ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life 2012 Fat Loss Challenge (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254378)

Renegade 01-15-2012 07:37 PM

Down 8.5 after one week of hitting it hard. I have been doing Weight Watchers online, and it is working for me. I know this may not be the route for others, but I like the tracking. 30-60 minute workouts 5 days a week is just gravy on top.

Buck 01-16-2012 06:08 AM

Okay, tonight was really fun until really late.

I didn't eat shit today except for some peanuts.

I got a text from a former person....and now I'm all out of sorts. WTF. Can't sleep. Took some sleeping meds.

Tomorrow should be interesting.

Nzoner 01-16-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 8300121)
Typical Day

-Breakfast: 3 eggs, 4 slices of Bacon
-Snack: 1 oz of Almonds
-Dinner: 1 Chicken Thigh or Breast or 10 oz steak with asparagus

Water all day, sometimes tea or coffee. Crystal Light occasionally.

I lost 82 lbs in 10 months on low carb,one of my favorite meals was taco salad without any shell or chips.

BTW,I'm down to 216.4,made it through play-off weekend drinking Crown on the rocks and not one drop of beer.

mnchiefsguy 01-16-2012 12:42 PM

Second weigh in was meh for me. Down a little, but not much. (271.6). Down almost 10 pounds from the start, but I probably need to cut the carbs further back. It is just really, really tough living without breads and pasta!

Still trying to stay gluten free as well, have noticed that while it has not enhanced any weight loss, it has had a very positive impact on my blood sugar.

Started exercising on the Wii yesterday, and will hit it everyday this week and see what that does for things.

Ceej 01-16-2012 01:23 PM

So, I've found an alternative for pop.

I've been buying the flavored water from walmart. It's 64 cents. No calories, sugars, fat. But, it has Aspartame - which I've heard isn't the best for my body.

Thoughts?

Ceej 01-16-2012 01:26 PM

Wrong thread, sorry guys.

Predarat 01-16-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8302611)
Wrong thread, sorry guys.

That is actually useful in this thread.

Buck 01-16-2012 05:17 PM

The Franchise 01-17-2012 11:59 AM

I'm not weighing in until it's time.

The bad thing right now is I've had to spend all of my time working on the house we just bought. The good thing is all of that work is kicking my ass.

luv 01-17-2012 12:26 PM

Going to an infrared spa after work Thursday. A half hour session burns a few hundred calories.

The Franchise 01-17-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8305363)
Going to an infrared spa after work Thursday. A half hour session burns a few hundred calories.

Do you just sit there the entire time?

luv 01-17-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8305375)
Do you just sit there the entire time?

Yes. It's heat. You burn calories from your body working to maintain it's core temperature. It's also good for joint pain and relaxing muscles. They say that the best time to go is right after you work out.

Frosty 01-17-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8305399)
Yes. It's heat. You burn calories from your body working to maintain it's core temperature. It's also good for joint pain and relaxing muscles. They say that the best time to go is right after you work out.

How does that work - burning calories to reduce heat? If anything, it should reduce calorie burn to reduce the heat load.

Most of the research I have seen relates to using cold to up the calorie burn. An ice bath is effective, though not nearly as pleasant.

luv 01-17-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 8305438)
How does that work - burning calories to reduce heat? If anything, it should reduce calorie burn to reduce the heat load.

Most of the research I have seen relates to using cold to up the calorie burn. An ice bath is effective, though not nearly as pleasant.

Reading a little closer, it's more for detoxification. It also increases cardiovascular circulation. It aides weight loss by speeding up the metabolic process of vital organs and endocrine glands resulting in substantial caloric loss. Weight loss isn't the main goal. I also did a 10-day cleanse, which I can already tell after day 7 has helped a lot. Out with the bad stuff and in with the good stuff. I think the sauna sessions will help. It's chilly this week, but the spa is only about 1 1/2 miles from my house, so as soon as it warms up out a little, I am going to starting walking there.

Frosty 01-17-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8305460)
It aides weight loss by speeding up the metabolic process of vital organs and endocrine glands resulting in substantial caloric loss.

LMAO

It should feel great, though. Stress relief is healthful.