ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

HolyHat 02-02-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9372462)
Once you get a QB that throws for 4k yards in a Cheaps uniform, talk smack

:whackit::lame:

R8RFAN 02-02-2013 12:37 PM

Half of you meth heads here have never seen a Cheaps playoff win

HolyHat 02-02-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9372495)

Your tactics may work on some, but I'm not going to get worked up. Troll on

splatbass 02-02-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9372480)
Alex Smith, if released will require STARTER money and a STARTER's contract to sign on. Some QB starved team will give it to him. Why don't people get this?

There is certainly a chance they will sign Alex Smith and draft a QB at #1. Hell, the Packers had a future HOF starting QB making starting QB money and they still drafted QB in the first. And our new GM was involved in that.

I'm certainly not against having a veteran that can be a starter if needed along with a QBOTF. More good QBs is better than less. And we have the cap room. And despite the fact that 3 teams started rookies last year successfully that does not mean the rookie we draft will be ready to start immediately.

R8RFAN 02-02-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9372497)
Your tactics may work on some, but I'm not going to get worked up. Troll on

Don't talk to me n00b

splatbass 02-02-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9372495)

I've not only seen a playoff win, I've seen a SB win.

R8RFAN 02-02-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9372499)
There is certainly a chance they will sign Alex Smith and draft a QB at #1. Hell, the Packers had a future HOF starting QB making starting QB money and they still drafted QB in the first. And our new GM was involved in that.

I'm certainly not against having a veteran that can be a starter if needed along with a QBOTF. More good QBs is better than less. And we have the cap room.

Alex Smith really should have never lost his job to be honest....

R8RFAN 02-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9372501)
I've not only seen a playoff win, I've seen a SB win.

Awesome, lets me and you go drink a beer and a couple of shots... Just us old dudes:thumb:

Pasta Little Brioni 02-02-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

I'm certainly not against having a veteran that can be a starter if needed along with a QBOTF. More good QBs is better than less. And we have the cap room. And despite the fact that 3 teams started rookies last year successfully that does not mean the rookie we draft will be ready to start immediately.

I'm sorry, but the odds of that happening are EXTREMELY unlikely. You don't draft a guy 1-1 AND pay big money to a starter the SAME offseason. Will never happen. Signing Smith = trying to win now and shoring up the rest of the team around him. Now they may take a slapdick in rounds 3-4, but the dream of Geno or Wilson is dead.

milkman 02-02-2013 12:58 PM

Ier
Quote:

Entirely different situations

If the Chiefs were to sign Alex Smith, theywould sign him to
start, then draft mid round developmental QB to back up.

Sheer stupity, IMO.

The Chiefs are like a guy that have been living on Top Ramen for years.
They are being taken out to dinner by their assosiates and been given their choice of restaurants.

You are suggesting McDonalds.

milkman 02-02-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9372502)
Alex Smith really should have never lost his job to be honest....

No shit.

You know, because slightly above mediocre game managers offer far better chance to succed than dynamic plamakers.

splatbass 02-02-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9372538)
Ier

Entirely different situations

If the Chiefs were to sign Alex Smith, theywould sign him to
start, then draft mid round developmental QB to back up.

Sheer stupity, IMO.

The Chiefs are like a guy that have been living on Top Ramen for years.
They are being taken out to dinner by their assosiates and been given their choice of restaurants.

You are suggesting McDonalds.

No, I am not. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Demonpenz 02-02-2013 03:34 PM

Alex Smith was #1 overall. So we are getting a #1 overall with a soon to be superbowl title.

RINGLEADER 02-02-2013 03:48 PM

The problem I have with Alex Smith is that he was Matt Cassel until Jim Harbaugh came along. The past couple seasons were better than average, but who knows what form he reverts to. Trading one unknown (Geno) for another just doesn't make sense to me. Unless they think Albert is washed up or they just want the LT position to be manned for rookie pay for a few seasons...

DaneMcCloud 02-02-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 9372834)
Alex Smith was #1 overall. So we are getting a #1 overall with a soon to be superbowl title.

LMAO