ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV House - Season 8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250929)

Bearcat 05-23-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8631444)
I do too, surprisingly. I thought I wanted House dead.
I thought I wanted a concrete finish, but I was wholly satisfied with that ending.

Yeah, when they started the funeral scene, I thought damn, it's not a dream or something crazy, they really did kill him... always have to be ready for the twist, but they had me sold, and I was okay with him dying. But, the ending was classic House, and I'm glad they finished it like that. Sad that it's over... I don't watch a lot of TV, and it's one of the few shows that's held my interest throughout the series.

Micjones 05-24-2012 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8635246)
Yeah, when they started the funeral scene, I thought damn, it's not a dream or something crazy, they really did kill him... always have to be ready for the twist, but they had me sold, and I was okay with him dying. But, the ending was classic House, and I'm glad they finished it like that. Sad that it's over... I don't watch a lot of TV, and it's one of the few shows that's held my interest throughout the series.

Classic House.

I knew when the phone rang that he'd pulled a Houdini.

lcarus 05-24-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8635484)
Classic House.

I knew when the phone rang that he'd pulled a Houdini.

Yeah, that's when I knew. Up until that point, I was 100% convinced that he was dead. It would have been a classic twist of fate and a huge tragedy. House finally wants to change and then dies. I would have been ok with it to be honest, but I liked the real ending too.

Any chance we ever get to see the "uncut" version of the finale? Maybe on the DVD?

lcarus 05-24-2012 08:35 AM

...and where's Gonzo? I figured with the finale having happened, he'd have a lot to say in this thread!

Gonzo 05-24-2012 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8635558)
...and where's Gonzo? I figured with the finale having happened, he'd have a lot to say in this thread!

I've missed the last 5 episodes. However, I just bought season 8 on Amazon Instant Video, (BEST THING EVAR).
I watched one last night and I should be caught up by tomorrow evening.

Sorry guys, Monday's have been bad.

Micjones 05-24-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 8635557)
Yeah, that's when I knew. Up until that point, I was 100% convinced that he was dead. It would have been a classic twist of fate and a huge tragedy. House finally wants to change and then dies. I would have been ok with it to be honest, but I liked the real ending too.

Any chance we ever get to see the "uncut" version of the finale? Maybe on the DVD?

Any chance we'll ever see a movie?

I'm definitely going to buy all eight seasons on DVD, once they're available.

Gonzo 05-24-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8635787)

I'm definitely going to buy all eight seasons on DVD, once they're available.

If you have the chance, check out that Amazon Prime Instant Video. Well worth the price, (70 bucks for a year long membership).
I bought season 8 for 24 bucks.

They have it available to PS3 users and newer DVD players come with the program installed. It's like netflix only better. Tons more choices and a lot of free content. (At least as much as Netflix).

lcarus 05-24-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8635860)
If you have the chance, check out that Amazon Prime Instant Video. Well worth the price, (70 bucks for a year long membership).
I bought season 8 for 24 bucks.

They have it available to PS3 users and newer DVD players come with the program installed. It's like netflix only better. Tons more choices and a lot of free content. (At least as much as Netflix).

You should have just downloaded the episodes you needed off piratebay or demonoid.

The Franchise 05-24-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8635787)

That would be horrible.

whoman69 05-24-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8636121)
That would be horrible.

He just faked his own death so that he can't go to jail. He can't be a doctor again unless you believe he would turn himself in. Not likely. What would be the point of a movie?

Kyle DeLexus 05-24-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8636533)
He just faked his own death so that he can't go to jail. He can't be a doctor again unless you believe he would turn himself in. Not likely. What would be the point of a movie?

I could think of a movie plot based on the last few months left of Wilson's life.

I don't like the idea, but it could easily be done.

whoman69 05-24-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8636552)
I could think of a movie plot based on the last few months left of Wilson's life.

I don't like the idea, but it could easily be done.

Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman already did that movie. Pretty good, but it doesn't need a sequel.

Reaper16 05-24-2012 08:05 PM

Thank God this show is over. What a horrendous finale and final season.

Seasons 1 & 2 = God Tier for a network drama
Seasons 3-5 = one of the best network dramas of the '00s.
Seasons 6-8 = self-parodic, bloated garbage.

KC_Connection 05-24-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8636863)
Thank God this show is over. What a horrendous finale and final season.

The finale was solid, IMO. It was a good way to end House's story with a bit of selflessness on his part for Wilson. The rest of the season not so much (at least the ones I saw, I stopped watching regularly a few years back).

Quote:

Seasons 1 & 2 = God Tier for a network drama
Seasons 3-5 = one of the best network dramas of the '00s.
Seasons 6-8 = self-parodic, bloated garbage.
That's pretty much how I view it. House was great in the beginning...would have been fine if it ended after five seasons. Some shows just have a tendency to hang on past their expiration date, though, and this was one of them.

Micjones 05-25-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8636121)
That would be horrible.

I admit that it would be an odd television show to adapt into film, but properly done, it could be compelling.