ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What kind of HC do you want next? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265653)

R8RFAN 10-26-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9051144)
I bet Oakland would have been in a better place right now if he were still their coach. I like the guy.

Plus, if Pioli tried to tell him what to do he would kick his ass! LOL

Today we probably would have been ... But this season for us has been coming for a long time, time to pay the piper

King_Chief_Fan 10-26-2012 12:55 PM

let's try one of these:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...m6-f7w58y-CekQ

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9051220)
He has to.

I honestly wouldn't want to be the team that took O'Brien away from Penn State. Not after the preaching he's done to these kids that could've walked away from their scholarships about family, team and trials. Not after he's played the only card he really has - loyalty - to keep so many of these kids in town.

No, I don't want to be the team, and I'm not sure I want the man, that leaves Penn State after 1 year. Not under these circumstances and not with how he's sold the program.

This is most likely true.

They lost very talented players this offseason, yet, there's enough talent to go 5-2 to this point. That just proves that Paterno wasn't getting enough from his players, IMO.

In theory, with Pennsylvania's in-state talent, O'Brien could turn this team into a beast in no time, winning forever the University's undying love and launching his head coaching career into the stratosphere.

BossChief 10-26-2012 01:32 PM

Cowher hc
Norv OC
Rivera dc
Geno qb

Let's roll, baby.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9051915)
Cowher hc
Norv OC
Rivera dc
Geno qb

Let's roll, baby.

Don't know about Norval, but the rest would the whole thing.

Richard_Cuckold 10-26-2012 01:39 PM

definitely Cowher.

crazycoffey 10-26-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthPioliSatan (Post 9051925)
Don't know about Norval, but the rest would the whole thing.

yeah, I don't want anything to do with Norv

whoman69 10-26-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barney Stinson (Post 9052014)
yeah, I don't want anything to do with Norv

Norv is a rent a coach. He'll be there one year until some stupid owner decides to give him top dog status again.

BossChief 10-26-2012 02:34 PM

Rivera and Turner would be here until they retire or get fired.

Teams know they aren't head coaching material, but both are great coordinators.

Titty Meat 10-26-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9051915)
Cowher hc
Norv OC
Rivera dc
Geno qb

Let's roll, baby.

That would be doable considering both could be fired but would Clark be willing to pay 15 million a year for that coaching staff?

DTLB58 10-26-2012 03:02 PM

Winner.

Sorter 10-26-2012 03:22 PM

Replace Cowher with Chip Kelly and I like it. Kelly's hurry up meshed with Norv's vertical philosophies would be interesting IMO.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9052096)
Rivera and Turner would be here until they retire or get fired.

Teams know they aren't head coaching material, but both are great coordinators.

Norv's a Coryell guy, not an Erhardt/Perkins guy like Cowher.

I'm not sure why Rivera gets so much love but I don't think he's anything special as a DC. He was fine as a linebackers coach but you're seeing why Chicago let him go and didn't hire him as head coach.

There is a ton of talent in Carolina and they suck.

BossChief 10-26-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9052192)
Norv's a Coryell guy, not an Erhardt/Perkins guy like Cowher.

I'm not sure why Rivera gets so much love but I don't think he's anything special as a DC. He was fine as a linebackers coach but you're seeing why Chicago let him go and didn't hire him as head coach.

There is a ton of talent in Carolina and they suck.

Rivera got the Caroline job via Peter principle and I'm not sure Cowher is married to anything but winning.

That would be a coaching staff and core that I'd be ****ing thrilled with. Very excited.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9052222)
Rivera got the Caroline job via Peter principle and I'm not sure Cowher is married to anything but winning.

That would be a coaching staff and core that I'd be ****ing thrilled with. Very excited.

That's cool, I just have a different outlook.

My biggest fear with Cowher is the QB position. He felt he could win with stiffs like O'Donnell, Graham, Tomczak, Stewart and Maddox and he recently said on CBS that he'd back Cassel.

That's not a guy that I want coaching a football team in 2013, especially when coupled with his 7+ year sabbatical from coaching.

I'd rather see Arians or Chip Kelly or Jay Gruden before Cowher. At this point in time, Ray Horton and Gus Bradley deserve interviews as well.