a sack.

Sounds like his OL put him in positions to take a sack quite a bit.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780535)
IT'S A HOBBY OF HIS.

Like you and false narratives.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780541)
Like you and false narratives.

False as in "real facts."

Most sacked QB in the NFL.

Glad he's ours.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9780538)
Well yeah of course he gets sacked. Anytime he was pressured, his coach demanded he take a sack.

No. His pass protection was good. He takes too long to read defenses and holds the ball.

Fat Elvis 06-27-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780214)

You already have a sig bet that you are going to lose.....

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 08:04 PM

Indeed. And a ban bet.

I bring the pain.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780543)
False as in "real facts."

Most sacked QB in the NFL.

Glad he's ours.

Yeah, because you're so impartial.

The guy hasn't played a single down yet your 230th screen name is Alex Smith HATER.

mcaj22 06-27-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

no his progression reads are ****ing slow because hes always gun shy to fit it in a tight window to WR1. So its either to the TE or check down and he cant get there quick enough

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9780566)
no his progression reads are ****ing slow because hes always gun shy to fit it in a tight window to WR1. So its either to the TE or check down and he cant get there quick enough

Who were his receivers in 2011 and 2012?

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780565)

Most sacks on a per snap basis is pretty cut and dry.

No bias whatsoever.

Watch him play, too. Downright Casselian in his ability to respond to pressure. Pants shat all over the place.

mcaj22 06-27-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780573)
Who were his receivers in 2011 and 2012?

and who is his WRs going to be on the Chiefs? Bowe and then nobody.

at least he had a top TE on the 49ers. Who is he throwing to on this team at TE? Anthony Fasano? Brokedick Moeaki? I laugh just thinking about these "weapons" on the Chiefs.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9780580)
Most sacks on a per snap basis is pretty cut and dry.

No bias whatsoever.

Watch him play, too. Downright Casselian in his ability to respond to pressure. Pants shat all over the place.

Right.

That's why he was an overtime loss away from the Super Bowl and had the best QBR in the league last year. Because he's Matt Cassel.

How can you type this nonsens with a straight face?

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9780597)
and who is his WRs going to be on the Chiefs? Bowe and then nobody.

at least he had a top TE on the 49ers. Who is he throwing to on this team at TE? Anthony Fasano? Brokedick Moeaki? I laugh just thinking about these "weapons" on the Chiefs.

You failed to answer my question.

TheUte 06-27-2013 08:13 PM

Aaron Rodgers
Season:2012 PASSING
CMP ATT YDS CMP %AVG LNG TD INT SACK RAT
371 552 4,295 67.2 7.78 73 39 8 51 108.0

Yeah taking sacks is the end of the world.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 9780618)
Aaron Rodgers

Doesn't fit my false narrative/GoChiefs

Ace Gunner 06-27-2013 08:25 PM

welp :)

BossChief 06-27-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780565)

The guy hasn't played a single down yet your 230th screen name is Alex Smith HATER.

What's wrong with not liking a move "before he has even played a down in KC" all of a sudden?

Trading For Cassel was a bad move as was drafting Tyson Jackson.

Some of US (including YOU) thought we knew that before either had played a down for us.

And we were right.

BossChief 06-27-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Or his coaches recognized the flaw in Alexs game and worked around it...choosing the lesser of two evils.

What does that say about a quarterback when his coaches would rather see him take a sack rather than throw the ball past 20 yards?

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9780677)
What's wrong with not liking a move "before he has even played a down in KC" all of a sudden?

Trading For Cassel was a bad move as was drafting Tyson Jackson.

Some of US (including YOU) thought we knew that before either had played a down for us.

And we were right.

There's nothing wrong at all with disliking the trade.

But GoChiefs has created a false narrative about Alex Smith and pushed his agenda for months on end.

He makes general statements are disproven as relative constantly, such as taking sacks just one reason why he's "bad", yet when it's pointed out that Rodgers took more, he's silent.

When discussing his QBR, he's silent. When discussing his completion percentage, he's silent. When discussing the overtime NFC Championship, the only reason they were there according to him, was defense. On and on and on.

It's intellectually dishonest and a false narrative.

BossChief 06-27-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheUte (Post 9780618)
Aaron Rodgers

Let me know when Alex Smith throws for 4300 yards and 39 touchdowns.

So far, the only comparable aspect is their amount of sacks taken.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9780689)
Or his coaches recognized the flaw in Alexs game and worked around it...choosing the lesser of two evils.

What does that say about a quarterback when his coaches would rather see him take a sack rather than throw the ball past 20 yards?

Why use 20 yards as a determining factor?

I'm sure that you also realize that the 49ers have an average at best receiving corp that was even worse in 2011 (no Randy Moss, not that he was special). I actually believe they've been well below average but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

That said, he didn't have anyone to stretch the field. He was also very accurate on short and intermediate throws, which is paramount to success in a WCO.

BossChief 06-27-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780698)

But GoChiefs has created a false narrative about Alex Smith and pushed his agenda for months on end.

He makes general statements are disproven as relative constantly, such as taking sacks just one reason why he's "bad", yet when it's pointed out that Rodgers took more, he's silent.

When discussing his QBR, he's silent. When discussing his completion percentage, he's silent. When discussing the overtime NFC Championship, the only reason they were there according to him, was defense. On and on and on.

I agree, to an extent.

I guess I just see a whole new chapter of Chiefs football starting that smells eerily similar to other chapters I've had to endure.

Matt Cassel and Alex Smith were drafted the same year and Matt Cassel has more touchdown passes to his credit.

How is that even possible?

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9780704)
Let me know when Alex Smith throws for 4300 yards and 39 touchdowns.

So far, the only comparable aspect is their amount of sacks taken.

Alex Smith beat Rodgers head to head last year. He also had a higher QBR, so I think your statement is incorrect.

Hammock Parties 06-27-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9780698)

I have not. I have only stated the facts.

He's a quarterback with issues in every facet of his game. Those issues place him far below the best QBs in this league.

FYI, I don't care about how many sacks Aaron Rodgers takes. He's elite. Alex Smith isn't even ****ing close...and him taking a lot of sacks is ****ing awful because he can't make up for it in the least. This isn't hard to understand, but you and others have chosen to be homers.

DaneMcCloud 06-27-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9780734)
I agree, to an extent.

I guess I just see a whole new chapter of Chiefs football starting that smells eerily similar to other chapters I've had to endure.

Matt Cassel and Alex Smith were drafted the same year and Matt Cassel has more touchdown passes to his credit.

How is that even possible?

It's possible because Smith didn't play for a real NFL head coach until 2011, which also happened to be the first season he had any semblance of an offensive line.

And his receiving corp has always been poor.