ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark is on 610 right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268760)

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9305852)
Honest question...

In what ways is Barkley better than Smith?

Leadership and intangiables. Geno is better on the pure physical part, Barkley on the mental part. And its not a knock on Geno either, he is pretty good at it as well - Barkley is just better.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9305890)
Hope not for CP sake. But if he could restructure (is it possible) I wonder if there could be a case of devil you know...

Restructure? He's got 2 years left. Why would he want to restructure? Why would they?

-King- 01-11-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305888)
So because McNabb was chocolate and Geno is chocolate this has to be the pick?....

Nobody thought he should pick McNabb. He was booed the second it was announced. Reid knew something everybody else didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief 01-11-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9305823)
To me with Andy Reid right now, I think Barkley is going to be the target.

To me Barkley is my least favorite of the 3. However, if Reid likes him I'll trust his judgement.

You have to give this regime a few years and see how it plays out. We will have people in charge that know better than us.

Using the OKC Thunder as an example people shit all over Westbrook, Ibaka and Harden when they were selected. Many had the opinion you should trade Westbrook and draft Rubio the year Harden was picked. If they went by what the fans and media wanted we would be complete shit right now.

You hire the best football people you can and let them make the decisions. If you trade down or get a 2nd round QB thats ok in my book. Give them a chance to build the team, and if they don't succeed in a few years then flame away.

dirk digler 01-11-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9305892)
They'll take Geno. Reid's offense uses the deep ball a lot more than other WCO's, which makes Smith a tailor-made fit. If Jon Gruden were our coach I could see Barkley.

We will just need to find ourselves a DeSean Jackson\Maclin burner at WR

ILChief 01-11-2013 01:12 PM

Well our last banner asked for a "new" QB and not the "#1 QB in the draft" so we are all good

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9305895)
Nobody thought he should pick McNabb. He was booed the second it was announced. Reid knew something everybody else didn't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Props to him for an excellent pick.

You still didn't answer the question...

memyselfI 01-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9305894)
Restructure? He's got 2 years left. Why would he want to restructure? Why would they?

I don't know why either party would want to. I just don't think Cassel is as gone as I thought he was before Reid was hired. His responses on that call indicated to me that he thinks the coaching was the problem moreso than the QBs themselves.

Bottom line, if Cassel stays I won't be shocked.

FringeNC 01-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9305891)
It's actually more like $16.5M over the next two years.

We save over $5M against the cap by letting him go.

Right, if you include 2014. If for some reason Reid goes with a journeyman scrub his first year, it's going to be a guy that the QBOTF and the rest of the offense can learn the WCO from.

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9305911)
I don't know why either party would want to. I just don't think Cassel is as gone as I thought he was before Reid was hired. His responses on that call indicated to me that he thinks the coaching was the problem moreso than the QBs.

LMAO Dumbass

-King- 01-11-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305906)

Even though people don't think Geno is a clear cut #1 pick, there's a good chance Reid does based on his history with McNabb and based on the traits he looks for in a Qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

okcchief 01-11-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9305911)
I don't know why either party would want to. I just don't think Cassel is as gone as I thought he was before Reid was hired. His responses on that call indicated to me that he thinks the coaching was the problem moreso than the QBs themselves.

Bottom line, if Cassel stays I won't be shocked.

Now this is the one thing I would freak about lol

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9305921)
Now this is the one thing I would freak about lol

Reid is not stupid

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9305919)
Even though people don't think Geno is a clear cut #1 pick, there's a good chance Reid does based on his history with McNabb and based on the traits he looks for in a Qb.
Posted via Mobile Device

Having a chocolate QB?...

htismaqe 01-11-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305906)

He took McNabb because he knows the value of QBs.