ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

htismaqe 11-21-2012 08:52 AM

Got my 2-handed skill up high enough that I get a clean decapitation about 1 in 5 fights now. ****ing brutal.

I love this game.

HC_Chief 11-21-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9138835)
Got my 2-handed skill up high enough that I get a clean decapitation about 1 in 5 fights now. ****ing brutal.

I love this game.

Heh, my HW used maces; brutal smash w/ decapitation = satisfying. :evil:

Of course my stealth character w/ one-shot sniping (bow) and instant throat-slash kills w/ dagger (sneak attack) were pretty darn fun...

Fire Me Boy! 11-21-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9138835)

I love this game.

That's one style I've never tried... two-handed weapons are so slow. I'm a stick-and-move kinda fighter.

My latest character was a thief, so I've worked a lot on pickpocketing. If you've not played that style, I highly recommend it. I'm lever 48 or so and have trained every level... I haven't paid for even one session of training, even my first level.

htismaqe 11-21-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 9138866)
Heh, my HW used maces; brutal smash w/ decapitation = satisfying. :evil:

Of course my stealth character w/ one-shot sniping (bow) and instant throat-slash kills w/ dagger (sneak attack) were pretty darn fun...

I use bow/stealth at times. 1-shot kills are rare (skill is still too low) but when they do happen, they are inspiring. :D

htismaqe 11-21-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9138874)
That's one style I've never tried... two-handed weapons are so slow. I'm a stick-and-move kinda fighter.

Actually, I'm playing stick and move too. 2-handed weapons with high Block skill and light armor.

I basically walk into every battle with my 2h sword in block position. I move around and let them hit me until that inevitable pause and then I swing once and they are dead. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9138874)
My latest character was a thief, so I've worked a lot on pickpocketing. If you've not played that style, I highly recommend it. I'm lever 48 or so and have trained every level... I haven't paid for even one session of training, even my first level.

You can accomplish the same using followers. Just train and then have them give you back your gold. :D

Fire Me Boy! 11-21-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9138897)
Actually, I'm playing stick and move too. 2-handed weapons with high Block skill and light armor.

I basically walk into every battle with my 2h sword in block position. I move around and let them hit me until that inevitable pause and then I swing once and they are dead. ;)

You can accomplish the same using followers. Just train and then have them give you back your gold. :D

Yes, but there aren't too many trainers that can be followers. That's how I started - at level 1 got Faendal in Riverwood as a follower, then did training in archery until I could level a couple perks in pickpocket. Then you can train wherever you want and just steal the money back.

bsp4444 11-21-2012 09:36 AM

My sneak is at a perfect 100, archery and destruction spells at 80, so I try to kill from afar, but I end up losing a lot of followers that way.

htismaqe 11-21-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 9138937)
Yes, but there aren't too many trainers that can be followers. That's how I started - at level 1 got Faendal in Riverwood as a follower, then did training in archery until I could level a couple perks in pickpocket. Then you can train wherever you want and just steal the money back.

Yeah, it really depends on what skills you want to train because the selection, if you're depending on followers, is limited.

I can't pickpocket, my character isn't a thief. And I can't train with Faendal - he hates me. No way I was siding with a ****ing elf over the true Nord, Sven. Free Skyrim! :D

htismaqe 11-21-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9138970)
My sneak is at a perfect 100, archery and destruction spells at 80, so I try to kill from afar, but I end up losing a lot of followers that way.

Hehe.

I keep screaming Lydia to get out of the way as I hit her in the back with my 2-hander. LMAO

Fire Me Boy! 12-03-2012 09:28 AM

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/12/03/d...pc-early-2013/

Quote:

Dragonborn coming tomorrow to Xbox LIVE. Coming to PS3 and PC early 2013.

We’re less than 24 hours away from unleashing Skyrim’s next add-on Dragonborn on Xbox LIVE. It’s one of our most ambitious add-ons ever and we’re excited for everyone to play it.

We’re also happy to announce Dragonborn will be available on PS3 and PC early next year.

The support from Skyrim fans over the last year has been amazing, and it’s driven us to support Skyrim more than any game we’ve ever released – including free content updates, modding tools like the Creation Kit and the Skyrim Workshop, and our add-ons, Dawnguard and Hearthfire.

And we’re still not done – we look forward to sharing more Skyrim news next year!

htismaqe 12-03-2012 12:34 PM

I gotta stop starting over. Some of the bugs in this game are maddening as hell.

Kinda wish I was playing it on 360 but oh well.

RustShack 12-03-2012 09:44 PM

At least PS3 is finally getting something.. bleeeh sick of waiting!

Crush 12-04-2012 06:12 PM

Anyone else download Dragonborn yet? It kicks ass so far.

HC_Chief 12-04-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9138989)
Hehe.

I keep screaming Lydia to get out of the way as I hit her in the back with my 2-hander. LMAO

I sent those bitches packing once I was able to obliterate any groups of targets stupid enough to cross my path. The mules just got in the way.

Besides, Lydia's whining "I am sworn to carry your burdens" (I swear I can see her roll her damn eyes as she says it) was as annoying as her jumping in front of my attacks.

Early in the game, when dealing with freaking Falmer, those mules were invaluable. Hit level 40, they lose purpose.

htismaqe 12-05-2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 9181443)
I sent those bitches packing once I was able to obliterate any groups of targets stupid enough to cross my path. The mules just got in the way.

I'm playing on Master difficulty and I'm currently only 10th level - never would have gotten even that far without a follower.

On Master, followers become super turtle tanks, able to absorb massive amounts of damage. So when you come up against a 2-hander or fire mage (which do double damage on Master), you bait them into attacking your follower instead of one-hit killing you. :D

Plus, I need her to carry stuff because I pick up EVERYTHING. Damn OCD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 9181443)
Besides, Lydia's whining "I am sworn to carry your burdens" (I swear I can see her roll her damn eyes as she says it) was as annoying as her jumping in front of my attacks.

ROFL

My wife even laughs when she says it - she says it sounds like her. ROFL She's so submissive and polite in EVERYTHING she says - until you ask her to carry something for you and then she becomes a ****ing nag.

I got so tired of hearing it, I actually considered keeping Sven and telling her to sit at Breezehome and cook me some vegetable stew.