ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 04-05-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8519900)
I've heard reports that Westbrook lost weight and is looking much better. If he can improve, in the short term it could make up for Carpenter's loss. I don't think anyone wants to see Carpenter on the DL long term, but they shouldn't try to hurry him back before he's ready.

I was in Jupiter and watched Westbrook pitch his last spring training game about 4 rows behind home plate.

Westbrook was sharp and his balls, all of his pitches had good movement.

BigRedChief 04-05-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8519846)
Actually his last two pitches were both 90+ mph sliders, and that is just unfair. He doesn't even need to throw that pitch for a strike most of the time, hitters will chase it. Also, his 99 mph letter high fastball to the previous batter was a thing of beauty.

If Motte can get hitters to chase that 90+ mph slider he has a very high ceiling. 98/99 mph fastball and a 91 mph slider....thats an all-star combination.

Marcellus 04-05-2012 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8520387)
I was in Jupiter and watched Westbrook pitch his last spring training game about 4 rows behind home plate.

Westbrook was sharp and his balls, all of his pitches had good movement.

:eek:

Frazod 04-05-2012 06:06 PM

One of my Cub fan friends posted a link on Facebook to the latest silly-ass One Day We'll Win! song, this one by Eddie Vedder. Says it's a new anthem for Cub fans.

I replied: "The Cardinals have an anthem. It's by Queen, called WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. Can be played to actual footage of Going All The Way!"

I may be getting defriended soon. :evil:

veist 04-05-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8520451)
One of my Cub fan friends posted a link on Facebook to the latest silly-ass One Day We'll Win! song, this one by Eddie Vedder. Says it's a new anthem for Cub fans.

I replied: "The Cardinals have an anthem. It's by Queen, called WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS. Can be played to actual footage of Going All The Way!"

I may be getting defriended soon. :evil:

Troll Level: Master

Mi_chief_fan 04-06-2012 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8519846)
Actually his last two pitches were both 90+ mph sliders, and that is just unfair. He doesn't even need to throw that pitch for a strike most of the time, hitters will chase it. Also, his 99 mph letter high fastball to the previous batter was a thing of beauty. With Scrabble and Salas working the setup role, I am pretty damn confident about the bullpen. I am out of the loop, what's the deal with Sanchez? Last year he had perfect setup man stuff before he got hurt.

Here's a tweet from Brian Walton on Sanchez from last night's game in OKC:

Eduardo Sanchez' 9th inning for Memphis: 2 BB, HBP, 2B for 2 RBI, IBB, K, DP to end game. 2 R allowed, but gets ugly save. Mem 4, OKC 3.

Marcellus 04-06-2012 03:05 PM

Showing some pop today. 4 HR's through 3 innings.

DJ's left nut 04-06-2012 03:08 PM

They went HR, HR, BB, HR, BB to start the 3rd.

The top of the order - not too shabby.

Frazod 04-06-2012 03:23 PM

Anybody actually watching the game? I wonder what sort of reception they got from the Brewers fans.

I assume it wasn't overly cordial. :D

Scott Pilgrim 04-06-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8522112)
Anybody actually watching the game? I wonder what sort of reception they got from the Brewers fans.

They were loud at the start... not so much anymore

Marcellus 04-06-2012 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8522112)

Didn't hear many boos for the Cards but they gave Braun a 2 minute standing ovation. LMAO

Cheering a cheater is all they got now.

Frazod 04-06-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 8522121)
Didn't hear many boos for the Cards but they gave Braun a 2 minute standing ovation. LMAO

Cheering a cheater is all they got now.

Hey, a little respect - after all, they are defending NL Central Champions.

*snicker*

Jewish Rabbi 04-06-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8522124)
Hey, a little respect - after all, they are defending NL Central Champions.

*snicker*

They gave him the MVP chants his second time up.

Jewish Rabbi 04-06-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8522092)
They went HR, HR, BB, HR, BB to start the 3rd.

The top of the order - not too shabby.

As Horton said... Falling into old habits of only scoring on home runs. :D

KC_Connection 04-06-2012 03:45 PM

All of those people cheering Braun were the same people booing Bonds for years.