ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Texting in the theater in Florida? I don't think so... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280643)

CosmicPal 01-14-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370302)
Yes it does. Several people on here have stated he was shot for just texting which is laughable. He was shot because he got into an altercation with an old fart with a gun. The texting led to the altercation but it did not lead to the shooting.

Once again, I am not on the side of the old fart. I don't have enough evidence one way or the other to make any analysis but it does sound like the dipshit will be spending some time in jail.

Absolutely correct. The texting is may have started it, but this is nothing more than a sad case of two folks who let their egos get in the way. Had the guy who was texting been more courteous to those around him AND had the old guy been a little more patient, this would never have escalated to two strangers standing up and facing each other in a public theater.

They BOTH mishandled this poorly. It should never have escalated to someone feeling like he needed to pull a gun on the other.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370302)
Yes it does. Several people on here have stated he was shot for just texting which is laughable. He was shot because he got into an altercation with an old fart with a gun. The texting led to the altercation but it did not lead to the shooting.

Once again, I am not on the side of the old fart. I don't have enough evidence one way or the other to make any analysis but it does sound like the dipshit will be spending some time in jail.

Ok. You're just stating what everyone already knows.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10370198)
Death for texting during a movie preview seems extreme to me, regardless of the headline. Your mileage may vary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10370311)
Ok. You're just stating what everyone already knows.

:hmmm:

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-14-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370325)

You're so literal

J Diddy 01-14-2014 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 10370298)
The shooter will probably get off as self defense. He thought the guy's smart phone was a stun gun...

The senility defense. Nice.

Just Passin' By 01-14-2014 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370325)

Either you didn't read the thread or you're just being an asshole. I'm the one who linked to the follow up story about the popcorn being thrown and quoted it.

BigRichard 01-14-2014 10:51 PM

I don't remember reading it in the story but did the guy have his gun drawn already and pointed at the guy when he threw the popcorn? Or did he draw and fire after he was hit with the popcorn?

This could make a huge difference in the trial if it gets to one.

beach tribe 01-15-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10369923)
Or maybe he was able to vent his anger in some way during his police years.

Like I said. Probably not the first person he murdered. He was just on duty before.

Was probably why he was promoted to Captain. For taking out the "bad guys".

beach tribe 01-15-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370786)
I don't remember reading it in the story but did the guy have his gun drawn already and pointed at the guy when he threw the popcorn? Or did he draw and fire after he was hit with the popcorn?

Yup. I mean the guy had a weapon.

Popcorn.

Popcorn.

VAChief 01-15-2014 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10369709)
:thumb:

Not enough info but we know the guy is guilty no matter what because the guy was "just texting". Was there something that happened between the texting and the guy getting shot? Sounds to me like there was a hell of a lot going on.

We know the police talked to witnesses who did not see any punches thrown. We know the defense attorney is claiming the bag of popcorn thrown is cause to fear for your life. We know this isn't the first time he has harassed movie goers.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2014 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DenverChief (Post 10369114)
:spock: you don't have to be batshit crazy to be a bad driver or make bad decisions. There is a reason most 70 something people live in a elderly care home

Most 70 something people live in an elderly care home? Are you serious? Go to Branson, MO sometime and check out the people in their 90's running around on vacation. You're off on the age demographic here. No way in hell "most" people in their 70's are living in a nursing home.

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2014 10:29 AM

No doubt in my mind that this dude thought stand your ground would protect him. Oops. Now his 71 year old asshole is going to get pruned nightly in prison by kids half his age avenging their absent fathers. ROFL Sorry, couldn't help myself...

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-15-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10371177)
No doubt in my mind that this dude thought stand your ground would protect him. Oops. Now his 71 year old asshole is going to get pruned nightly in prison by kids half his age avenging their absent fathers. ROFL Sorry, couldn't help myself...

I agree. Dude was just waiting to be "attacked"

Lock his stupid ass up

Radar Chief 01-15-2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 10371177)

I tend to doubt he thought that far ahead. Read the bio on this guy, he’s a man of authority that isn’t used to being told to get bent much less have some smart ass punk throw something at him. I’m willing to bet his reaction is based on emotion and pride.

hawkchief 01-15-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 10370786)

I hope this is sarcastic.