ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

Woodchuck 10-21-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9037170)
Pretty funny how even this class of QBs that looked strong with just the seniors took a ****ing nose dive half way through the college season.

QB and DT are the weaksest positions in this class and always have been. There are a couple of decent prospects at the top and the rest is crap. However, there is nothing close to a "sure thing" or "real deal." This is not a good year to be picking a QB at the top of the draft but, we don't really have a choice.

BossChief 10-21-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9037163)
I disagree,

It's not about a poor gameplan or being out coached because of halftime adjustments or something like that. It's about getting owned. It's about the system offense that West Virginia runs. It is fair to question whether Smith is a product of that system offense because so far he hasn't proven otherwise. Also, where was the leadership? Why did he pace around with a smug look on his face? Last week he sat by the gatorade. We need better than that in KC. That's what we have for leadership right now.

Just STFU with your ignorant takes.

He was an effective passer in a completely different system as a sophmore.

In his sophomore year, Smith completed 241 of 372 passes (65%) for 2763 yards, throwing 24 touchdowns and 7 interceptions, and rushing for 217 yards on 106 attempts in his first year as the starting quarterback.[4]

Reaper16 10-21-2012 08:30 PM

Air Raid offense teams tend to get blown out from time to time. It happens.

Woodchuck 10-21-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9037182)
Just STFU with your ignorant takes.

He was an effective passer in a completely different system as a sophmore.

In his sophomore year, Smith completed 241 of 372 passes (65%) for 2763 yards, throwing 24 touchdowns and 7 interceptions, and rushing for 217 yards on 106 attempts in his first year as the starting quarterback.[4]

That's great. Have you seen him run a play action pass? He looks like a High School QB. He is the most overhyped prospect in some time in my opinion. We'll know soon enough.

It's kind of funny how you have hitched your wagon to this guy who hasn't really done jack shit. I question the guy and you call me ignorant?

Are these common tactics for the Church of Geno-ology? What's your motive? To squash any attempts of Geno mutany? I want the best QB KC can get. I'm not about stats or hype. I want a leader and a winner.

RealSNR 10-21-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

I disagree,

It's not about a poor gameplan or being out coached because of halftime adjustments or something like that. It's about getting owned. It's about the system offense that West Virginia runs. It is fair to question whether Smith's success is from being a product of that system offense because so far he hasn't proven otherwise. Also, where was the leadership? Why did he pace around with a smug look on his face? Last week he sat by the gatorade. We need better than that in KC. That's what we have for leadership right now.

What BossChief said. Do your ****ing homework.

Also, are we really to the point where we do these tickytack judgments of a QB's leadership based on where he is on the sideline during big losses? For ****'s sake, give me a break.

Woodchuck 10-21-2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9037193)
What BossChief said. Do your ****ing homework.

Also, are we really to the point where we do these tickytack judgments of a QB's leadership based on where he is on the sideline during big losses? For ****'s sake, give me a break.

Where was he before it was a big loss? You guys are buying too much into the stat bullshit.

BossChief 10-21-2012 08:47 PM

<script type='text/javascript' src='http://WVILL.images.worldnow.com/interface/js/WNVideo.js?rnd=646081;hostDomain=www.wvillustrated.com;playerWidth=640;playerHeight=380;isShowIcon=t rue;clipId=7865167;flvUri=;partnerclipid=;adTag=Station%25205;advertisingZone=;enableAds=true;landin gPage=;islandingPageoverride=false;playerType=STANDARD_EMBEDDEDscript;controlsType=overlay'></script><a href="http://www.wvillustrated.com" title="WVU Football, WVU Basketball, News - Mountaineer Sports ">WVU Football, WVU Basketball, News - Mountaineer Sports </a>

Priest31kc 10-21-2012 08:51 PM

JFC...The overreaction on here over 2 bad games is just ****ing reeruned, but not surprising.

I would still trade up to get Geno in a heartbeat. 2 bad games doesn't outweigh what he's done his whole career, and it doesn't mean his physical skills and mental capabilities have just disappeared either.

If 2 bad games = Not good, then I guess every QB to ever play the game on any level sucks then.

Woodchuck 10-21-2012 08:55 PM

I'm not sure what your point is Bosschief? The interview is pretty run of the mill. I like that he ditched the hat. He says he needs to be a better leader on the sidelines which is good but, it's hard for me to see him magically changing. It's not like this was the first game he did nothing to rally the troops. He doesn't seem to have any "Tebow" in him LOL.

Woodchuck 10-21-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9037238)
JFC...The overreaction on here over 2 bad games is just ****ing reeruned, but not surprising.

I would still trade up to get Geno in a heartbeat. 2 bad games doesn't outweigh what he's done his whole career, and it doesn't mean his physical skills and mental capabilities have just disappeared either.

If 2 bad games = Not good, then I guess every QB to ever play the game on any level sucks then.

The overreaction was putting that high in the first place imo.

DaneMcCloud 10-21-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9037255)
The overreaction was putting that high in the first place imo.

I can't believe that you've returned.

Don't you feel any shame, let alone have any pride?

Sorter 10-21-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

I disagree,

It's not about a poor gameplan or being out coached because of halftime adjustments or something like that. It's about getting owned. It's about the system offense that West Virginia runs. It is fair to question whether Smith's success is from being a product of that system offense because so far he hasn't proven otherwise.

Uhh, they didn't run the AirRaid until last year...

BossChief 10-21-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9037253)
I'm not sure what your point is Bosschief? The interview is pretty run of the mill. I like that he ditched the hat. He says he needs to be a better leader on the sidelines which is good but, it's hard for me to see him magically changing. It's not like this was the first game he did nothing to rally the troops. He doesn't seem to have any "Tebow" in him LOL.

1) find a tall building
2) place a thumbtack somewhere within 10 feet of the base of the building...pin side up.
3) somehow get access to the roof of said building
4) get a good idea of where you placed that thumbtack
5) jump and aim for it with your head and just do your best. We all know you will probably miss, but its the effort that counts.

BossChief 10-21-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9037261)
I can't believe that you've returned.

Don't you feel any shame, let alone have any pride?

He probably got laughed off the Coalition, too.

Sorter 10-21-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9037273)
He probably got laughed off the Coalition, too.

Wow. I thought they let just about anyone stay over there?