ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You scared? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267541)

|Zach| 12-10-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9197597)
The Chiefs have just really beaten me down as a fan over the years.

Cricket is the superior sport, anyway. It's more widely recognized over the world, and KC happens to have a great set of owners that treat the fans well.

Once professional ultimate frisbee gets on track, Kansas City will be the new Title Town as long as you forget about football and baseball.

I have trouble understanding cricket.

|Zach| 12-10-2012 05:51 PM

Glory.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5zJG4TTNyDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9197589)
I guess I just don't see why Zach's questions about the Chiefs' board of directors aren't valid.

Pioli was Clark's first hire. He was a hot commodity.

What else should Clark have done?

Now, if Pioli is here next season, then it's a legit complaint.

RealSNR 12-10-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9197605)
I have trouble understanding cricket.

So do I. One of my colleagues is Indian and apparently follows it as much as I follow the Chiefs. He's also got a fancy ass satellite dish that can pick up the channels that carry it in India, though.

One of these days I'll watch a match with him and see if I can pick it up.

|Zach| 12-10-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9197608)
Pioli was Clark's first hire. He was a hot commodity.

What else should Clark have done?

Now, if Pioli is here next season, then it's a legit complaint.

Hire someone who would run the organization in a manner that respects the fans and his families vision for what supposedly the Chiefs should be in this community.

Oh...and win.

Ya know. Beat other NFL teams.

|Zach| 12-10-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9197613)
So do I. One of my colleagues is Indian and apparently follows it as much as I follow the Chiefs. He's also got a fancy ass satellite dish that can pick up the channels that carry it in India, though.

One of these days I'll watch a match with him and see if I can pick it up.

It seems interesting. I will sit down and give it an honest try with someone who knows something about it though it does not seem like my kind of game.

OnTheWarpath15 12-10-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9197589)
I guess I just don't see why Zach's questions about the Chiefs' board of directors aren't valid.

Just an observer's viewpoint, but it appears he's blaming 40 years of futility on a man whose been calling the shots for only 6 years, and made precisely ONE hire - one that 98% of fans and the media thought was brilliant at the time.

Small sample size, wouldn't you say?

Now, if he ****s up the next hire, or leaves Pioli in place after this season, I can get on board.

Reaper16 12-10-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9197616)
Just an observer's viewpoint, but it appears he's blaming 40 years of futility on a man whose been calling the shots for only 6 years, and made precisely ONE hire - one that 98% of fans and the media thought was brilliant at the time.

Now, if he ****s up the next hire, or leaves Pioli in place after this season, I can get on board.

Clark's not the sole decision maker though, right? He's just chairman of a larger Board.

|Zach| 12-10-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9197616)
Just an observer's viewpoint, but it appears he's blaming 40 years of futility on a man whose been calling the shots for only 6 years, and made precisely ONE hire - one that 98% of fans and the media thought was brilliant.

I don't think Clark is Lamar but I don't understand how you can totally disconnect the two. The Hunt family has brought us failure for so long and when Clark had a chance to change that he made it worse. MUCH worse.

Maybe he does better going forward. I don't understand where that optimism is coming from though.

Another part of my point that I feel like people are missing though is that its not just about hiring a GM. I don't think Clark has the magic sauce to make this organization a winning one from the top. A lot of small things go into building a successful organization.

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 9197614)
Hire someone who would run the organization in a manner that respects the fans and his families vision for what supposedly the Chiefs should be in this community.

Oh...and win.

Ya know. Beat other NFL teams.

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

vailpass 12-10-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9197624)

It isn't nice to make fun of Zach's weight no matter how much of a candy ass he's being.

|Zach| 12-10-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9197624)

Not in the least. That is what I believe he should have done. Why bring an east coast mentality to a midwest team creating a disconnect between the organization and the fans.

That is aside from being a ****ing horrible football team.

BigMeatballDave 12-10-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 9197620)
Clark's not the sole decision maker though, right? He's just chairman of a larger Board.

He's the CEO

Spott 12-10-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9197427)
Not scared at all. I emotionally detached myself from this franchise quite some time ago.

Me too. I decided at the end of last season that there was no point in watching any Chiefs game if they were going to continue with Cassel. Having the Sunday ticket ever week and being able to watch real NFL teams has made it easier to ignore the Chiefs. The only time I see them now is when they show up on the Red Zone channel before one of their FG attempts.

Easy 6 12-10-2012 06:01 PM

Welp, thats it, i'm done, theres no point in even caring anymore, at all, ever.

Zach says Clark is a hopeless case, "doesnt have the sauce"... i'm sold.

Anyone who wants all of my Chiefs gear, shoot me a pm.