ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News JWhit doubles down on Guns, NRA, KKK (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267341)

blaise 12-05-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9183089)
I didn't even give an opinion on gun control but for merely suggesting that discussion is open, Frazod alluded that i was his enemy and should die in a fire and Big Daddy suggestion i was a traitor to American.

At least that's was i gathered from what they said

So yea, i would say people's right to discuss gun control is being frown upon, at the very least.

people yelling for Costas to be fired for discussing the subject.

I know, i know ... people have a right to talk and other people have a right to attack the person talking. :rolleyes:

reminds me some of the Dixie Chicks stuff

"How dare they be critical of the President Bush .... Death to President 0bama!!!!"

Yeah, no one said you should have your right to talk taken away, but nice try on the initial analogy, all star.

Frazod 12-05-2012 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9182573)
For what it is worth we all live at the mercy of others. If someone wanted you dead you would be dead and there is nothing you could do about it.

Well, duh. Having a gun doesn't make me immortal, any more than having the same scope on my rifle that Seals use makes me a Seal. If somebody wants to snipe me through the window, there's not much I can do about it. Since I do obey the laws of the Peoples Republik of Illinois, if somebody wants to shoot me while I'm in my car, or on the way to my office in Chicago, there's not much I can do about that, either. If my house gets stormed by a SWAT team, or a dozen terrorists with automatic rifles, or angry aliens, I'm pretty much screwed. But if some lowlife thief breaks into my house in the middle of the night, I like my chances. If some sort of civil unrest breaks out and an angry mob starts heading my way, I feel pretty good about my odds of persuading them to pillage in another direction. And those last two scenarios are far more likely than the first three.

And as for jAZ's question about the line, let's just say that if there's a line to be drawn, I want to be the one drawing it, not some liberal douche politician who lives in a gated community with armed security guards. I don't live in such a place. If the guy breaking in to my normal house has a knife, I want a pistol. If he's got a pistol, I want a rifle. If he's got a rifle, I want a bigger rifle. If he's got a Molotov cocktail, I want a grenade. If any of these ****ing dildos who talk about the founding fathers wanting all of us to have muskets can provide evidence that criminals have started exclusively arming themselves with flintlocks, maybe I'll sell my existing guns and pick up a nice Kentucky rifle. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

And it's not like I'm paralyzed with fear over this shit. I just want to be prepared. I live in a nice area - I mean, it's not like I'm 60 miles from the Mexican border or anything.

Bob Dole 12-05-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9183129)
All this crap is why I don't have a conceal and carry permit and buy used firearms from individuals that I know. No records, my names not on a list and I can legally carry a loaded pistol in my console in a holster with a velcro strap over the hammer (2 step process) I'm good to go.

Just because you have a concealed carry permit and a weapon you purchased through a licensed dealer, doesn't mean you don't have used firearms without a paper trail...

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-05-2012 04:02 PM

Bill O'reilly interviewed Bob Costas today.

Frazod 12-05-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9183089)
I didn't even give an opinion on gun control but for merely suggesting that discussion is open, Frazod alluded that i was his enemy and should die in a fire and Big Daddy suggestion i was a traitor to American.

At least that's was i gathered from what they said

So yea, i would say people's right to discuss gun control is being frown upon, at the very least.

people yelling for Costas to be fired for discussing the subject.

I know, i know ... people have a right to talk and other people have a right to attack the person talking. :rolleyes:

reminds me some of the Dixie Chicks stuff

"How dare they be critical of the President Bush .... Death to President 0bama!!!!"

I didn't say you should die in a fire specifically. :)

HonestChieffan 12-05-2012 04:14 PM

Dont be bringing up the Dixie Chicks. That could ruin everything.

rockymtnchief 12-05-2012 04:17 PM

Here's my issue, whenever someone posts, blogs, tweets something stupid, racist, etc... nobody pipes up and calls for a ban on free speech.

Whenever there's terrorism, genocide, or war over religion nobody calls for a ban on religions.

Abortion isn't as big of issue as it once was even though 1.2 million were performed in 2008.

However, gun control is shoved down our throats anytime a gun is used in murder, suicide, and even in self defense. And the anti-gun crowd won't budge on their opinion. Most, not all, have never been around guns, held a gun, or known someone that uses it to feed their family or protect their property. They base their opinion on fear or ignorance. They won't debate, budge or discuss the issue. They know what's right for them, you, and myself.

