ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Walterfootball.com has KC picking #8 overall (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264168)

tredadda 09-26-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8953282)
It does.

But again - I wasn't impressed with him last season. His stats were fine, but I didn't like what I saw in his game at all.

So when I see the guy struggling, I'll give him some deference for the situation, but it's also going to confirm my thought that he was overrated from the jump.

OK, fair enough.

RealSNR 09-26-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8953249)
Geno Smith plays in a Dana Holgorson offense that is anything but pro style. There is some offensive talent at WVU as well. Not trying to downplay him or build up Wilson, but things need to remain n perspective when evaluating both of them. Smith is lighting it up against clearly inferior teams. I want to see how he does against a team with a more stout defense if they play against any this year.

When the spread protects a QB from pressure and allows him to sit back and lob shit to receivers less than 15 yards downfield, then it's not very impressive.

Geno Smith has faced terrible teams, but regardless of that he's faced intense pressure in games and still found way to extend plays and make things work nicely.

He faces off against #25-ranked Baylor this Saturday on FX. He could be in for quite a ride in a shootout. I think if he proves he can win games like this consistently, he's absolutely the real deal. And I'm pretty confident he'll do well in this matchup.

DJ's left nut 09-26-2012 08:01 PM

Texas and OU will tell a lot - how can he handle premium athletes on the defensive side of the ball?

K-State will tell even more - how can he handle smart, disciplined football teams that are going to be coached to the hilt and won't beat themselves.

We'll know what we need to know about Geno Smith this season, of that I am certain.

O.city 09-26-2012 08:02 PM

The reason the media knocks spread guys is that the spread used to be a more run oriented throw second type teams that hid qbs. Basically the tebow spread.

Now, it does tnd to hurt qbs because they don't really learn the progression side of it

Bewbies 09-26-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8953310)
The reason the media knocks spread guys is that the spread used to be a more run oriented throw second type teams that hid qbs. Basically the tebow spread.

Now, it does tnd to hurt qbs because they don't really learn the progression side of it

Which is why so many rookies are coming into the league and tearing it up.

BossChief 09-26-2012 09:18 PM

Wilson basically threw hos teammates under the bus after missing the Alabama game, too.

Very antileader, if you ask me.

Mr_Tomahawk 09-26-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8953435)
Wilson basically threw hos teammates under the bus after missing the Alabama game, too.

Very antileader, if you ask me.

Is our franchise in the position to pass on a player like Wilson because he called out his team after getting shutout? Its not like he punched a teammate or something...

BossChief 09-26-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8953443)
Is our franchise in the position to pass on a player like Wilson because he called out his team after getting shutout? Its not like he punched a teammate or something...

What's the difference? Both of those acts are things a true leader should NEVER do.

Those comments were every bit as bad (or worse) than Cassel saying he "graded out perfectly after throwing 4 picks against Buffalo.

If/when we draft a high first round quarterback, I sure hope he is the kind of player that inspires his teammates, not the opposite.

RealSNR 09-26-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8953443)

Nick Foles was in Wilson's position last year and also underwhelmed people in his last season.

Foles didn't throw his team under the bus, but his draft stock dropped pretty far after being thought of as a potential top-10 pick to begin last year. It's the responsibility of the pro team to take this into account when deciding whether or not to draft the guy.

I'm sure Wilson's a hard worker and a good guy, but that's just something you don't do. You can bet your ass pro teams are going to grill him about it when he does his interviews.

Wilson's gotta turn on the jets now, I think. No more pussyfooting around. He's in danger of dropping out way past the top 10 at this rate.

BossChief 09-26-2012 10:22 PM

Foles defense and his poor pro day absolutely screwed the shit out of his draft stock worse than a few lines of coke did for Mallett.

DJ's left nut 10-02-2012 12:03 PM

Well that didn't take long:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Geno #1 to the Browns. He has us taking the unbelievably over-hyped Tyler Wilson.

Fortunately Wilson will be down to a 2nd round draft grade by draft time. Here's hoping Bray enters.

swayy07 10-02-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 8970473)
Well that didn't take long:

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Geno #1 to the Browns. He has us taking the unbelievably over-hyped Tyler Wilson.

Fortunately Wilson will be down to a 2nd round draft grade by draft time. Here's hoping Bray enters.

idk i think Holmgren gets at least another year and if he gets another year then so does Weeden and are u really gunna spend back to back first round picks on qb's?

RealSNR 10-02-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swayy07 (Post 8970488)
idk i think Holmgren gets at least another year and if he gets another year then so does Weeden and are u really gunna spend back to back first round picks on qb's?

He values the position enough that he was willing to piss away a first rounder on Brandon Weeden.

You bet your ass he'd spend another on a QB

The Franchise 10-02-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8970527)
He values the position enough that he was willing to piss away a first rounder on Brandon Weeden.

You bet your ass he'd spend another on a QB

There is no way that the Browns have the #1 pick and pass up on Smith.

Arrow 10-02-2012 12:25 PM

Wilson is so hard to figure out. Does he actually suck, or is it a lack of weapons? Same time, he's gone from one bankrupt coach to another. And John L. Smith is crap.