ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs have the #1 scoring defense in football after 5 weeks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277217)

aturnis 10-08-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10065966)
And in our situation, with our qb trying to become more aggressive and trust his wrs more, they absolutely matter.

I agree with the overall thought here, they happen. But in this situation, they are more troublesome.

Less than 3 drops per game average. The ones to Avery against the Giants were low throw mostly of I remember right.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2013 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10065973)

Btw-Romo had a top 10 defense in 2007, 2008 and 2009 and guess what? He STILL choked. Why? Because that's who he is.

He choked by going 32-13 over that time period?

aturnis 10-08-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

It's amazing. The only people shitting on a QB who is playing lights out in the 4th quarter with a shitty OL and a TE off the street are the Geno fans.
He's not doing Drew Brees type 50 yard bombs and you're crying. Wow

GTFO

Btw-Romo had a top 10 defense in 2007, 2008 and 2009 and guess what? He STILL choked. Why? Because that's who he is.

He's played all well enough to deserve individual praise in one game.

RunKC 10-08-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10065976)
He choked by going 32-13 over that time period?

2007-Playoff loss against NYG. Choke.
2008-Played like shit in a crucial last game of the year to Andy Reid's Eagles in a "get in or go home" game.
2009-Got anally raped by the Vikings in the playoffs.

Choker.

aturnis 10-08-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

It's amazing. The only people shitting on a QB who is playing lights out in the 4th quarter with a shitty OL and a TE off the street are the Geno fans.

GTFO

How many points did his defense give up in the games when they got knocked out of the playoffs?

O.city 10-08-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

GTFO

Clays shitting on Alex because it's hit last leg to stand on here, he's been comically wrong about everything else and it's all he's got left.

I'm not shitting on the guy, I'm just saying he's got to be better than he's been so far, which hasn't been great, but not bad. He's been average save for the fourth quarters.

That's not a bad thing, but if we want to make a deep run, he needs to be better, along with everyone else on the offensive side of the ball as well, the entire game.

Like second half of the giants game. With our defense, if he plays like that, were a top 5 team and we've got a chance.

O.city 10-08-2013 10:51 PM

Romo didn't play well in those games. But since 2009, he's absolutely carried a shit roster. Maybe he will get over the hump, maybe he's a choker, yet to be seen.

But I think he gets a. Shit ton of blame that's undeserved

aturnis 10-08-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10065984)
Clays shitting on Alex because it's hit last leg to stand on here, he's been comically wrong about everything else and it's all he's got left.

I'm not shitting on the guy, I'm just saying he's got to be better than he's been so far, which hasn't been great, but not bad. He's been average save for the fourth quarters.

That's not a bad thing, but if we want to make a deep run, he needs to be better, along with everyone else on the offensive side of the ball as well, the entire game.

Like second half of the giants game. With our defense, if he plays like that, were a top 5 team and we've got a chance.

I agree with you. I just expect more.

I said earlier, I can deal with lackluster efficient offense if he can get better on third down. Otherwise this is unsustainable.

As for playing with Denver, if he plays like he did against the Giants, we have a chance, but or defense has to do something nobody has done yet. Hold the Donkeys to 30 or less.

Chiefs=Champions 10-08-2013 10:56 PM

Sorry. Ive been as bigger Alex Smith hater as anyone, but he has played very well. I see evidence of his play improving from week 1 to week 5 and i see no reason why his play cant continue to improve.

aturnis 10-08-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 10065997)
Sorry. Ive been as bigger Alex Smith hater as anyone, but he has played very well. I see evidence of his play improving from week 1 to week 5 and i see no reason why his play cant continue to improve.

He played like shit Sunday. Good enough to win though.

O.city 10-08-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 10065995)
I agree with you. I just expect more.

I said earlier, I can deal with lackluster efficient offense if he can get better on third down. Otherwise this is unsustainable.

As for playing with Denver, if he plays like he did against the Giants, we have a chance, but or defense has to do something nobody has done yet. Hold the Donkeys to 30 or less.

I don't necessarily expect more NOW, it's still early in the evolution of this offense. The good thing is that there have been signs, it's just lacking consistency.

O.city 10-08-2013 11:00 PM

He's played good when it matter, and there's absolutely something to be said about that. But he needs to be more consistent.

Hopefully Reid keeps getting more out of him.

aturnis 10-08-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10066003)
He's played good when it matter, and there's absolutely something to be said about that. But he needs to be more consistent.

Hopefully Reid keeps getting more out of him.

Barely 50% comp, 0 TD 1INT and 1/12 on 3rd down Sunday.

Hammock Parties 10-08-2013 11:03 PM

Cassel would have been absolutely torn to shreds over going 1 for 12 on third down the last four years.

Barely a peep about it here.

Thank God Alex put up 13 big goddamn points (defense was responsible for two field goals + a TD)

http://i.imgur.com/3bOnjcA.jpg

aturnis 10-08-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10066012)
Cassel would have been absolutely torn to shreds over going 1 for 12 on third down the last four years.

Barely a peep about it here.

Than God Alex put up 19 big goddamn points.

I think we put the ball in Smiths hands on 3rd and short way too often. Jamaal deserves those opportunity.