ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Simple AC tips to help keep your cool this summer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247485)

Bugeater 07-01-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 8712591)
I'm glad I asked. Last week when I had to have both of them replaced because of the mini fire I got to wondering later why there were two of them. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 8712592)
this sounds like it might be what is happening.

i didn't realize that there are (our could be 2 caps). the one i'm aware of looks like a tin can bolted to underneath side of service unit. where might the other one be?

Sometimes there are two separate caps, but most units actually use a "dual-cap" like this one:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...6m7ISJFYGG1YIg

It's basically two caps in one, and it is possible for just one section to go bad.

Bugeater 07-01-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8712599)
If it's anything like a car pressures probably skyrocket when the fan doesn't run and the high pressure cut off switch kills the compressor
Posted via Mobile Device

Exactly.

|Zach| 07-01-2012 11:20 AM

I am trying to put my dick in my AC unit somewhere where it can be an enjoyable experience but running into problems finding a decent spot.

Thanks in advance for your help.

SAUTO 07-01-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8712607)
I am trying to put my dick in my AC unit somewhere where it can be an enjoyable experience but running into problems finding a decent spot.

just wait for the fan to run and shove it in there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stewie 07-01-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Your A/C unit is not gay. You need to find one that is... or go D/C.

Bugeater 07-01-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

I've already tried every possible spot, and I have yet to find a good one myself. Sorry.

cabletech94 07-01-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8712595)
All the cap does is give the motor a boost to get started. With the unit turned on, go out and try to give a shove to one of the fan blades with a screwdriver or something and see if it starts.

this.

fan is now moving and cold air is coming out!
still not gonna get sex 'cause momma says this is somehow my fault.

what do i need to do to insure that this doesn't happen again? (in other words, what's wrong?")

|Zach| 07-01-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8712619)
I've already tried every possible spot, and I have yet to find a good one myself. Sorry.

Should have known better than to **** a fan. So I'm never gonna dance again.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/izGwDsrQ1eQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cabletech94 07-01-2012 11:34 AM

plus, i didn't have a screwdriver long enough to reach, so i used my huge cock.

/heteros of CP

mlyonsd 07-01-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 8712629)
this.

fan is now moving and cold air is coming out!
still not gonna get sex 'cause momma says this is somehow my fault.

what do i need to do to insure that this doesn't happen again? (in other words, what's wrong?")

When it shuts off you'll have to spin the fan blade again to get it started.

And, about the sex.....tell her you won't start the fan again until she agrees to service you.

cabletech94 07-01-2012 11:38 AM

so, is it the fan that's gone bad again? or could this be a cap (mine appears to be the dual cap that bug put on, for the record, i'm pretty sure it's the fan) issue?

Bugeater 07-01-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 8712645)
so, is it the fan that's gone bad again? or could this be a cap (mine appears to be the dual cap that bug put on, for the record, i'm pretty sure it's the fan) issue?

It's definitely the cap. No question about it.

Bugeater 07-01-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 8712641)
When it shuts off you'll have to spin the fan blade again to get it started.

And, about the sex.....tell her you won't start the fan again until she agrees to service you.

:LOL: This is solid advice. And don't let her know what you did to get it going. You could use this to your advantage all summer long.

cabletech94 07-01-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8712651)

thanks for the advice!!! watched the kid replace that 2 years ago. the supply store doesn't open 'til the morning, i'll go get a replacement and change it out @ lunch time tomorrow!!!
many thanks to you my friend (and friends)!!!!:clap:

SAUTO 07-01-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 8712651)

I'm

NOT NOT NOT
recommending doing this.

But couldn't a guy theoretically stick say some folded up cardboard in the fan relay and make it just run all the time, compressor on or off?

Just until the repair could be made.

this type weather it isn't shutting of much anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device