ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238686)

Marcellus 12-19-2010 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 7273628)
The Jets are a supremely talented team that often plays with their heads up their asses. It's a tall task to win a playoff game when you are that much less talented than the other team.

To win, we're going to have play mistake-free, consistently smart football and they'll have to play down to the competition. Probably a combo of both. Like I said, I'm not ruling either of those two out, especially at Arrowhead. But it's not a formula that's going to consistently get you playoff wins or that's going to make you favorites to win the game.

I actually think there's a decent chance of the Chiefs winning. But winning in spite of your talent isn't a formula that's going to carry the team through the playoffs. If the Jets play smart football and Sanchez doesn't shit the bed, the Chiefs are going to have a very tough uphill battle.

I think the talent difference is overblown.

On DL they have us beat, outside of that I am not sure.

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 7273634)
it's good to see that one drafturbator is still hanging on to his Cassel hate...

Mecca died, Dane thinks he's a franchise QB and Hamas props him when necessary and stays out of everything else...

Stay strong OTWP!

Shocking you missed the posts today in which I praised him.

Personal attacks, FTW!

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7273610)
That's all the argument has ever been.

Yet people want to claim otherwise week after week.

The argument you made in that post is a hell of a lot different than the one many have made throughout this thread that nothing short of a playoff win will change their opinion of him. I'm just anticipating that there will be plenty who blame a playoff loss on Cassel even if it required a superhuman effort to overcome the talent gaps.

Baby Lee 12-19-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7273614)
Wow...The thirrd straw man in a row...

Where does that say ANYTHING about wanting the guy to fail?

Are you a liar? Or just a complete ****ing reerun?

I really hope people go back and look at the ****ing bullshit you are trying to pull here....Maybe they already realize you are a douche bag, but this should prove it.

You don't read so good. That post was in response to your indignation that I'd even suggest you'd use a phrase like overwhelming majority. And that was in reference to 'ever had anything at all nice to say about him'/'recognized the second coming back in April.'

It had NOTHING to do with the part about who supposedly wants Cassel to fail. I'm well aware that that contingent is referred to as 'some people' so we don't get into the messy matter of specific allegations that can be refuted or analyze in any way beyond snark./

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2010 05:28 PM

Welp, any legitimate conversation that was occurring here is over.

Hootie's here to make everything about him.

ChiefsCountry 12-19-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7273637)
I think the talent difference is overblown.

On DL they have us beat, outside of that I am not sure.

WR they have us beat.

Hootie 12-19-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7273644)
WR they have us beat.

too bad their QB can't get any use out of them

Bugeater 12-19-2010 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 7273636)
Yes, ANOTHER fallacy. We aren't arguing about the difference between vast majority or overwhelming majority. Not once have I ever EVER stated that a majority (of any kind), or even a LOT , or even a a large percent of CP members WANTED Matt Cassel to fail.

You are a ****ing liar, a douche bag, and an idiot. Please, go back and read what I said ONE MORE TIME...

I dare you to point out ANYWHERE that I claimed a Majority of posters (any kind of majority) WANTED Cassel to fail.

****ing filthy liar.

Do you check your blood pressure on a regular basis? Have you ever considered switching to decaf?

chiefzilla1501 12-19-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7273644)
WR they have us beat.

They also have the best offensive line in the NFL, IMO

Basically, it comes down to whether Sanchez shits the bed or he doesn't. And even in games where he does shit the bed, they often find ways to win against good teams anyway.

DaneMcCloud 12-19-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7273627)
You watched a different play than I did.

Big difference between throwing the ball to a WR covered 1-on-1, hoping to make a play, and throwing into a dangerous area like that.

There were 5 Rams in the area. How many would have been there had Mo not run the wrong route?

More than one, me thinks.

Since I deleted the game from both of my DVR's and cannot re-watch, I'll concede your point because I only have my memory to go on.

But I remember thinking immediately after the ball had been intercepted, that in no way should the blame lie solely with Cassel.

milkman 12-19-2010 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7273643)
Welp, any legitimate conversation that was occurring here is over.

Hootie's here to make everything about him.

I'd suggest we ignore him.

It is good to have a debate with reasnoble posters.

You and I are disagreeing here, and we've somehow managed to keep it civil.

What the hell is wrong with us, anyway?

milkman 12-19-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7273663)
Since I deleted the game from both of my DVR's and cannot re-watch, I'll concede your point because I only have my memory to go on. But I remember thinking immediately after the ball had been intercepted, that in no way should the blame lie solely with Cassel.

I do think it was timing route, but Cassel missed the fact that there were too many defenders in the area and should have checked off to another receiver.

Ming the Merciless 12-19-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7273654)
Do you check your blood pressure on a regular basis? Have you ever considered switching to decaf?

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ow4SHYu2ZNE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ow4SHYu2ZNE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Baby Lee 12-19-2010 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273664)
I'd suggest we ignore him.

It is good to have a debate with reasnoble posters.

You and I are disagreeing here, and we've somehow managed to keep it civil.

What the hell is wrong with us, anyway?

Mind if I join your reasonable discussion, so as to disengage with Peenblower?

Rage and reerunation are a scary potent mix.

OnTheWarpath15 12-19-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7273663)
Since I deleted the game from both of my DVR's and cannot re-watch, I'll concede your point because I only have my memory to go on.

But I remember thinking immediately after the ball had been intercepted, that in no way should the blame lie solely with Cassel.

Where did I say it should be blamed solely on Cassel?