ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Today 12/27 Mel Kiper says....... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268084)

Easy 6 12-27-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9244384)
My guess is that he ends up in JAX, and there will be an open competition for QB with Tebow, Gabbert, and Henne.

Then thats a competition he will ultimately lose.

If he isnt smart enough to see that he isnt a big league QB, then he doesnt deserve a long-term career... he'd be asking a risk averse league/team to reinvent the wheel for him and him alone, when he isnt good enough at that position to merit it.

crossbow 12-27-2012 05:49 PM

Perhaps Mel could advise the Jets on their GM situation. Two idiots are better then one Aye?

htismaqe 12-27-2012 05:52 PM

Again, intangibles like "heart" DO matter. Maybe you want to call it something different - mental toughness maybe.

Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl with a subpar running game, others have done it. The difference is that he can take a sack or throw a pick and go to the sideline and start looking at photos and planning the next drive. Guys like Cutler spend too much time yelling at linemen or offensive coordinators.

RunKC 12-27-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9244396)
The only way Wilson passes Geno is if Geno decides not to go.

On a level playing field, Smith is a superior prospect.

And how would Geno look if he was the QB at Arkansas this year?

RunKC 12-27-2012 06:08 PM

And c'mon DJnutz, Cassel and Tebow don't have real talent.

That's the difference between them and Wilson. Wilson has more talent than both of them combined.

MahiMike 12-27-2012 06:15 PM

If the Chiefs and Jags don't want the top 2 picks (and clearly need them the most), why would anyone trade with them?

threebag 12-27-2012 06:18 PM

If its on Mel's Big Board its off my table. Dude is a ****ing hack.

Chiefaholic 12-27-2012 06:43 PM

AS it currently stands, the Chiefs have ZERO starting caliber QB's on the roster. Casshole will get canned, Quinn signed a one year deal (he's done), and Stanzi couldn't beat out either of these pansies.

Draft Geno #1, WR, CB, or FS (best available) #2, then QB again at #3. It worked out pretty damn well for the Skins, I'd have no problem doing the same if any talent were left on the board.

hometeam 12-27-2012 06:47 PM

If I see another dumb ****ing Mel Kiper thread I am going to puke. Who buys into this shit?

htismaqe 12-27-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9244448)
And how would Geno look if he was the QB at Arkansas this year?

Like Tyler Wilson.

I've said all along that, for me, Smith was 1a and Wilson was 1b.

I've seen Wilson play and I know what kind of situation he was in. On a level playing field, Geno Smith is still the superior prospect.

Geno has always been my favorite but I am not "Geno or bust". I prefer Smith to Wilson by a narrow magin.

DeezNutz 12-27-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9244556)
Like Tyler Wilson.

I've said all along that, for me, Smith was 1a and Wilson was 1b.

I've seen Wilson play and I know what kind of situation he was in. On a level playing field, Geno Smith is still the superior prospect.

Geno has always been my favorite but I am not "Geno or bust". I prefer Smith to Wilson by a narrow magin.

I think it's entirely possible that the debate going into the draft will about which of these QBs is going 1/1 and which is going 1/2.

cdcox 12-27-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9244164)
They matter, but in the margins. And ultimately, a ton of it is rear-view mirror analysis. Brett Favre is 'a leader' but had he not had Reggie White on his team, we'd look back at him as a dipshit rube gunslinger that frat-boyed the Packers out of a championship or two.

If John Elway doesn't get Terrel Davis in the backfield, he's still a punchline.

We call those guys great leaders in hindsight because they won, but it's a Chicken/egg argument, IMO.

There are a handful of truly great leaders that have come into the league. Montana is among them and perhaps Brady as well. Those guys are outliers and not what you demand in a QB.

I don't think either Manning falls into that category and I'm not convinced Rodgers does either. Those are just excellent QBs with insane talent. What separates Rodgers from Cutler is accuracy, decisionmaking and to a lesser degree, mobility. Oh, and Cutler is revered by his teammates, for what it's worth. Folks in Chicago say that his leadership in that lockerroom is superlative. But sometimes he's just a goddamn lunatic on the field and thats why they don't win.

What kept Marino from a Super Bowl was no running game and no pass rush. Had he had either of those things, he'd have gotten a ring or two and we wouldn't be blitzing him as a shitty leader, just as we don't blitz Elway or Favre.

A complete lack of leadership and character will kill a QB, look at Fatmarcus. But most of them have enough to pass the litmus test question. At that point its talent and decisionmaking - which you can see on the tape.

The panting 'leader' platitudes are for national talking heads that love to analyze in the rearview rather than do their homework ahead of time.

I concur with this post.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9244320)
The crow-eating wouldn't be about taking the risk. I agree he's the only choice that makes any sense or gives any indication that this team is serious. It would be about Geno himself. If he flames out, there's gonna be a lot of people (myself included) who will look back at some posts hailing him as an incredible talent and cringe a little bit.

Which is just more bullshit.

Geno is the right decision for this franchise and it's not even close. I ****ing hate how I see this "Matt Cassel was the right decision at the time for this franchise" bullshit all over this forum, but if some Geno fans will be forced to say that about a #1 overall pick, it's going to be this embarrassing come-to-Jesus moment, where we'll need to be publicly shamed for the rest of our Chiefs Planet posting careers.

If Matt Cassel could have been the right decision at the time (he wasn't, but that's not the point) then there should be ZERO crow to be eaten about Geno in the unlikely instance that he doesn't work out as an NFL QB.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 07:51 PM

I've been watching a bit more Wilson. Like him, but it's Geno easily for me.

Hootie 12-27-2012 07:52 PM

I'll take a QB bust at #1 over a 10 year pro bowl ILB