ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Lex Luthor 03-12-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8443828)
Wtf? So no matter how u die they will be a zombie no matter what? Even if a zombie didnt get u? Am i the only one who has a problem with that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8443873)
Its like that in the comic as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8443874)
That's always been the way this zombie world works. It's the way it works in the comics as well. It's what people have been speculating that the doctor said to Rick way back at the end of season 1: "We're all infected."

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8443904)
And they've been suggesting for a while now that everybody comes back after death since the end of season 1, but we finally got real confirmation of that.

Bump obviously never saw the original Night of the Living Dead, which was probably the first of the modern zombie movies. It explained very clearly that all newly dead people come back as flesh-eating zombie monsters.

If the only way to become a zombie is to be bitten by a zombie, how in the hell could there be so many zombies all of a sudden, anyway?

notorious 03-12-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8443964)
One of the other interesting touches I noticed:

They made Shane make zombie-like noises quite a few times throughout that episode prior to turning. They made him very zombieish before he even died. When he comes in to sort of talk to the kid in the barn, he sounds like a zombie. He also does when he smashes his face into the tree.

Maybe the human immune system can only fight it for so long.

Bowser 03-12-2012 07:41 AM

Nice nod to the comics to have Carl finish off Shane, even if you could see that result coming a mile away.

KC_Lee 03-12-2012 07:44 AM

Great episode from the opening scene to the end.

Anyone else think that Lori set up the final "duel" between Rick and Shane? In one episode she puts the "Shane is crazy" bug in Rick's ear and then she tells Shane that she does not know who's kid she is carrying. She played each of them off of each other.

L.A. Chieffan 03-12-2012 08:12 AM

why are there 5000 walkers just hanging out right next to the house?

NewChief 03-12-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8444042)
Maybe the human immune system can only fight it for so long.

Yeah. I was just thinking as artistic foreshadowing (which this show is excellent about if you watch episodes twice or read plot summary/spoiler prior to watching an episode). This show is really developing artistically. It's a little heavy handed with the symbolism at times, but I really like the almost allegorical feel they're achieving.

Deberg_1990 03-12-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8444112)

There was mention that the creekbed was protecting the farm, and is now drying up. But yea, that was slightly over the top.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bowser 03-12-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Damned hippie zombies living in the forest.

Chiefnj2 03-12-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Swamp is gone and they suddenly have a hankering for beef.

Anyone else have a problem with Randall telling Shane that his camp of 30 some odd people is only 5 miles away next to a major road?

notorious 03-12-2012 08:29 AM

The scene/set that shows Shane and Rick facing each other on the hill in the moonlight was absolutely fantastic.

Bowser 03-12-2012 08:29 AM

And the gunshot brought them. Carl gets Dale killed, kills Shane, now it looks like the farm is toast.

Carl, we're not saying you ****ed up, but you ****ed up.

Otter 03-12-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8444170)
And the gunshot brought them. Carl gets Dale killed, kills Shane, now it looks like the farm is toast.

Carl, we're not saying you ****ed up, but you ****ed up.

Yeah, I'd say the farm is finally a thing of the past. About time I might add.

Ricks a ninja when it comes to the quick kill with either knife or gun. Awesome episode.

NewChief 03-12-2012 08:35 AM

The zombie "herd" is from the comics.

Quote:

Zombies follow and mimic each other, which can result in enormous herds traveling together, "walking nonstop, following a sound they've all forgotten," as Abraham put it.

Deberg_1990 03-12-2012 08:37 AM

I'm guessing Hershel goes down with his farm next week....
Posted via Mobile Device

Huffmeister 03-12-2012 08:40 AM

I like the fact that they're willing to kill off two major characters in back-to-back episodes.