ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV New Fall TV shows (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=214385)

Baby Lee 09-21-2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7930763)
Oh dude, I have the same exact problem. First 5 minutes of the show I'm thinking "this is the chick from SNL".

Oddly, I didn't have that problem back when Kathryn was on Crossing Jordan. It's just been in the past couple of years [in part as Kathryn moved into comedy and Ana moved into drama].

NJChiefsFan 09-21-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7930644)
I liked Free Agents and The New Girl. Not really interested in Up All Night.

I'm hoping Person of Interest is good.

This seems like a really sparse new season.

I thought The New Girl had a really good pilot episode.

jiveturkey 09-22-2011 07:30 AM

The New Girl was good. I love Zoey's character but the dudes were a little weak.

I was surprised this week by Two Broke Girls. I had no intentions of watching it but the wife set it up and I now plan on continuing to watch more.

Dayze 09-22-2011 08:32 AM

I really enjoyed New Girl; I'll definitely keep watching.

Watched '2 Broke Girls'; was pretty decent. I'll give it a shot. Although didn't like the cheap-CBS production. the sets looked like they were shot on Seseame Street. A few good one liners.

the two new Modern Family episodes were awesome (as susual).

excited for Terra Nova, Pan Am, Person of Interest, and ..one other. I cant' remember. "Suburb-.." something or other.

Chiefnj2 09-22-2011 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7932203)
I really enjoyed New Girl; I'll definitely keep watching.

Watched '2 Broke Girls'; was pretty decent. I'll give it a shot. Although didn't like the cheap-CBS production. the sets looked like they were shot on Seseame Street. A few good one liners.

the two new Modern Family episodes were awesome (as susual).

excited for Terra Nova, Pan Am, Person of Interest, and ..one other. I cant' remember. "Suburb-.." something or other.

I thought the first Modern Family was a bit weak. The best part was the rancher's nicknames. I thought they could have done better, especially getting rid of Dylan.

2nd episode was much better.

Deberg_1990 09-22-2011 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7930644)
This seems like a really sparse new season.

Part of the problem is they space shows out now more than ever.

Fall Premiers could mean Sept, Oct or Nov. Then theres the 2nd half of the season with premieres in Jan/Feb/Mar. Then theres the summer season.

Dayze 09-22-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7932210)
I thought the first Modern Family was a bit weak. The best part was the rancher's nicknames. I thought they could have done better, especially getting rid of Dylan.

2nd episode was much better.

I agree.
hopefully that Dylan guy is gone for good.

2nd episode was definitely alot better.

patteeu 09-22-2011 09:16 AM

I thought The New Girl was pretty decent, but it strikes me as the kind of show that uses up it's gimmick pretty quickly and then gets dull. I guess it just depends on the quality of the writers.

Great Expectations 09-22-2011 09:18 AM

Whitney could be funny, I'll be watching it tonight.

Nzoner 09-22-2011 12:03 PM

Really looking forward to Prime Suspect on NBC tonight at 9 central.Below preview is a bit longer than most but once it gets going it had me hooked,hopefully I'll have a new series to watch as SVU last night left me a little :( if Elliott is indeed leaving the show.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yUOUrWxIWbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KevB 09-22-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 7932231)
I agree.
hopefully that Dylan guy is gone for good.

2nd episode was definitely alot better.

I generally can't stand Dylan, but he'd started to grow on me. A couple of funny lines last night, including the "I'd be proud to share your bed....."

I liked them both a lot, the first every bit as good as the second for me. Phil is just so good right now. Buffalo Phil.....worth the wait. Jay's bit on the horse --- this horse is leaning to the left, I think he had a stroke, etc. Bottom line is that show can do no wrong in my eyes. I love Julie Bowen, Sofia is ridiculous hot, Phil is the much funnier version of myself, Eric Stonestreet is a KStater, the kids are all hilarious.....

Great Expectations 09-22-2011 08:29 PM

The Office regained it's burst.

keg in kc 09-22-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 7932695)
Really looking forward to Prime Suspect on NBC tonight at 9 central

I hadn't thought about watching it, but after you mentioned it and then herc on AICN said it was good I gave it a shot, and a couple minor things aside, that was a pretty good premiere.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 7933851)
The Office regained it's burst.

The only time I even noticed Steve Carrell was gone was during the titles. They're not going to miss him a bit. Actually thought it was so-so for most of the show, but I liked the end, with Andy coming through.

Parks & Rec was alright. Ron was hilarious as always and the whole penis pick thing about made me bust a gut. But I think I'm starting to tire a little of Leslie's travails.

Community was great. Best of the night. They're set up for an awesome season.

Haven't watched Person of Interest yet.

007 09-22-2011 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7932283)
I thought The New Girl was pretty decent, but it strikes me as the kind of show that uses up it's gimmick pretty quickly and then gets dull. I guess it just depends on the quality of the writers.

Could not get into it at all.

Buck 09-23-2011 07:19 PM

Community - 5 ****ing stars.