ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Sunday Ticket comes to PS3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248603)

Quesadilla Joe 09-11-2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Hello *****,

I understand how frustrating this must be and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please know that both DirectTv and Sony have technicians actively working to improve the quality of the feed to give you the best service possible.

I understand this is extremely frustrating, especially on opening day. We are working as quickly as we can to get this issue resolved.

Thanks for your patience.
Meagan N.
This is all I got from my emails. I'm just glad Denver didn't have a game today or I would be even more pissed.

Jack 09-11-2011 02:16 PM

Anyone getting Sunday Ticket yet?

RaiderH8r 09-11-2011 02:21 PM

No shit. I so looked forward to not watching the f'ing Foreskins for the afternoon game but apparently Sorny can't wipe their ass without getting shit on their hands.

Swanman 09-11-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 7897275)
Yep, its fully DTV's fault from searches around the 'net.

Must be IFO's dickin' with the satellite. . .

This is all 100% on DTV. The PS3 feed was awful, but I have the ability to stream it through my laptop or my phone as well and 1) couldn't even get logged in on the DTV website to stream on my laptop and 2) the quality on my phone was unwatchable, even on a 4" screen.

This same thing happened last year, and perhaps it's worse this year. Most everybody missed at least the first half of the noon games last year, seems people missed the entire noon games this year.

For what DTV is charging for the service, if they don't offer partial refunds for this week, you would have to think they are walking right into a class action lawsuit. It is false advertising at its finest, in that 1) you couldn't even watch the games and 2) even if you could, the picture quality is a billion times worse than the HD picture that was advertised.

Swanman 09-11-2011 03:08 PM

I did read somewhere on the DTV forums that someone heard from a rep that refunds would be offered for week 1 but then there were other reports saying there wouldn't be refunds based on feedback from another rep. As usual, the DTV idiots can't even all have the same story.

Quesadilla Joe 09-11-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

The @DIRECTVService team is aware of NFL Sunday Ticket issues and working to resolve. Subscribers will receive a $24.99 credit via PSN.
https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStation/s...02865496309760

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2011 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7898716)

Sweet. Is that for everyone that purchased it through the PS3?

Quesadilla Joe 09-11-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7898783)

Yeah, I think anybody who paid $84.99 for it is going to get it. (Not sure about actual Direct TV subscribers who just added a Sunday Ticket plan to their PS3 for free though)

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7898823)
Yeah, I think anybody who paid $84.99 for it is going to get it. (Not sure about actual Direct TV subscribers who just added a Sunday Ticket plan to their PS3 for free though)

Nice. I'm watching it right now the SD game with only 1.5mb (I'm getting 10m this Wednesday) and it's ok not buffering at all. So they must've did something to it...

Quesadilla Joe 09-11-2011 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7898920)
Nice. I'm watching it right now the SD game with only 1.5mb (I'm getting 10m this Wednesday) and it's ok not buffering at all. So they must've did something to it...

Just checked and it's working perfectly for me right now too. Hope it works like it is right now next week

dannybcaitlyn 09-11-2011 05:25 PM

Same here. They should have done a test run on a preseason game to work out the bugs instead of screwing us out of the noon games.

Swanman 09-11-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7898783)

I believe so. I am screwed because I purchased from Directv to use on my PS3 because I wanted the ability to also stream on my laptop and phone when I wasn't home. Directv is giving some BS line about not being able to issue refunds because we "don't have accounts with Directv" if we only have the online sunday ticket. If they stick by that line of thinking, I hope there is a lawsuit started. You can't take money for services not rendered and use as an excuse that your system isn't able to offer partial refunds.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 7899160)
I believe so. I am screwed because I purchased from Directv to use on my PS3 because I wanted the ability to also stream on my laptop and phone when I wasn't home. Directv is giving some BS line about not being able to issue refunds because we "don't have accounts with Directv" if we only have the online sunday ticket. If they stick by that line of thinking, I hope there is a lawsuit started. You can't take money for services not rendered and use as an excuse that your system isn't able to offer partial refunds.

Wait so if you have DTV you will or won't get a credit?

Quesadilla Joe 09-11-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7899192)
Wait so if you have DTV you will or won't get a credit?

I think Playstation is the only one giving out refunds so if you bought it on your PS3 you should get it

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 7899219)
I think Playstation is the only one giving out refunds so if you bought it on your PS3 you should get it

Ok thanks.