ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports INSANITY Workout – any CP Insanity veterans in here?? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255946)

frankotank 04-11-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 8516166)
Did the fitness test today. I'm ashamed.

I'm also 100% sure that the timer goes faster during the rest periods than the exercises. Everytime he introduced a new exercise, I found myself thinking, "This man is ****ing insane!"

But yeah, there is literally no way to go but up from here.

I'm still struggling a little with a shoulder tweak. planning on starting all over again Monday. I will absolutely be pausing the dvd to get more than 30 seconds of rest. I can't recover in that short amount of time, Shawn T says it's important to recover, so this go round I will be recovering. I figure I'll stretch 30 seconds to 45 maybe 60 if needed. my heart rate needs to come down, Shawn T says so, when I'm OVER my max and sit down for a measly 30 seconds....my heart rate is still crazy high. also....I really need to NOT get my heart rate over my max, which means the first month I was actually pushing myself too hard! right? just had a physical and asked my doc about this and he completely agrees that going over your max heart rate is worthless and does nothing to help your fitness. so this is how I'm going to approach it this time. BUT....I cannot decide what to do about the damn fit test.....to pause....or not to pause....that damn thing almost kills me every time.

Buehler445 04-11-2012 08:18 PM

Don't pause the fit test. You're not after cardio.

frankotank 04-12-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 8534916)
Don't pause the fit test. You're not after cardio.

yeah.....I know.....but it huuuurrrrrttttsss! :deevee:

donkhater 04-12-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourbonMan (Post 8496139)
Starting over with week 1...After 3 weeks of Insanity, we had a nice day, didn't want to do a work out inside...decided to go on a walk-run (1 and a half miles)...you would think after 3 weeks of Insanity, my body could take it...WRONG..I got shin splints ( which I've always had to fight with)...had to sit out a week....So i'm starting over.

I did Insanity to get in shape for running. When I completed Insanity I thought I would rock my running. WRONG.

While my cardio was where it should have been, the muscle movements for running certainly are not in condition from doing Insanity. It took a week or so of very light run/walking to gradually re-condition my body for a run.

I'm a month removed from the Insanity and I just went on a 8-mile run the other day. Didn't breath hard through the whole run and felt great afterwards. No way I would have thought I'd be at this point so early. So the Insanity DID help in terms of weight loss/conditioning. I just had to gradually get my body used to the mechanics/pounding of a run.

I'm sure if I were to start Insanity over again, even a month removed, I'd be huffing and struggling again, but I'd be starting from a different place.

The Franchise 04-17-2012 02:06 PM

Just got Insanity today.

Anyone have any good recommendations for cross training shoes?

Buehler445 04-17-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8548749)
Just got Insanity today.

I use these.

http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/ima...5,0&iccEmbed=0

Link

My recommendation is not to get anything that restricts motion much. I had some shoes that were "stability" type running shoes. I think they restricted my motion too much and really tore up my plantar faciitis. It is better with the above shoes.

58kcfan89 05-07-2012 10:13 PM

Just did the fitness test... Holy jeez I'm out of shape. That was emberassing.

But I'm really focused on doing this, so I'm not too down about it haha. Gunna put these numbers on the wall to motivate me or something.

Can already tell I'm gunna need better shoes.......

-King- 05-07-2012 10:30 PM

I want to see someone who is for sure in shape do the fitness test for the first time. I'm sure it would be hard as hell for them too. I'm not terribly out of shape and that thing whipped my ass.

Mr. Plow 06-07-2012 08:27 AM

Ugh. Taking the plunge into this. Looking forward to seeing how out of shape I am. lol.

Mr. Plow 06-07-2012 08:32 AM

First thing that popped into my head was "I won't have 60 straight days at home to do this until late July, so I should just wait and buy it then."

But, **** it. I'm going to get it, work out while I'm at home until I have the full 60 days to do it and start again.

BigRichard 06-07-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8664964)
First thing that popped into my head was "I won't have 60 straight days at home to do this until late July, so I should just wait and buy it then."

But, **** it. I'm going to get it, work out while I'm at home until I have the full 60 days to do it and start again.

I know you are suppose to follow the work out but you don't necessarily have to. I have incorporated it into my own workout. I use the ab work out for my abs all the time but that is the only one I use consistently. If you are not going to be around just make sure you do some sort of work out. Don't necessarily have to follow his schedule.

Mr. Plow 06-07-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 8664980)
I know you are suppose to follow the work out but you don't necessarily have to. I have incorporated it into my own workout. I use the ab work out for my abs all the time but that is the only one I use consistently. If you are not going to be around just make sure you do some sort of work out. Don't necessarily have to follow his schedule.

I'm going to be out of town basically 3 weeks out of the next 2 months, which means I just have to make myself do some sort of workout while on the road.

Bearcat 06-07-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8664964)

Good plan... that tripped me up when I first started p90x, since it's 6-7 days/week and the workouts are 60-90 minutes each. It was all or nothing, and one skipped day would turn into 3 or 4 just so I could start over on the right day. I basically had to stop thinking of it like I simply needed to get through the 90 days and then I'd be done with it. I try to do something everyday, even if it's just 20-30 minutes, and don't worry about skipping days.

Mr. Plow 06-07-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 8664993)
Good plan... that tripped me up when I first started p90x, since it's 6-7 days/week and the workouts are 60-90 minutes each. It was all or nothing, and one skipped day would turn into 3 or 4 just so I could start over on the right day. I basically had to stop thinking of it like I simply needed to get through the 90 days and then I'd be done with it. I try to do something everyday, even if it's just 20-30 minutes, and don't worry about skipping days.

Exactly. I think the most important part of this for me is that I'm doing something....anything. I'm definitely not overweight, but this beer belly is starting to drive me up the wall.

Tried walking/running for awhile. But, never could find a time where both the wife & I could get out to do it because never had a sitter for the kids...so I kind of gave up and let her continue on while I stayed home. I figure I can get an hour a day for this, while the kids run around me screaming "Dad....your belly is big."

The Franchise 06-07-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8548749)
Just got Insanity today.

Yeah.....almost 2 months later....I should be done with this....and I never really got started. ****ing motivation.

Now that the election is over.....I'll finally have time. I'm going to stop doing what other people have been doing and trying to get back on a schedule by skipping days. If I miss a day....I'll just continue on with the schedule and do my workout for the next day.

I'm fat.