ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Iron Man 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260112)

unlurking 05-04-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 9657043)
His Holmes is good...but not the best Holmes ever. I do not see anyone who could play Tony Stark better than him. RDJ was born to be Tony Stark.

Agreed. I actually like Cumberbatch as Holmes better (although disgusted at the thought of his role in ST12). RDJ is Tony Stark, and no one else can pull it off.

keg in kc 05-04-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9658063)
Agreed. I actually like Cumberbatch as Holmes better (although disgusted at the thought of his role in ST12). RDJ is Tony Stark, and no one else can pull it off.

He's supposedly awesome in Trek Into Darkness. Which isn't a surprise, he's been awesome in everything else he's done.

Bump 05-04-2013 11:56 PM

the trailers said in the voice over voice

"THIS IS THE BEST IRON MAN, EVER"

so does it suck ass or what?

Bump 05-04-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 9656407)
If they use Franco this franchise is dead to me. ****ing loathe that douchebag.

James Franco is ****ing awesome

Sure-Oz 05-04-2013 11:58 PM

This Iron Man was slightly better than 2...i'll admit i enjoyed it but it wasn't anything like the trailers made it seem.

Anyong Bluth 05-05-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 9658300)
This Iron Man was slightly better than 2...i'll admit i enjoyed it but it wasn't anything like the trailers made it seem.

Well then there would be no surprise if the trailers gave away the whole plot line.
But, it is at least much better than 2.

Sorter 05-05-2013 12:18 AM

What a disappointment of a movie.

There's no way Kingsley was satisfied with his character's development unless he was just taking a paycheck.

silver5liter 05-05-2013 12:35 AM

I liked the movie, didnt really like the curve ball. Mainly because Kingsley played the perfect creepy villian, well until the middle of the movie came. Alot less corny than iron man 2, just a step under iron man 1 imo

Aries Walker 05-05-2013 06:11 AM

It was a step under everything. The more I think about this movie, the more I hate it. Even if they hadn't
Spoiler!
they still would have to answer for
Spoiler!

Tribal Warfare 05-05-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9658330)
I liked the movie, didnt really like the curve ball. Mainly because Kingsley played the perfect creepy villian, well until the middle of the movie came. Alot less corny than iron man 2, just a step under iron man 1 imo

Spoiler!

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 08:20 AM

The more I think about this flick, the more I like it. But I can see why some of you didn't like it. Marvel definatley did a bait and switch with the trailers and marketing.

beach tribe 05-05-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 9651507)
No, that's what they refer to him as in the movie. Cheadle's character is now rebranded and everyone calls him the Iron Patriot.

No shit.
Well thats totally different than the comics.
I heard they ****ed up the Mandarin character too.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2013 09:11 AM

Basically this flick is an 80s/90s Shane Black action film, with Iron Man grafted on.

It could have been Lethal Weapon 5 or Last Boy Scout 2 with a few rewrites.

Buehler445 05-05-2013 10:11 AM

I really enjoyed it. There were some problems, but overall, I liked it. Definitely worth seeing, even if you don't like what's going on with the Mandarin character.

Spoiler!

As for the Extremis...

Spoiler!

My buddy thought it ripped off Batman pretty hard. He was kind of disappointed.

Spoiler!

My question is whether they will continue adventures of Iron Man.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I'm kind of hoping they do. Yeah, I know he'll be back for Avengers, but I'm kind of hoping they keep making IM movies. I know the 3 story arc is clean and nice and works well. But they've done a nice job of not making it too reeruned. And as long as they don't get too over-sweeping and huge enemies, I think they can do some decent movies yet. Marvel has earned enough credit to let them try another.

As to RDJ as Stark, I think they need to leave it alone, if RDJ can't do it anymore, they need to leave it alone. RDJ is it.

Sure-Oz 05-05-2013 10:29 AM

Didn't Favre not direct this one due to differences with Marvel? I dont remember if he directed Iron Man 2 or not.

Iron Man 1 easily the best and Avengers is up there with it as far as iron man movies