ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   I Hate Cops!!!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=114310)

jettio 04-17-2005 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Hey, I'm really starting to like you. In the past I've noticed quite a few members of this board that don't like the ACLU. I've protested that the ACLU is all that stands between the citizen and the gubment. I really appreciate your attitude regarding the cops. Thank God there are guys like you to keep the cops off of us. My "Ace" lawyer died about 20 years ago of cancer. I wasn't afraid of anybody while Charlie was around. Now I cower in fear of any rookie with an agenda. Bless you, brother.

Thank you.

:thumb:

KCWolfman 04-17-2005 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio
Nope.

He did have his black skin on that night, but he did not get charged for that.

I don't know what his color has to do with it, unless you are attempting to garner a higher return from the city in which the offense occurred.

If you can prove a pattern of blacks being pulled over and harassed, you would have a point - until then it is merely wild speculation.

That said, if your friend is being honest, the cop should have stepped down. He should also have to compensate your friend for the harrassment.

jettio 04-17-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman
I don't know what his color has to do with it, unless you are attempting to garner a higher return from the city in which the offense occurred.

If you can prove a pattern of blacks being pulled over and harassed, you would have a point - until then it is merely wild speculation.

That said, if your friend is being honest, the cop should have stepped down. He should also have to compensate your friend for the harrassment.

The cop did not resign because of this incident, but the way he handled it showed that he did not have any business being a cop.

I think he resigned because he realized that himself.

KCWolfman 04-17-2005 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio
The cop did not resign because of this incident, but the way he handled it showed that he did not have any business being a cop.

Again, if your friend is accurate, I agree.

Dartgod 04-18-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENDelt260
A cop gave me a good laugh yesterday... and, I'm guessing, gave another person an angry rant like Skip's.

I was sitting at an intersection, light turns green, I start to go, and the car immediately to my left slams on their brakes and their horn starts blaring. A blazer decided to run the red light and make a left turn in front of me and this other car. I remember commenting on what an asshole the driver was... but, I felt that a sufficient job of honking had been done by the guy to my left.

I had my window down, and I could hear the engine revving on the car to my left. I figured the guy was pissed and was gonna speed up to the asshole to give him the finger or something. Hell, maybe I'd even see a fistfight. At that point I glanced out my window at the car to my left... and saw the light bar in the back windshield. The dipshit ran a red light and cut off a cop in an unmarked car.

I slowed down to let the cop in front of me so he could pull over the asshole, then proceded to laugh my ass off. Man, talk about a bonehead move.

Hehe. Many years ago, I was leaving the parts store I worked at and as I turned onto the street, I absolutely lit up the tires on my El Camino. Just as tires are really beginning to boil, I look to my left and there's a cop sitting in the parking lot across the street. I just went ahead and pulled into the next lot and waited for him to come over. :banghead: :banghead:

He was real cool about it, though, and only gave me a warning. :thumb:

Then another time, a Lee's Summit cop wrote me an Exhibition of Speed ticket for BARELY chirping my tires after turning onto the road. Karma's a bitch, I guess.

BIG_DADDY 04-18-2005 12:23 PM

Quote:

Shortly before noon I was driving in downtown Claremore, Ok when the flashing lights come on behind me. The first thing the cop asks is if I knew why he stopped me. I said no. He said defective exhaust system. (My van doesn't smoke at all and isn't at all loud.) In the squad car he runs my tag and finds nothing amiss. He gives me a warning ticket for defective exhaust and never says a word about my exhaust. He says I am free to go but he wants to ask me another question. Do I have any drugs, alcohol, guns, knives or bombs in the van. I say no. He says do I mind if he checks. I say he has no reason to search my van so he calls for a drug dog crew. He says my eyes are bloodshot so I must be doing drugs. Now I not free to go all of a sudden. The drug dog doesn't hit on the van so the dickhead finally lets me go. This is outrageous bullshit. From a bogus defective exhaust warning to searches and drug dogs because he doesn't like the looks of my eyes. Where is this shit going to end?

Welcome to the new America Skip.

Skip Towne 04-18-2005 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
Welcome to the new America Skip.

Yeah, ain't it great? The really disturbing part is that it keeps getting worse and nobody seems to care. I can't imagine what it will be like 50 years from now.

BIG_DADDY 04-18-2005 01:04 PM

Quote:

Yeah, ain't it great? The really disturbing part is that it keeps getting worse and nobody seems to care. I can't imagine what it will be like 50 years from now.

You're singing to the choir man. The number of banned substances goes up every year. The amount of laws we have goes up every year, nothing ever comes off the books. Almost everything is a felony now, remember when you used to have to do something really bad to get one of those? The incarceration rate of this county went up 10 fold in 20 years. We are now producing more career criminals than ever before with no end in sight. All of this is going on and most people even here at the Planet could give a shit as long as there is still steak on the table.

Spott 04-18-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Then another time, a Lee's Summit cop wrote me an Exhibition of Speed ticket for BARELY chirping my tires after turning onto the road. Karma's a bitch, I guess.

Lee's Summit cops have always sucked. The last ticket I got in Missouri was a ticket for warning of radar by a Lee's Summit cop. I was doing the customary flashing of my brights to warn oncoming traffic of a speed trap and another L.S. copy gave me a ticket for it.

About 2 years before that I got arrested and charged with disturbing the peace for flipping off a cop.

Saulbadguy 04-18-2005 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY
All of this is going on and most people even here at the Planet could give a shit as long as there is still steak on the table.

Most of the people who could give a shit less are the people who aren't engaged in illegal activities in the first place.

Now, i'm not saying I agree with the alot of the laws, especially those of which are contradictory, but i'm not going to break them just because I don't like them. I keep hearing about how things are changing, and our rights are being infringed upon...

..but mine have yet to be. I suppose i'll develop a different attitude when they are.

Swanman 04-18-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott

About 2 years before that I got arrested and charged with disturbing the peace for flipping off a cop.

Disturbing the peace for flipping off a cop? Good thing you used the sign language version instead of yelling F-You at the cop, you may have been charged with aggravated assault.

munkey 04-18-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Marshall Law. :shake: