ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

beer bacon 02-04-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 8348170)
So is DGB the college football version of Josh Selby?

Nope. That was Bryce Brown.

beer bacon 02-04-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 8348095)
The bottom of the SEC is better than the bottom of the Big 12. MU was having a challenge winning the big 12 north, let alone the big 12 outright. MU is a good program, and they'll stay a good program in a conference where good is middle of the pack. Tennessee is a big time program that won't settle to be mediocre for long, same goes for most SEC schools.

I wonder how many coaches Tennessee will go through before they find one that doesn't suck?

Messier 02-04-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 8348227)
I wonder how many coaches Tennessee will go through before they find one that doesn't suck?

I don't know but they'll keep looking, and they'll be good again. You can't be average in the SEC, it's death.

mnchiefsguy 02-04-2012 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon (Post 8348227)

Was Tenn considered a power in football before Fulmer and Manning? I always associated Fulmer with bringing high profile success to that program, and that started in what, the early 90's/late 80's?

Mizzou is not going to get there over night. But they will have the opportunity. Continue to improve in recruiting and on the field, and I think they can win the SEC.

Equal revenue sharing in SEC helps too. Mizzou will have more money to improve the facilities and the Mizzou brand. I think the future is much brighter for Mizzou than its rivals, and I think they just can't stand even the possibility that Mizzou just might make the jump up to the upper tier of college athletics.

Messier 02-04-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8348230)
Was Tenn considered a power in football before Fulmer and Manning? I always associated Fulmer with bringing high profile success to that program, and that started in what, the early 90's/late 80's?

Mizzou is not going to get there over night. But they will have the opportunity. Continue to improve in recruiting and on the field, and I think they can win the SEC.

Equal revenue sharing in SEC helps too. Mizzou will have more money to improve the facilities and the Mizzou brand. I think the future is much brighter for Mizzou than its rivals, and I think they just can't stand even the possibility that Mizzou just might make the jump up to the upper tier of college athletics.

They had a rough period in the 70's, but they've won five or fewer games only four times in the last 30 years.

Trevo_410 02-04-2012 04:55 PM

Mizzoussed

O.city 02-04-2012 05:04 PM

Well I'm just hoping for a good game tonight.

I don't really think a win for either team really assures anything, in terms of Big 12 champ. I think either can can lose and still have a really good chance to win the thing.

Imon Yourside 02-04-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8348271)
Well I'm just hoping for a good game tonight.

I don't really think a win for either team really assures anything, in terms of Big 12 champ. I think either can can lose and still have a really good chance to win the thing.

I think it's a must win for Missouri because it's at home.

Rams Fan 02-04-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8348045)
That's going to suck. I wish we could beat Kentucky or Vanderbilt or Ole Miss or Mississippi State or Tennessee or aTm.

Too bad we can only win 5 of these games.

North Texas at home
Some I-AA school TBD at home
at Central Florida
Georgia at home
Arizona State at home
at South Carolina
Vanderbilt at home
Alabama at home
Kentucky at home
at Florida
at Tennessee
at aTm

That schedule looks impossible!1!111!

KC_Connection 02-04-2012 05:44 PM

I would say it's more important for MU as well. It's the equivalent of holding serve for them.

Rams Fan 02-04-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8347944)
You guys actually think your recruits are gonna turn your program around... LOL...
Your program is garbage right now... Couple freshman is not going to change much.. But anyways good luck.

I assume you are talking about Mizzou's football team, and I am also assuming you are a Jayhawks football fan.

You are saying the football program is shit for Mizzou right now? What is Kansas'?

Simplicity 02-04-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbucks Fan (Post 8348351)
I assume you are talking about Mizzou's football team, and I am also assuming you are a Jayhawks football fan.

You are saying the football program is shit for Mizzou right now? What is Kansas'?

You're assumption of me being a Jayhawks fan is completely wrong... Who gives a **** about Kansas... But nice try...
EDIT: I'm actually a Iowa Hawk, you know, the ones who beat you in the Insight Bowl in 2010 season.

Trevo_410 02-04-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8348379)
You're assumption of me being a Jayhawks fan is completely wrong... Who gives a **** about Kansas... But nice try...

Why so Butthurt then?

Quit bitchin.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-04-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplicity (Post 8348087)
LOL at Mizzou fans thinking they can compete for anything in CFB.

Wicked's even dumber lil brother?

Simplicity 02-04-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8348390)
Wicked's even dumber lil brother?

Do you actually think you can contend for anything meaningful in DIV 1 CFB? and you are calling me the dumb one. :spock: