ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In big win, Chiefs find a leader in Romeo Crennel (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253947)

Brock 12-19-2011 11:35 PM

Most Super Bowl winners were white. I'll let you make that correlation for yourself, Clay.

Phobia 12-19-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221835)
Terrible comparison. I'm examining 50 years of NFL history and the current state of head coaching in the NFL.

Someone making your argument is examining one team and one head coach.

But, nobody in 50 years had won a SuperBowl with a 35 year old head coach before, moron. It's an IDENTICAL argument except that there's a whole lot more reason to not hire a 35 year old head coach than there is not to hire a 64 year old.

Phobia 12-19-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8221841)
Most Super Bowl winners were white. I'll let you make that correlation for yourself, Clay.

He's not going to be able to process that, Brock.

KCrockaholic 12-19-2011 11:39 PM

Come to think of it, I don't remember ever seeing a bald head coach win a Super Bowl. We MUST hire a hairy mother ****er. Oh, nevermind, Tony Dungy was bald. But he was black. Most head coaches who've won are white. We need a white, hairy mother ****er.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8221843)
But, nobody in 50 years had won a SuperBowl with a 35 year old head coach before, moron. It's an IDENTICAL argument

No it's not. Because a 35-year old head coach is going to last a lot longer than four or five years and will have more of a chance to win a SB.

I can also find several head coaches who were hired in their 30s (Don Shula or John Madden for instance) and won SBs.

KCrockaholic 12-19-2011 11:41 PM

If I get some extra time this week I'm seriously gonna break down this data like I talked about in my other post. And I will go back over the course of 30 years.

lewdog 12-19-2011 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8221855)
If I get some extra time this week I'm seriously gonna break down this data like I talked about in my other post. And I will go back over the course of 30 years.

If you guys like stats so much you should check out baseball. A statistical game at its finest.

AustinChief 12-19-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221819)
No. My argument also takes into consideration that:

1. Interim head coaches don't go on to win SBs.

2. I don't believe Romeo is going to go get a QB.

3. His age guarantees he will be gone in a few years.

and more stupidity....

1.OMG! THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A COACH WHO HAS A FIRST NAME STARTING WITH THE LETTER R! That means that Romeos and Rons can't win superbowls RIGHT? You ****ing moron.

2. that's really more of a Pioli thing but whatever. he has already shown that he is willing to play different guys when he took an anyone but Palko stance. I don't see ANY basis for you to think this. You do know he was head coach when Cleveland drafted Brady Quinn in the first round....

3. Why? yes he will definitely be gone in 6-8 years... just like ANY coach probably would.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2011 11:45 PM

In six to eight years? You really think Romeo Crennel is going to coach into his 70s?

mikey23545 12-19-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221779)
Is this how you travel through time? A treadmill sans fried chicken and grape soda?

Let's make a deal: We'll get Romeo to travel back in time so he's healthier if you'll travel ahead in time till you have even a little ****ing intelligence.

Assuming your Mom won't rent the basement out while you're flying past the chronons.

AustinChief 12-19-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221863)
In six to eight years? You really think Romeo Crennel is going to coach into his 70s?

I think that is the upper limit... yes, if he is successful and having fun, I see ZERO reason he wouldn't.

Let's get back to "interim" head coaches for a sec... what about Ray Malavasi, Raymond Berry, Jeff Fisher and Marv Levy... all where Interim Head Coaches that at one point took that team to the superbowl... but they don't count because SOMEHOW the interim title cursed them to never be able to win the superbowl right?

Phobia 12-19-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221853)
No it's not. Because a 35-year old head coach is going to last a lot longer than four or five years and will have more of a chance to win a SB.

I can also find several head coaches who were hired in their 30s (Don Shula or John Madden for instance) and won SBs.

Sure you can, but you can't find somebody who was hired at 35 on the nose who went on to win a Superbowl because that never happened prior to Tomlin, you donkey. If I can't introduce a 62 year old Vermeil as a counter to your argument about old coaches then you can't introduce a 37 year old Don Shula. Can you phathom how stupid this age argument is? Honestly? Are you capable of that level of cognitive reasoning?

Hammock Parties 12-19-2011 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8221877)
If I can't introduce a 62 year old Vermeil as a counter to your argument about old coaches then you can't introduce a 37 year old Don Shula.

That's not a counter to my argument, though.

I'm only arguing that coaches in their 60s infrequently win Super Bowls (just 3 of 27). I never specifically mentioned the age of 64.

Vermeil is actually part of MY argument.

AustinChief 12-19-2011 11:56 PM

Are you going to address my concern that coaches whose names start with R have NEVER won a superbowl????

So we can't hire a coach named Romeo or Ray or Ron, right?

Please explain how my argument significantly differs from yours.

I'd love to see this.

Phobia 12-20-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8221882)
That's not a counter to my argument, though.

I'm only arguing that coaches in their 60s infrequently win Super Bowls (just 3 of 27). I never specifically mentioned the age of 64.

Vermeil is actually part of MY argument.

And FYI, Dick was younger than Romeo when he won it.

You specifically mentioned the age of 64 in your opening post. Now you're drowning in your own crap.