ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith did, does, and will always suck. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270480)

Internet Tough Guy 03-01-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9455301)
Everybody needs to pledge right here and now that they'll still hate Alex Smith even if he puts together a mediocre 9-7 season or whatever bullshit will convince morons that this was a good trade.

Lol if we are so lucky to reach 9-7 next year ill be amazed... 49ers 2-14 year they didnt do well at all following the year after that, ironic it was with alex.. And Detroits 2-14 year they havent touched the playoffs and actually did terrible last year despite megatron breaking the yardage record...

If we go 9-7 and you want people to still hate alex. well then you just sound like a crazy ex girlfriend or in your case boyfriend that will hate the guy no matter what.... and if peyton gets hurts, shoot we might even make it into the playoffs at 9-7 with our division the way it is.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-01-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9452054)
JFC I'm done hearing about how Alex Smith is an asshole because he went 1/14 on 3rd down in his biggest game of the season.

WTF about Geno Smith? That mother****er went 0/10 on 3rd down in his biggest game of the season and nobody says a ****ing word about it.

Nassib blows

TribalElder 03-01-2013 05:56 PM

Why the **** did we have to do this to Our team.

This is so fail it kills me inside

9erAkbar 03-01-2013 06:16 PM

Lifelong Niner fan here and I thought I should drop in and let you know about Alex. The dude is an average QB at best, you guys really got boned hard in this trade if everything said is true. Be ready for consistent check down passes because he does not have confidence and balls to throw the balls down field. Also be ready for leading the league in sacks because he will take sacks when everything breaks down. I truly feel sorry for you guys if Andy Ried has hooked his wagon to Alex. You guys better have an awesome defense and special teams because if EVERYTHING is not perfect then he cant get the job done.

But as a niner fan I am absolutely stoked about this trade. Thank you Andy Ried for taking him and giving us some good draft picks.

PHOG 03-01-2013 06:22 PM

They're taking Geno 1.1

Hammock Parties 03-01-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9erAkbar (Post 9455527)
Lifelong Niner fan here and I thought I should drop in and let you know about Alex. The dude is an average QB at best, you guys really got boned hard in this trade if everything said is true. Be ready for consistent check down passes because he does not have confidence and balls to throw the balls down field. Also be ready for leading the league in sacks because he will take sacks when everything breaks down. I truly feel sorry for you guys if Andy Ried has hooked his wagon to Alex. You guys better have an awesome defense and special teams because if EVERYTHING is not perfect then he cant get the job done.

But as a niner fan I am absolutely stoked about this trade. Thank you Andy Ried for taking him and giving us some good draft picks.

Please send us more 49ers fans.

Dylan 03-01-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Land (Post 9455340)
Personally don't want to roll with this,,,we should strike the Chiefs headquarters...with picket signs and everything...all the fans....NO MORE RETREADS NO MORE RETREADS....

"Speak now or forever hold your peace"

Andy Reid just might regret taking the job.

KCTitus 03-01-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannibal (Post 9455332)
I wanted to draft a QB too, but **** it lets roll with this and see what we have with Reid pulling the strings. I'll be right there with you with the torches and pitch forks if they fail.

LOL...Cannibal! Of all people I figured to be on the 'doom and gloom' train...

You must be mellowing in your old age. ;)

Dixie Land 03-01-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9erAkbar (Post 9455527)

This is bleak....WTF???? I wouldn't doubt Andy Reid got paid off for this....rigged!!!! 49ers are stoked they got rid of dead wood and got great draft picks....OMG.....:shake:

prhom 03-01-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9455301)
Everybody needs to pledge right here and now that they'll still hate Alex Smith even if he puts together a mediocre 9-7 season or whatever bullshit will convince morons that this was a good trade.

I can't think of a single player that will have encountered so much hate before he plays a single down. As much as Geno would have received the benefit of the doubt from me, Alex Smith will have to be perfect in nearly every phase for me to give him props.

He will have to carry the team when the running game isn't working. He will have to make plays late in the game when we need good play from the QB. He can't get us in a hole early by turning the ball over. He will have to stretch the field with deep passes to help loosen up the defense for the run game.

I'm not going to give him a pass because he did not lose the game for us, he must be the one that wins it when no one else steps up. He has to do that all season or I'm not going to give him any apology.

Anything less than this and we should be looking for his replacement. Hell, we should be looking for that anyway. I'm being realistic though, we aren't going to take anyone capable of competing with him this season.

RunKC 03-01-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9455473)
Nassib blows

Still better than Geno.

Hammock Parties 03-01-2013 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prhom (Post 9455931)
I can't think of a single player that will have encountered so much hate before he plays a single down.

It's because Alex Smith basically already played for this team the last 4 seasons.

bowener 03-01-2013 09:41 PM

Maybe Reid traded for Alex Smith BECAUSE he was such a good teammate and accepted his role as backup and teacher to Kap. Maybe Reid want's him to do the same for Geno.

This is my sunshine and rainbows dream. Also in this dream we swap 2nds with SF and get a 4th or some shit... idk.

Smith2Bench 03-01-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixie Land (Post 9455876)
This is bleak....WTF???? I wouldn't doubt Andy Reid got paid off for this....rigged!!!! 49ers are stoked they got rid of dead wood and got great draft picks....OMG.....:shake:

I second that. Did you know Kaepernick came in on key redzone situations earlier in the season before Smith went down?

Why?

Because we couldn't score for shit with Smith in there!

Smith made his money on play action passes with 8 men in the box to stop Gore. He is no good when the onus is on him to make the play. He'll just check it down or take a sack. I hope you have a great punter. There will be a lot of three and outs. Thank god we had Andy Lee, one of the best punters in the league who put our defense in good positions despite poor offensive play.

hometeam 03-01-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith2Bench (Post 9455989)
I second that. Did you know Kaepernick came in on key redzone situations earlier in the season before Smith went down?

Why?

Because we couldn't score for shit with Smith in there!

Smith made his money on play action passes with 8 men in the box to stop Gore. He is no good when the onus is on him to make the play. He'll just check it down or take a sack. I hope you have a great punter. There will be a lot of three and outs. Thank god we had Andy Lee, one of the best punters in the league who put our defense in good positions despite poor offensive play.

We do. He has LOTS of practice.