ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What did you have for dinner? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=122232)

Hammock Parties 11-20-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 6277573)
Powder or fresh?

Leaf or cut?

Beats the **** out of me. Tastes good.

Gonzo 11-20-2009 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 6277441)
You're a culinary badass yet you still like that pisswater Miller Lite. Makes no sense. :D

Actually, since you bring it up...

I've been trying several different beers lately and have become partial to boulevard beers. I like their wheat beers. Miller lite is still the mainstay though when I go out with buddies. ;)
(I'm still more of a scotch guy though)
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445 11-20-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6277618)
Actually, since you bring it up...

I've been trying several different beers lately and have become partial to boulevard beers. I like their wheat beers. Miller lite is still the mainstay though when I go out with buddies. ;)
(I'm still more of a scotch guy though)
Posted via Mobile Device

OK, not to hijack, but my dad has an 18 year old kid working for him. He was talking to me about beer. He said he wanted to try budweisers wheat beer. I told him it was OK, but he should look at Boulevard Wheat. I talked a little bit about why it was better, and got the most blank look I've seen in my life. Then I realized that I was talking to an 18 year old. :shake:

Oh what it's like to be young and naive.

Delano 11-20-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6277575)

WTF.

IS IT A MOTHER ****ING BRIGHT GREEN FULL LEAF OR A MOTHER ****ING DRY MOTHER ****ING CRUMBLED UP OLIVE GREEN SPICE IN A JAR/BAG???

:#:#:#:#

NewChief 11-20-2009 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs (Post 6277575)

You don't know if the basil you added was dried or fresh?

Here's a hint: if you bought it in the spice aisle of the grocery store, and it came in the jar then it's dried. If you bought it in the produce section, at a farmer's market, or picked it out of your back yard and it looks leafy and green, then it's fresh.

Delano 11-20-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6277438)
I'd love to do that everyday but unfortunately, Lumpy and I both have an aquired taste for fine dining on occasion. (i.e. McDonalds ans Subway) I made venison tenderloin medallions tuesday. They were braised in a wasabe/olive oil reduction with crushed red pepper, (pretty good). I made her some antelope steaks monday and for breakfast sunday, venison sausage and eggs. I'm a cooking mofo.
Posted via Mobile Device

You got any recipes for venison organs? Heart, liver, etc?

Maybe a chronic wasting disease flavored brain?

Otter 11-20-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6277438)
I'd love to do that everyday but unfortunately, Lumpy and I both have an aquired taste for fine dining on occasion. (i.e. McDonalds ans Subway) I made venison tenderloin medallions tuesday. They were braised in a wasabe/olive oil reduction with crushed red pepper, (pretty good). I made her some antelope steaks monday and for breakfast sunday, venison sausage and eggs. I'm a cooking mofo.
Posted via Mobile Device

Antelope? Have you been on African Safari?

Gonzo 11-20-2009 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 6277651)

You may be thinking of Impala or Kudu, (similar) I shot a north american pronghorn antelope last month in far north western NE. Check out the Hunting thread from Iowanian. I posted some pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device

MVChiefFan 11-20-2009 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 6277680)
You may be thinking of Impala or Kudu, (similar) I shot a north american pronghorn antelope last month in far north western NE. Check out the Hunting thread from Iowanian. I posted some pictures.
Posted via Mobile Device

What about the Greater Kudu? Those are some big dudes!

Fairplay 11-20-2009 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewPhin (Post 6277639)
Here's a hint: if you bought it in the spice aisle of the grocery store, and it came in the jar then it's dried. If you bought it in the produce section, at a farmer's market, or picked it out of your back yard and it looks leafy and green, then it's fresh.

Give me another hint, and tell me if i'm hot or cold.

Gonzo 11-20-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 6277640)

I don't really keep that stuff. I suppose if you were going to cook it up, you'd make it like it's beef counterpart.

Bwana 11-20-2009 12:10 PM

Moose steak and it was damn good!

Bwana 11-20-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 6277640)

Sure! Here you go......ENJOY!! :D

Deer Chronic Wasting Disease Meat Loaf

1 1/2 pounds chronic wasting disease flavored brain
~ 2 eggs
~ 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
~ 1 medium onion, finely chopped
~ 1 cup dry bread crumbs
~ 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
~ 1/8 tsp pepper
~ 1/2 tsp garlic powder
~ 2 tbsp brown sugar
~ 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
~ 2 tbsp vinegar

In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs. Add tomato sauce, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.

Add chronic wasting disease flavored brain and mix well. Press into an ungreased 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan.

Combine brown sugar, mustard and vinegar; pour over chronic wasting disease flavored brain loaf.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 70 minutes.

Enjoy with mashed potatoes, your favorite vegetable, and warm bread or rolls! <!-- End of Html -->

Bwana 11-20-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 6277651)

He's talking "Speed Goat" Joe.

http://www.lonestaroutfitters.com/im...0413XSmall.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts 11-24-2009 08:40 PM

Butter Chicken Curry. This is incredibly easy to make with Kitchens of India's box of goodness. I highly suggest for anyone who is looking for a nice change of pace with chicken. Make up some white rice, spoon this over it, and voila! It's awesome.

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto...-main_Full.jpg