ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Football's Future If the Players Win by Roger Goodell (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244358)

patteeu 04-26-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7592630)
:doh!: Its clear you dont get it.

He's owning you with your own misstatements.

Simplex3 04-26-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7592660)
I think when all evidence suggests that the NFL is making unprecedented profits, if the owners ask for a larger share of those profits because they are losing money, then the players are right to ask for proof.

Some teams are. The NFL as a whole is making great money, but with the current structure of salary scale based on total league revenues some smaller market teams are getting squeezed. The owners are trying to fix some of that before it becomes headline news that 4 NFL teams have stopped paying their bills.

Is Jerry Jones trying to put some more cash in his pocket in the mean time? Sure.

Brock 04-26-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3 (Post 7592647)
How many of the owners got in that way?

The Bidwells, the Hunts, the Rooneys, the Maras, the Halas/McCaskeys, the Browns, just off the top of my head.

Chiefnj2 04-26-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7592673)
No, actually, it was an hour before the deadline, and the owners didn't really concede much.

Their proposal would have cut the salry cap by billions over the course of the proposed contract, and they only conceded to table discussion of an expanded schedule for a year.

In addition to agreeing to 2014 salary cap #'s and an increase in the 2011 cap:

* A rookie wage scale based on the Union’s proposal, which pays 2nd-7th round picks more or the same while repurposing money currently given to first-round picks back to veterans and for benefits.
* A $1 million guarantee for players the year after they get hurt.
* A decrease in number of OTA practices and practice time and additional days off.
* A commitment that an 18-game season would not occur until 2012 and only via agreement by both sides.
* An additional $82 million of owner funding that would go towards improved benefits.
* Retired players can opt into the player medical plan for life.
* Third-party arbitrators for drug and suspension cases.
* Improvements in Mackey Plan and others.
* A minimum salary cap figure of 90 percent of the cap

milkman 04-26-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3 (Post 7592691)
Some teams are. The NFL as a whole is making great money, but with the current structure of salary scale based on total league revenues some smaller market teams are getting squeezed. The owners are trying to fix some of that before it becomes headline news that 4 NFL teams have stopped paying their bills.

Is Jerry Jones trying to put some more cash in his pocket in the mean time? Sure.

Again, prove it to the players.

BigMeatballDave 04-26-2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592686)
He's owning you with your own misstatements.

I assumed he had the common sense to know WTF I was talking about.

Simplex3 04-26-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7592699)
The Bidwells, the Hunts, the Rooneys, the Maras, the Halas/McCaskeys, the Browns, just off the top of my head.

So 19%. Less than 1 in 5.

milkman 04-26-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7592703)
In addition to agreeing to 2014 salary cap #'s and an increase in the 2011 cap:

* A rookie wage scale based on the Union’s proposal, which pays 2nd-7th round picks more or the same while repurposing money currently given to first-round picks back to veterans and for benefits.
* A $1 million guarantee for players the year after they get hurt.
* A decrease in number of OTA practices and practice time and additional days off.
* A commitment that an 18-game season would not occur until 2012 and only via agreement by both sides.
* An additional $82 million of owner funding that would go towards improved benefits.
* Retired players can opt into the player medical plan for life.
* Third-party arbitrators for drug and suspension cases.
* Improvements in Mackey Plan and others.
* A minimum salary cap figure of 90 percent of the cap

They threw in a couple of nuggets.

Big deal.

They are still talking about a large chunk of money that the players would be losing over the course of the contract.

patteeu 04-26-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7592680)
The owners wouldn't have ever agreed to that. You know it for a certainty.

I don't know that. I think it would depend on what the players' union was willing to give up.

Simplex3 04-26-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7592718)
Again, prove it to the players.

Unless the courts force them to there's no reason to prove jack crap to your employees.

Royal Fanatic 04-26-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3 (Post 7592735)
Unless the courts force them to there's no reason to prove jack crap to your employees.

Unless you're trying to show that you're negotiating in good faith.

kysirsoze 04-26-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3 (Post 7592735)

They probably won't force them, but the owners stubbornly refusing to do it destroyed negotiation which forced this into the courts where the owners are getting their ass handed to them. Great move, guys!

vailpass 04-26-2011 01:17 PM

Some real Johnyy Bluecollar talk on this thread. Are any of you that are posting in favor of the players a laborer and/or union member?

Brock 04-26-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3 (Post 7592728)
So 19%. Less than 1 in 5.

Okay, so 20 percent is some insignificant number? LMAO

kysirsoze 04-26-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7592743)
Some real Johnyy Bluecollar talk on this thread. Are any of you that are posting in favor of the players a laborer and/or union member?

I'm actually an NFL owner. (Don't tell anyone)