ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

keg in kc 01-30-2013 01:05 PM

Nobody is saying Bray was good or that he should be drafted high. People are saying there's a possibility that a team falls in love with his measurables and drafts him earlier than expected despite his performance. Most folks here would probably agree he badly needed another year in school.

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9364904)
Nobody is saying Bray was good or that he should be drafted high. People are saying there's a possibility that a team falls in love with his measurables and drafts him earlier than expected despite his performance. Most folks here would probably agree he badly needed another year in school.

That's one opinion. For sure. Absolutely. America.

I just disagree and think he will go from a possible 4th rounder to a 5th/6th rounder after the combine. Would be absolutely ecstatic if the Chiefs drafted him though.

duncan_idaho 01-30-2013 01:08 PM

Speaking of old times...

I'm going to pour one out for Logical. I started posted on this board when I was 19. That version of me thought Logical was just about the coolest guy around, especially when he started talking about all the essays he wrote about new torture methods. I remember trying to model my posting style after him, too.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-30-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9364910)

I just disagree and think he will go from a possible 4th rounder to a 5th/6th rounder after the combine. Would be absolutely ecstatic if the Chiefs drafted him though.

I don't see him making it to the 4th even if he shits the bed during the combine...

milkman 01-30-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9364915)
Speaking of old times...

I'm going to pour one out for Logical. I started posted on this board when I was 19. That version of me thought Logical was just about the coolest guy around, especially when he started talking about all the essays he wrote about new torture methods. I remember trying to model my posting style after him, too.

I was still in my 30s when I started posting at the old Star board.

Jim was just a couple of years older than me.

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9364917)
I don't see him making it to the 4th even if he shits the bed during the combine...

Only one way to find out.

keg in kc 01-30-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

You wildly underestimate the league's ability to make stupid decisions. We're talking about people that thought Mark Sanchez was worth not just the 5th pick, but trading other picks to get to it. People who thought it made sense to draft Tim ****ing Tebow in the first round.

If we're talking what *I* think, I wouldn't touch Bray in a million years. But it's not about what I think. It's about the league annually falling in love with size and arm strength between February and April, and all but disregarding game film.

duncan_idaho 01-30-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9364898)
I'm all about drafting Bray in the 2nd if we go full reerun in the first...

That said, I don't think he needs/can put on 10lbs [muscle] by the combine to be desireable...

I'm not really a fan of his, but I've no doubt that teams CAN fall in love with Bray.

It's all about how committed he has been since his season ended.

If he started working out HARD after the end of the fall semester, I don't think 10 pounds are out of the question (he was listed at 215 to start the season, so who knows whether he was up or down at the end. Most guys go up...). That's a little higher than the 2 pounds/month an average person can handle.

Tribal Warfare 01-30-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9364838)
Read it again. Laughed again.

Bray is trash, if he actually let's more people see him play, he will sink like a rock more than ever. Plus he is incredibly dumb. He better call in sick for the Wonderlic test.

He's not trash the kid had WRs with shitty hands and coach who got by because of his name and not his ability to teach.

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9364926)
You wildly underestimate the league's ability to make stupid decisions. We're talking about people that thought Mark Sanchez was worth not just the 5th pick, but trading other picks to get to it. People who thought it made sense to draft Tim ****ing Tebow in the first round.

If we're talking what *I* think, I wouldn't touch Bray in a million years. But it's not about what I think. It's about the league annually falling in love with size and arm strength between February and April, and all but disregarding game film.

Except Tebow was actually GOOD in college. When you are good in college, you get overrated and reached for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9364934)
He's not trash the kid had WRs with shitty hands and coach who got by because of his name and not his ability to teach.

Keep that one in your pocket for when you guys draft him then. I can grab some of the one liners we used for Gabbert in case you need new ones.

duncan_idaho 01-30-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Mike Glennon is getting first-round buzz.

Bray had a superior season in a much better conference and has a more elite arm.

It's not a stretch at ALL to say if Bray displays enough FOCUS and DEDICATION at the Combine to overcome concerns about those things, and his arm talent shows like it can, teams are going to buy it and move him up the board.

It happens time after time with QBs and the NFL. Guys that "fit the mold" get a lot of leeway.

keg in kc 01-30-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9364940)
Except Tebow was actually GOOD in college. When you are good in college, you get overrated and reached for.

If you're defending the Tebow pick in any way, shape or form, then you're not even worth talking to.

Might as well hop on board the Collin Klein draft train.

B14ckmon 01-30-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9364941)
Mike Glennon is getting first-round buzz.

Bray had a superior season in a much better conference and has a more elite arm.

It's not a stretch at ALL to say if Bray displays enough FOCUS and DEDICATION at the Combine to overcome concerns about those things, and his arm talent shows like it can, teams are going to buy it and move him up the board.

It happens time after time with QBs and the NFL. Guys that "fit the mold" get a lot of leeway.

Glennon is also considered to have a high football IQ and really good at reads. Bray is known as a meathead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9364946)
If you're defending the Tebow pick in any way, shape or form, then you're not even worth talking to.

Might as well hop on board the Collin Klein draft train.

How is me saying teams reached for him, defending him? Do you know what "reaching" means in the draft?

htismaqe 01-30-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9364889)
Donnell "The Dominator" Bennett.

We don't need Priest Holmes, we have Tony Richardson.

htismaqe 01-30-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9364926)

Egg-****ing-zackly.