ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Did you over-react to the work of Casshole? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238727)

MadMax 12-21-2010 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7279868)
I'm not worked up at all, and I meant it when I said "thanks" to you, because your grudging and meager concession of "sucks less" fit fairly well with what I was posting about. Your post wasn't exactly what Sully was asking for, but it was close, so I didn't feel the need to look further.

I didn't think we could win 8 games yet, we are rebuilding, I get that.. But you wanna call people out cause you are happy with our QB is just a bunch of BS. If you sport wood over Cassel that's on you.

Sully 12-21-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7279855)
His "goalpost" was 8-8. Are you seeing him say he was wrong about Cassel beyond "sucks less"? As I noted "It's not fully on point regarding the moving goalposts, but it's close". "Sucks less" is not the same as "sucks just as much", but it's clearly not much of a concession. That's where "close" came into play.

However, my 5:11 pm post dealt directly with what you claim to be your point.

Again, Tapatalk limits how I see quotes, and again, tell me if I'm wrong...
But it seems his goalposts for the team were 8-8. If he claimed he'd love Cassel if he was the QB on an 8 win team, then that's moving the goalposts. Otherwise, no, it's not "close."

Sent from my Teddy Ruxpin using Tapatalk

MadMax 12-21-2010 05:08 PM

I actually didn't mean to be an ass :) sorry

Just Passin' By 12-21-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 7279888)
But it seems his goalposts for the team were 8-8. If he claimed he'd love Cassel if he was the QB on an 8 win team, then that's moving the goalposts. Otherwise, no, it's not "close."

Ummm.... Still sucks/sucks less

Yes, it's close. And, again, I'd already addressed your argument in the earlier post. His post was just something close to somewhat illustrate the point.

Sully 12-21-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7279894)
Ummm.... Sucks/sucks less

Yes, it's close. And, again, I'd already addressed your argument in the earlier post. His post was just something close to somewhat illustrate the point.

I think maybe you're confused what "moving the goalposts" means.

Sully 12-21-2010 05:16 PM

If I'm trying to become a "rich" man, and the threshold for "rich" for me is $5 m, and I start with $100,000 then earn another $3 m, based on my goals, I am still not "rich."
I am "less poor," to be sure. And to many people, $3.1m is "rich."
However, I have, in no way (not even close) moved the goalposts.

DeezNutz 12-21-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 7279590)
Here's one that I was able to find easily because I got a neg rep in the thread for defending Cassel's performance. (The neg wasn't from Deez, BTW.)

Did I miss the apology post, since my post did not provide evidence for "moving the goalposts"?

Bearcat 12-21-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7279765)
Get back to me when you can understand the flow of a post. Until then, you're just a waste of time.

Hmmm... post flow sounds quite complicated. I've been here 10 years and I'm just now getting a good grasp on thread flow. Let's see...

Sarcasm/reerun, intelligent conversation, reerun, full reerun, repeat of a fraction of the intelligent conversation for the late arrivals, full reerun, full reerun.

Something like that.... guess we could rename that last full reerun "Bledsoe". :shrug:

crispystl 12-21-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7276322)
Nailed it

Yup great post

crispystl 12-21-2010 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7276380)
So, basically, you were just making shit up.

Yup

jjchieffan 12-22-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 7279914)
If I'm trying to become a "rich" man, and the threshold for "rich" for me is $5 m, and I start with $100,000 then earn another $3 m, based on my goals, I am still not "rich."
I am "less poor," to be sure. And to many people, $3.1m is "rich."
However, I have, in no way (not even close) moved the goalposts.

Then perhaps you have set the goalposts unrealistically high to start with. Will you be satisfied with Cassel becoming anything short of Peyton Manning or Joe Montana? As much as I would love to have a HOF QB here in KC, the reality is that those QB's are rare. We have a QB that is showing the potential to be a top 10 QB in the league for several years to come. Will he? who knows, but he has shown as much or more potential than drafturbator favorites such as Sanchez and Clausen.

Sully 12-22-2010 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 7280778)
Then perhaps you have set the goalposts unrealistically high to start with. Will you be satisfied with Cassel becoming anything short of Peyton Manning or Joe Montana? As much as I would love to have a HOF QB here in KC, the reality is that those QB's are rare. We have a QB that is showing the potential to be a top 10 QB in the league for several years to come. Will he? who knows, but he has shown as much or more potential than drafturbator favorites such as Sanchez and Clausen.

I'd argue that several people have set the bar too high. But, then again, it's hard to fault anyone for wanting the best.
I think there are more people who have set the bar too low, as well. For many, the bar sits just above putting on a helmet with an arrowhead decal.

Sent from my Death Panel using Tapatalk

Norman Einstein 12-22-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 7279765)
Get back to me when you can understand the flow of a post. Until then, you're just a waste of time.

We are going to have to rename you Redspot, it sounds like you have a problem with a flow problem. Most women used tampons or pads to take care of that problem. Until you get that fixed you are just another "woman" on the rag.

Dave Lane 12-22-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sully (Post 7279888)

Are you being purposefully obtuse or is there a cognitive disconnect that is keeping you from understanding what hes talking about?

A lot of people, Madmax included, said this is a 4-6 win team at best. "I'll suck my own dick if we win 8 games".

The main issue is in August had you asked what do you want to see from MC to make you think he might be the answer at QB and they listed stats, games won etc, there's no way they would expect more than what he's done. Yet they refuse to look at MC and see any good. They refuse to give any credit because they are invested in being right. Dane and Milkman are logical thinkers. They were anti-Cassel and yet they see that he is possibly turning a corner and might be the answer. I feel the same way. Others have used pretexts to attempt to have a "logical reason" to continue to claim he sucks.

Bottom line if you are looking to find fault and place blame on MC he's an easy target but then so is every QB in the league Manning and Brady included.

Sully 12-22-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 7280909)
Are you being purposefully obtuse or is there a cognitive disconnect that is keeping you from understanding what hes talking about?

A lot of people, Madmax included, said this is a 4-6 win team at best. "I'll suck my own dick if we win 8 games".

The main issue is in August had you asked what do you want to see from MC to make you think he might be the answer at QB and they listed stats, games won etc, there's no way they would expect more than what he's done. Yet they refuse to look at MC and see any good. They refuse to give any credit because they are invested in being right. Dane and Milkman are logical thinkers. They were anti-Cassel and yet they see that he is possibly turning a corner and might be the answer. I feel the same way. Others have used pretexts to attempt to have a "logical reason" to continue to claim he sucks.

Bottom line if you are looking to find fault and place blame on MC he's an easy target but then so is every QB in the league Manning and Brady included.

I don't think I'm being obtuse at all.
I think if you can find evidence that someone "moved the goalposts" on Cassel, I'll be right alongside of you questioning their integrity.
I just haven't seen any, yet.

Sent from my Death Panel using Tapatalk