Frazod 12-05-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockymtnchief (Post 9183180)
Here's my issue, whenever someone posts, blogs, tweets something stupid, racist, etc... nobody pipes up and calls for a ban on free speech.

Whenever there's terrorism, genocide, or war over religion nobody calls for a ban on religions.

Abortion isn't as big of issue as it once was even though 1.2 million were performed in 2008.

However, gun control is shoved down our throats anytime a gun is used in murder, suicide, and even in self defense. And the anti-gun crowd won't budge on their opinion. Most, not all, have never been around guns, held a gun, or known someone that uses it to feed their family or protect their property. They base their opinion on fear or ignorance. They won't debate, budge or discuss the issue. They know what's right for them, you, and myself.

Exactly. And while somebody who wonders why I get all shitty because he supports "reasonable" gun control laws, I would remind that person that the gun control lobby isn't run by reasonable people. It is run by people WHO WANT TO TAKE AWAY ALL OUR GUNS, PERIOD. That's their endgame. Waiting periods, handgun bans, "assault" weapon bans, these aren't ultimate goals - they're just stepping stones.

Is there anybody out there naive or delusional enough to believe that these people will stop when they reach one of these milestones? The easy, undeniable answer is NO. Unlock one achievement, move on to the next. And so on and so on. This is what they do. The anti-smoking pricks laid out the blueprint for them - first it was pulling ads off TV. Okay, that's reasonable. Then no smoking on planes. Yeah, it is a small, enclosed space - why not? Then it was the workplace - okay, I'll go to the lounge. Then they took the lounges away. And now they're taking outside away, and even trying to stop people from smoking in their own ****ing homes. THIS IS THE MINDSET WE'RE UP AGAINST, AND IF YOU DON'T REALIZE THIS, YOU'RE A FOOL.

And you can't fight extremism with reason. If you want to fight the rats, you've got to get in the sewer with them. Sucks, but it is what it is.

A Salt Weapon 12-05-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 9182575)
I'm just curious if we all agree that there is not an unrestricted right to "bear arms". Or if anyone believes that there is no restriction that is constitutional, in their view.

I believe that any restriction what so ever is unconstitutional.

rockymtnchief 12-05-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9183214)
Exactly. And while somebody who wonders why I get all shitty because he supports "reasonable" gun control laws, I would remind that person that the gun control lobby isn't run by reasonable people. It is run by people WHO WANT TO TAKE AWAY ALL OUR GUNS, PERIOD. That's their endgame. Waiting periods, handgun bans, "assault" weapon bans, these aren't ultimate goals - they're just stepping stones.

Is there anybody out there naive or delusional enough to believe that these people will stop when they reach one of these milestones? The easy, undeniable answer is NO. Unlock one achievement, move on to the next. And so on and so on. This is what they do. The anti-smoking pricks laid out the blueprint for them - first it was pulling ads off TV. Okay, that's reasonable. Then no smoking on planes. Yeah, it is a small, enclosed space - why not? Then it was the workplace - okay, I'll go to the lounge. Then they took the lounges away. And now they're taking outside away, and even trying to stop people from smoking in their own ****ing homes. THIS IS THE MINDSET WE'RE UP AGAINST, AND IF YOU DON'T REALIZE THIS, YOU'RE A FOOL.

And you can't fight extremism with reason. If you want to fight the rats, you've got to get in the sewer with them. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Yup, take take take and no give. :clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-05-2012 04:37 PM

CHARLTON HEZTON IS MYYYY PREZIDENTZ!!!!

Is it possible to want to rip someones arm off and them beat them to death with it?

HonestChieffan 12-05-2012 06:48 PM

Illinois ....Gun...State Senator...dumbass

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6048413.story

Frazod 12-05-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9183510)

Heh. Well, at least he's pro gun.

Oh wait, they're all pro gun - as long as it's for THEM PERSONALLY.

CrazyPhuD 12-05-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 9183510)

What I want to know is what is he going to use the clip for? Did he bring a Garand in his carryon too? Oh and after some years when I should already have I finally joined the NRA...thanks Whitlock!

Frazod 12-05-2012 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 9183641)
What I want to know is what is he going to use the clip for? Did he bring a Garand in his carryon too? Oh and after some years when I should already have I finally joined the NRA...thanks Whitlock!

Heh. That takes an eight round clip.