ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Brinkman smoke n grill (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260589)

Saccopoo 09-01-2012 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8871839)
Bacon dressed pork tenderloin....

Cool. Do you have one of those vertical smokers, and how does the meat stay on the grill?

GloryDayz 09-01-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8871842)
Cool. Do you have one of those vertical smokers, and how does the meat stay on the grill?

This was indirect-grilled. Pretty simple actually. This was only a third of the tenderloin.. Olive oil, dry rubs, salt/pepper, lay bacon on top. Grilled fat side down (because the bacon was on top), and let it go for a little more than two hours. Every 20 minutes I spritzed it with apple juice and had an open can of beer over each side (where the flames were) for a little more moisture. Time's not relevant, I just grilled it until the internal temp was 175.

And gravity is what keeps the meat on the grill... :thumb:

Saccopoo 09-01-2012 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 8871860)
This was indirect-grilled. Pretty simple actually. This was only a third of the tenderloin.. Olive oil, dry rubs, salt/pepper, lay bacon on top. Grilled fat side down (because the bacon was on top), and let it go for a little more than two hours. Every 20 minutes I spritzed it with apple juice and had an open can of beer over each side (where the flames were) for a little more moisture. Time's not relevant, I just grilled it until the internal temp was 175.

And gravity is what keeps the meat on the grill... :thumb:

I was being a smart ass about the picture orientation. I guess it didn't play well.

You took it to 175? That seems pretty high for a tenderloin.

tooge 09-01-2012 10:33 PM

Agree with the olive oil on the meat theory. Lots of the flavor components in spices are oil
Soluble, so oil is required to get them to come out

tooge 09-01-2012 10:38 PM

I posted this in another thread but it was good enough I thought I'd post it here. If u do a brisket, reserve the trimmed fat. Rub and smoke the meat. Half way through the smoke, lay the trimmed fat back over the brisket for the second half of the cook. It'll render and "baste" the meat. Remove it at ghe end. Ddlicious

In58men 09-02-2012 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8870884)
Bear hearts

I really hate to quote this again, but holy shit it's still funny to me.

IratePrimate 09-02-2012 01:45 AM

If anyone was on the fence on buying the tractor supply smoker its 20 bucks off right now.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/redston...asedPricingCmd

Saccopoo 09-02-2012 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IratePrimate (Post 8872153)
If anyone was on the fence on buying the tractor supply smoker its 20 bucks off right now.

I don't mean to be a Smokey Mountain elitist, but that thing looks like complete shit from a build quality perspective.

Phobia 09-02-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 8870848)
Jesus those look awesome!

Made up your rib sauce and the girlfriend (who is the pickiest eater) loved it! Thanks.

She is too. Drives me crazy. Just swallow it already.

Phobia 09-02-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8871902)
Agree with the olive oil on the meat theory. Lots of the flavor components in spices are oil

I agree on beef. Still like the mustard on pork.

GloryDayz 09-02-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8871888)
I was being a smart ass about the picture orientation. I guess it didn't play well.

You took it to 175? That seems pretty high for a tenderloin.

LOL, I got the joke... 175 works fine in a house full of people WHO EAT SUSHI but want everything else cooked. And it's moist as all get out (with the bacon), so it's all the better... And it was AWESOME!

GloryDayz 09-02-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 8871902)

Indeed on the olive oil. Just adds an awesome taste to most things...

GloryDayz 09-02-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8872204)
I agree on beef. Still like the mustard on pork.

I do at the beginning. My final glaze is usually honey, olive oil, and a dash or five of thin rub. So I still get it into pork too..

Saccopoo 09-02-2012 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just added a handful of briquettes, kicked the coals a bit, smoke popped right up for the last leg. Ribs have been on approximately 3 1/2 hours now. The beans are getting crafted as is the sauces.

GloryDayz 09-02-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 8872570)
Just added a handful of briquettes, kicked the coals a bit, smoke popped right up for the last leg. Ribs have been on approximately 3 1/2 hours now. The beans are getting crafted as is the sauces.

Like!!!!!!!!