ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I'm going to make a lot of you ill with this thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270557)

Pasta Little Brioni 02-28-2013 01:06 PM

Step 2: Rationalization

DeezNutz 02-28-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9451305)
Step 2: Rationalization

It's pathetic. So many of these posters could never make it as Royals fans.

I think the trade (Myers, Smith, etc., doesn't matter) was a great idea!

Pasta Little Brioni 02-28-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9451333)
It's pathetic. So many of these posters could never make it as Royals fans.

I think the trade (Myers, Smith, etc., doesn't matter) was a great idea!

We've already got people throwing up "highlight reels" of him dinking and dunking down the field acting like it's awesome.

DeezNutz 02-28-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9451348)
We've already got people throwing up "highlight reels" of him dinking and dunking down the field acting like it's awesome.

You're not impressed with positive attributes like being extremely accurate with short-yardage passes?

Middling in the short-term and disastrous for the long-term. We're back to hoping that we fall ass backwards into a legitimate QB.

When we acquired Cassel, I said the same thing then, noting that the unintentional consequence could be us getting a chance to select Barkley in three years (who was the most highly regarded young QB entering college at the time).

But we'll have to wait on that type of dream. Should change the team name to the Kansas City Eunuchs, placing an empty nut sack on the side of the helmet.

Dave Lane 02-28-2013 01:26 PM

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.

2. PAIN & GUILT-
As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.

3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")

4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

7 Stages of Grief...

5. THE UPWARD TURN-
As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.

6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.

7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

7 stages of grief...

You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your lost loved one without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living.

Dave Lane 02-28-2013 01:27 PM

Welcome Floppy to bargaining.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-28-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9451383)
Welcome Floppy to bargaining.

LMAO Preeeeeetty much.

Mr. Laz 02-28-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 9451117)
Really? Reid runs a west coast offense - this is EXACTLY why Alex Smith is a good choice. Haubaugh CHANGED his offense with Kappernick in to reflect his style of play. Why do you think the 49ers lost to the Ravens in the SB? Who beat the Saints in the playoffs last year?

Does anyone on this board really and truly think that if Geno Smith was drafted #1 overall and thrown into the starting line up, that it would be successful? Absolutely hell no it wouldn't be - it would be epic fail. Geno Smith is NOT RGIII.

Its just amazing that the media and draft guru's all say the same thing - there is no QB worthy of the #1 pick - MAJORITY. Yet, all you arm chair GMs swear that Geno Smith is the answer. He's not and never was going to be.

Alex Smith was the ONLY viable solution. I love this team and I am very happy with the new regime. I say let them do there jobs and believe that they know what is best for the team. We have free agency on March 12th and then the draft in April. This is not finished and pre-season is too far away.

The West Coast offense is a scheme that can be run a hundred different ways.

Just because Smith and Reid both are familiar with the system doesn't mean they both are suited to run it the same way.

Alex Smith is a guy that needs protection. Harbaugh protected him and that's why he tried to get Manning and then replaced Smith with Kaepernick.

Harbaugh saved Smith's career but still knew that Alex Smith was a limitation.

WV 02-28-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9450439)
I'm not pissed at Alex Smith the player. I accepted the fact as soon as the rumors started that he was probably coming here. I'm pissed at the compensation that we gave up and how it basically ****s us when it comes to the draft.....just like 2009.

This X1000

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-28-2013 02:06 PM

"Together Is Fuedal"-Lounge?
Posted via Mobile Device

J Diddy 02-28-2013 02:14 PM

I'm just wondering how long I'm going to have to listen to people bitch and moan? Until the beginning of the season? Training camp? Draft? Free agency?

I'll go on record as saying I liked the trade and I think he's going to do good. We're going to pick a qb in the draft and that will be qbotf.

Reaper16 02-28-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9451534)
We're going to pick a qb in the draft and that will be qbotf.

Where in the draft?

PaulAllen 02-28-2013 04:52 PM

Not clutch, he shit his pants in that nfc championship game, I don't care what anybody says.

Mr. Flopnuts 02-28-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulAllen (Post 9451983)
Not clutch, he shit his pants in that nfc championship game, I don't care what anybody says.

I can't keep up with both of your personalities. Which one is how you really feel?

PaulAllen 02-28-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9451989)
I can't keep up with both of your personalities. Which one is how you really feel?

Flop, you have me confused with that dickhead Marcus Halberstram. Understandable since we go to the same barber although I have a slightly better haircut.